Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Important questions :\

Stigma

Really, what are my chances of getting into nats this year?
How much does a badge cost to get into nats?
When do I need to show up?
How tough is it for a senior? I took first in a really hard battle road but meh

response needed ASAP, I will <3 you forever if you can help

I'll bite.

You chances, if you get there early and register properly are 100% of getting in as a Senior.

Badges cost about $20 per day to Origins. You need at least Saturday.

I would suggest on Friday, earlier if better to get through the registration stuffs.

The Senior Division is tough. You have plenty of past Nationals and Worlds Champions in your field...and they all want another trophy for their case!

Vince

One of the things that Vince forgot to mention is that "chances" aside, the Nationals tournament is a lot of fun. If you want to play on Saturday, you are better to get there as early as you can at least by Friday, and get yourself your badge and sign up to get your event ticket. Be prepared with a modified legal deck, dice/damage counters/special condition markers, POP ID # and accurately, legibly completed deck list...then come to the Pokemon room and play league as much as you can on Friday and check out some of the pick up tournaments if you want. It is a great deal of fun and just imagine all the people you could meet....maybe a new friend or two. If you go to the event only if you think you have a chance to win, mind you there is only 1 winner for the Senior division out of probably 150-200 players, so most will go home not a winner of the tournament. Choose to go for other reasons and you won't be dissapointed. We went last year and it was our first time. My son made top cut in Nationals, played 1 game and got eliminated. He was disappointed, but went right back to playing with loads of fun and had a blast!

Back