Inphlosion!!!

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by mca3, Jan 2, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. mca3

mca3 New Member

I was thinking of running a deck with 3-2-3-1 Infernape/Lv.X and 2-1-2 Typhlosion MT with 4 Stantler or Absol SW. Would this be too slow or, I could see it working by having 2 Infernape active and Ty on the Bench. Use Flare Blitz for 90 by 2:fire: energy, while you load another Infernape by Ty's Firestarter poke power, and retret each one after each turn( free retret) while reloading the other on the bench!:thumb:

2. Regis_Neo

Regis_Neo Moderator

I think someone tried playing something like this against me in a CC, though it was Blaziken > Typhlosion. I wouldn't recommend it, as it is pretty slow.

3. Rai

Rai <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

I tried it with Blaziken~ It was in a Battle Roads though. :/

And it was terrible. Setting up 2 stage 2s? Even with Delcatty support? Ew. At least Magmortar's a stage 1. Not to mention 100 HP? That's one shotable by Gallade no problem. NO problem. Kinda scary, that...

The problem with the speed? all of the stage 2s... You're consuming candy left and right, you're not able to recover should you get early KOs... Little bounce back ability compared to other decks in the format.

OF COURSE, this was without Corsola, which is vital (getting those basics out makes a HUGE difference). Do I still think this is too clunky of a deck to work AS OF RIGHT NOW? Yes. Who knows, Claydol and Phione support (GE) might help, but... It's still iffy. :/

Most certainly do NOT start with Absol. Absol's a pokemon who does NOT help YOU set up, which is bad. YOU have to get set up, or should your opponent pull a lucky Copycat, Birch, or TGW, your slowing them down comes to a halt. And T2 knockout of Absol is just terrible. Not to mention Stantler helps against other Absol. Most certainly Stantler or Corsola starter.