Infernape MD + Gardevoir d EX

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by Abyss, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Abyss

Abyss New Member

I think that a 1-0-1 Gardy d EX would be a good tech because you move the fire energy back and you also have the power to imprison any pokemon on your opponents field plus 150 HP.

2. Muscovy Level X

Muscovy Level X New Member

Yeah, but Gardy isn't the greatest attacker, and you could put the extra energy directly on 'ape.
    Besides, right now, :psychic: x2 weakness is not a good thing.

3. Rai

Rai <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

Rotom's got cooler tricks. Re-attaching energy? 60 to Empoleon while still moving the energy... But on a basic?

The 150 HP doesn't go that far against Banette... Whoops? You are psychic and easilly do 80 damage for two energy without really needing powers? Hmm... I'd rather use a basic who still can do either +80 for Infernape's next attack or do 60 to most water pokemon and raise Infernape's attack by 40.

4. Abyss

Abyss New Member

Hmm well I see everyone just assumed that this 1-0-1 tech would be used in those horrible situations. Rotom requires a lightning or multi. Nevermind forget it.

5. Magic_Umbreon

Magic_Umbreon Researching Tower Scientist, Retired

The nail in the coffin for Gardevoir ex δ is that its Imprison poké-power is actually shut off by opposing Psychic Lock. Even if you imprison their Cosmic Power or Telepass, you won't get the chance to stop anymore. That's if you manage to get Gardevoir ex δ out before they start Psychic Locking.

6. Yoshi-

Yoshi- New Member

How about using it against anythink except plox ?
    How about banette fails terrible without claydol ?

7. TODDakaESTEBAN

TODDakaESTEBAN New Member

i know do you guys even know what a tech is LOLOLOLOLOLOL

i don't exactly pull out a dugtrio tech against gardy but it's key in 1 matchup so if i apply that to this situation it's in many ways a better TECH

8. Deidara

Deidara New Member

The Poke-Power & attack is interesting IMO but with so many Psychic decks out there, Gardy ex d will be killed & thus giving your opponent 2 free prizes...