Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Infertar Returns!!! [DP-On]

Status
Not open for further replies.

burnpsy

This is a deck that has been in the works since the start of the season when I started playing in tournaments... this deck has never actually been in a tournament, but it appears to be able to do a good job... after the creation of the deck, it obtained a small following (not nearly enough to affect the game). Now that the new season approaches, I changed the deck to match... and it isn't doing too well... One last thing, this isn't the first time I posted this for the new season, but with Legends Awakened coming, I need to tune it up... Also, if a card is blatantly obvious to add then I probably don't have it but feel free to mention it... I haven't bought more cards since SW, and I have a limited budget...

Infertar

Pokemon (19)

3-2-2-1 Infernape Lv. X (DP-DP-DP-Promo)
2/1-3 Magmortar (MT/SW-SW)
2-1 Arcanine (SW-SW)
2 Smeargle (SW)

Trainer / Supporter / Stadium (23)

4 Bebe's Search
3 Roseanne's Research
1 Time - Space Distortion
2 Night Maintenance
3 Warp Point
2 Team Galactic's Mars
4 Rare Candy
3 PlusPower
1 Premier Ball

Energy (18)

18 Fire Energy

The Strategy

Discard energy as fast as possible, paying no attention to whether I'm decking myself out or not as long as Infernape LV. X is in play. Suicide Magmortar and Arcanine help with this concept, Smeargle drains Energy from the deck at the start of the game to ensure I don't draw them often. TGM is filler. Water = GG. Now do you see what I meant by this deck isn't doing well? the loss of Delcatty (PK) was pretty big, even though this deck used only one copy...

Phew, that was tiring to type... I think I should also note that I WILL list cards I don't have that people recommend...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recommended Cards

1 Infernape MD
2 Bronzong MT
2 Bronzor MT
4 Felicity's Drawing
1 more Premier Ball
1 Magmortar LV. X

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is the experimental list that will be edited based on everyone's ideas...

Pokemon 20

3-2-3-1 Infernape [DP-DP-MD-Promo]
2-2-1 Magmortar [MT-SW-MT]
2-2 Bronzong [MT-MT]
2 Smeargle [SW]

Trainers 22

2 Night Maintenance
4 Felicity's Drawing
4 Bebe's Search
2 Warp Point
4 Rare Candy
2 Premier Ball
1 Time-Space Distortion
3 Roseanne's Research

Energy 18

18 :fire: Energy

Last edited:
a bronzong DP(i think its Dp) line could go good with this and also if your going to run arcanine make it 2-2 not 2-1
Edit: bronzong is from MT

Last edited:
dude Infernape Magmortar Arcanine is week to Kingdra so have fun with that

Since when has weakness been the end all be all in the past? Weakness might not matter in this case. Especially with something so overly hyped as Kingdra.

if infernape has 130 hp, then weakness does make a difference between 2HKO and 3HKO
i think i already said this on pokebeach (same username), but yeah use bronzong.

Since when has weakness been the end all be all in the past? Weakness might not matter in this case. Especially with something so overly hyped as Kingdra.

THANK YOU! sheesh, Kingdra is too overrated for its own good...

if infernape has 130 hp, then weakness does make a difference between 2HKO and 3HKO
i think i already said this on pokebeach (same username), but yeah use bronzong.

You did...

BTW, Ape LV. X has 120 HP...

test it, test it, test it!!!! this deck rocks dude, one of the best fire decks i have seen. o ya, put in motar x, it might help with heavy damage, and to take out a kingdra.

test it, test it, test it!!!! this deck rocks dude, one of the best fire decks i have seen. o ya, put in motar x, it might help with heavy damage, and to take out a kingdra.

hmm... Mag X is getting cheaper now too... I think I'll do that...

and thanks! :smile:

I've just tested the deck, and it seems that I don't draw more than 2 basics at the start of the game, usually not what I need so I need to find space for 3 Roseanne's Research...

thoughts?

I now have a tesed matchup against Kingdra:

Vs. Kingdra
49-51 - Kingdra

If my opponents pulls out a T2 Kingdra, then I've probably lost, otherwise I'm fine...

this also comes with some changes I had to make to my Trainer line...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back