2 Bubble Coat
2 Night Maintenance
3 Felicity´s Drawing
2 Bebe´s Search
1 Luxury Ball
3 Roseanne´s Research
Energies:
14 Fire Energies

Strategy: Start with Farfetch´d, get Roseanne´s (for Basics) and then TM TS-1. Set Up 1/2 Infernapes, 1 Rotom and 1/2 Cherrims/ Typho. Switch Infernape and Rotom (Rotom Active: attach Infernape normal + attack. Infernape Active: attack 130/160 w/ Cherrim/ Typho). Infernape IFDS is for spreading and energy acceleration, as a second attacker. Infernape LV.X is a second attacker, too. It attacks when it haves enough energy to do it.

I don´t want post that said me to include Claydol/ Heatran. Claydol because Farfetch´d is better and Heatran because I want to do a deck without it, it´s too heavy.

Translations:

Cherrim from Intense Fight in the Destroyed Sky Cherrim LV.30 – Grass – HP80
Stage 1 – Evolves from Cherubi

Poke-Body: Sunny Day
Each of your Grass-type and Fire-type Pokemon’s attacks does an additional 10 damage to your opponent’s Active Pokemon.

[.] Sweet and Salty Pollen: 20 damage. Remove 2 damage counters from 1 of your Pokemon.
[G][C][C] Solar Beam: 50 damage.

Weakness: Fire (+20)
Resistance: Water (-20)
Retreat: 1

Cherubi LV.9 – Grass – HP50
Basic Pokemon

[.] Nap: Remove 2 damage counters from Cherubi.
[G] Bullet Seed: Flip 4 coins, this attack does 10 damage x the number of heads.

Weakness: Fire (+10)
Resistance: Water (-20)

Infernape LV.49 – Fighting – HP120
Stage 2 – Evolves from Monferno

Poke-Power: Flame Dance
You can use this Power once during your turn, when you play this card from your hand to Evolve a Pokemon. Flip a coin, if heads search your deck for up to 4 Fire Energy cards and attach them to your Pokemon in any way you like. Shuffle your deck afterward.

[C][C] Close Combat: 60 damage. During your opponent’s next turn, any damage done to Infernape by attacks is increased by 30.
[R][R][C][C] Intense Heat: 80 damage. Discard 2 Fire Energy attached to Infernape, and do 20 damage to each of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon.

Weakness: Psychic (+30)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 0

Farfetch’d LV.29 – Colorless – HP70
Basic Pokemon

[C] Fetch: Search your deck for 1 Trainer, Supporter, or Stadium card, show it to your opponent, and put it in your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.
[C] Fury Cutter: 10 damage. Flip 3 coins. If 1 is heads, this attack does an additional 10 damage. If 2 are heads, this attack does an additional 20 damage. If all 3 are heads, this attack does an additional 40 damage.

Weakness: Lightning (+20)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)

Luxury Ball – Trainer

Search your deck for 1 Pokemon card (excluding Pokemon LV.X), show it to your opponent, and put it in your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

If there’s already a card named Luxury Ball in your discard pile, you can’t play this card.

Pokedrawer + – Trainer

You can play 2 copies of this card at the same time.
If you play 1 copy, draw 1 card from your deck.
If you play 2 copies, search your deck for up to 2 cards and put them in your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward. (This counts as the effect of both cards.)

Last edited:
Farfetch’d LV.29 – Colorless – HP70
Basic Pokemon

[C] Fetch: Search your deck for 1 Trainer, Supporter, or Stadium card, show it to your opponent, and put it in your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.
[C] Fury Cutter: 10 damage. Flip 3 coins. If 1 is heads, this attack does an additional 10 damage. If 2 are heads, this attack does an additional 20 damage. If all 3 are heads, this attack does an additional 40 damage.

Weakness: Lightning (+20)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)

I am kind of confused on how mean this is better claydol, but we will go with that presumption. So my suggestion is go with the cherrim, and hope it works.

Otherwise try the typhlosion.

I will try Cherrim because I can do more damage faster.
Farfetch´d is better because it can get Trainers, Supporters or Stadiums in the first turn. Also it´s Basic and has a good second attack. It´s better because it only have 10 HP less than Claydol.

Cherrim takes up too much space in this deck. If you're going to play Ape make sure you focus on getting it out as quick as possible. Adding 10 damage to each attack is nice, but you can do that with pluspowers. Try this:

Pokemons: 19
1 Infernape LV.X
1 Infernape IFDS
2 Infernape MD
2 Monferno MD
4 Chimchar DP
3 Cyndaquil
1 Quilava
3 Typhlosion
4 Jirachi LA or 2/2 Claydol

Trainers: 25
4 Rare Candy
3 Buck´s Training
3 Poke-drawer+/Dusk Ball/Quick Ball
2 Bubble Coat
1 Night Maintenance
3 Felicity´s Drawing
4 Bebe´s Search
4 Roseanne´s Research

Energies:
14 Fire Energies

Good luck with it. Just make sure not to lose focus on the key strategy of the deck which is to keep recycling energies on Apes using Typho to do over 100 damage a turn. That way you won't even need the extra 10 damage.

mud mud mudkip: I play Rotom to recharge Infernape MD. Infernape LV.X isn´t the main attacker, it only attacks when it can.
PokemansForGeeks: My strategy is to do 130 and KO any Poekmon. Rotom does the work of Typho better as it is a Basic Pokomon. I use Cherrim to do 130 and KO most of S2 Pokemons. Farfetch´d is better than Jirachi as I don´t put the card in the top of the deck. The key strategy of this deck is keep recycling with Rotom and do 130/140 damage.

Don't go with the double Stage 2 lines, its way too slow to even set up. Infernape has always been about speed and quick damage.

Something I've been experimenting with:

4 Chimchar
2 Monferno
3 Infernape (MD)
1 Infernape (IFIDS)

2 Heatran (Fire)
2 Heatran Level X

2 Baltoy
2 Claydol

Made for speed. If you happen to open with a Heatran, get a call on it, get chimchar's set up, level up ASAP and try to get to an Infernape quickly. Thing with this is you never lose a fire energy from the power. Ape X IMHO has lost its touch since the loss of Delcatty and Delcatty EX, and may not really be necessary anymore.

JMO though. You can play it however, but I rather like this build.

I want the deck doing big damage, but not necessary fast (obviusly, better if fast).
I´m not playing 2 S2 lines, only Infernape as a S2 line, Cherrim as a S1 line and Rotom and Farfetch´d as Basics.
In the 1st post I said that I don´t want to add Heatran nor Claydol. The first one beacause it´s too heavy and I´m not sure of obtaining it. The second because Farfetch´d is faster and lets me choose what I want.

The reason Claydol is so great though is because it is something you can and usually will be using throughout the duration of the game, as long as it isn't sniped or KOed via accumulated spread damage or something. Farfetch'd is almost exclusively good as a starter. You don't want to be using it past the first few turns to fetch trainers for you, for the obvious reason that it takes up an attack. That stuff you grab can get Wagered anyway. Claydol is a permanent benefit for you, constantly renewing your resources, and it doesn't take up your attack for the turn. Farfetch'd is only temporary, it takes up a valuable attack, and what it can grab for you is limited.

You could just drop the Cherrim line for Claydol and keep the Farfetch'd as a starter. Then you'd get the best of both worlds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back