Infinite Kabutops ex

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Broken Lizard, Oct 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Lizard

Broken Lizard New Member

Swarm? You want swarm? We got swarm!

TOPSEX

Pokémon (18)
    4 Mysterious Fossil .
    4 Buried Fossil
    3 Kabuto (SS)
    3 Kabutops ex
    2 Skitty (SS)
    2 Delcatty (Holo)
    (yeah, I know, fossils are trainers. Sue me.)

Trainers (20)
    4 Oracle
    4 Juggler
    4 Fast Ball
    4 Rare Candy
    2 TV
    1 Lure Ball
    1 Underground Lake
    1 Undersea Ruins

Energy (21)
    2 Boost
    4 Warp
    15 Fighting

Strategy Notes

Rare Candy: Go directly from a fossil to Kabutops ex. Then, when it's about to die, devolve it back to a Fossil via Undersea Ruins. The damage will knock out the fossil, but they get no prize! :lol:

Edit: I was thinking of Energy Retrieval, which would discard Kabuto to get back 2 Fighting... it's not legal though. So, I dropped those 4 for a Lure Ball, 2 Warp and 1 Fighting. I suppose I could put in a Fighting type Kabutops to cover Lightning, but I'm inclined not to...

Last edited: Oct 6, 2003
  2. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

Darn you beat me to showing off the devolving Kabutops ex to fossil move.
    I've been thinking about it all week and it sounds good but I still have only 1 K-tops ex. I think K-Tops needs some kind of backup since Electric and Grass should be able to knock it around. You could play some fighting atleast to beat electric. Good deck except I don't see the Energy Search=discard Kabuto?

3. League Leader Terry

League Leader Terry New Member

True, but there are still plenty of ways to attack the bench.

4. DARKGeNGaR094

DARKGeNGaR094 New Member

Seeing as you only play 2 basics that you can start with, I suggest playing w copycat, bc of mulligans giving your opponent a huge hand.

5. dkates

dkates New Member

Actually, he can start with Mysterious Fossil, and Buried Fossil is a true Basic, not a Trainer -- it even gives a Prize for a KO. Keep that in mind. In any case, I would recommend dropping 3 Fighting Energy for Copycats.

6. White Gryphon

White Gryphon New Member

From here, I can't tell what there is to defend your Undersea Ruins from getting kicked out of the game once your opponent plays a Stadium in defense... Are there already cards in the deck that can bring the Stadium back into either your deck or hand, or are those cards important enough to replace something that's already in the deck?

EDIT: Sorry, did I say Undreground? I meant Undersea!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2003
  7. DARKGeNGaR094

DARKGeNGaR094 New Member

Sorry, I was thinking of claw/root fossil. The rule of starting with a fossil is new to me though.

8. twutt

twutt New Member

i was just thinking that maybe the name doesn't fit in here ..
    if you .. kinda split the name on the middle: "top sex" ..
    but you should consider another "Undersea Ruins"..

9. dkates

dkates New Member

Actually, it was ruled that all Fossils can be played as Basics during setup. Really changes the game, and creates a new rogue -- one version of which is posted in this forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.