Iron Chef Champion is(Official)

Discussion in 'Deck Contests' started by Vegeta ss4, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Vegeta ss4

Vegeta ss4 Iron Chef Leader

THERE WILL BE A VIEWER INPUT!!

The scores have NOT been graded by me, I am really busy until tomorrow but I thought that I would at least get the lists on a thread for all to grade.

Here are the lists. Please give a score!

Score is 7/10 4/5 4/5 = 15/20
    Average is 16.4

Score is 9/10 4/5 4/5 = 17/20
    Average is 17.4

The winner is Rainbowgym!!

Congrats!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2013
  2. Matijs

Matijs New Member

The fact that both decks look alike makes it harder to grade but here's my try on it!

Eonic:
    I like the fact that you focus on Leafeon, it's energy acceleration is quite good in this format. But it only has 90 HP and does only 40 damage.. That seems not enough for me. Therefore you play Roserade, but only a 2-2 line, I don't think that's enough. A 4-4 line of Roserade is a must in this deck, Leafeon can energy accelerate Roserade quite easily to make it a killing machine. I like the fact that you use Giratina, but I guess I would add a 3rd one. The other techs are nice as well, I love the addition of the 2 Espeons and Umbreon:) And not to forget Druddigon, Raticate and Mismagius for late game!
    The supporter engine is good, except that you don't use 4 Roseanne's, that's a must. It makes the setup so much better and you can keep abusing energies with Leafeon if you have enough Roseanne's. The ball engine is obvious. But Hypnotoxic Laser is a waste in here, you already have Roserade, I'd rather play 2 Switch in here. You have quite a few Pokémon with at least 2 retreat, what's better to switch them and start healing them with Leafeon and move the energies away with Mismagius?
    Overal, I like the deck but could've been worked out better.
    Deck: 8/10
    Creativity:4/5
    Card use: 4/5
    Total: 16/20

Rainbowgym:
    It looks the same as Eonic's deck but it's quite different. You mainly focus on the special conditions from Roserade combined with Giratina and Druddigon. This list can have a Roserade power every turn, with the energy moved with Mismagius to your Giratina or Druddigon. It's very solid. The only thing that I would change is 4-4 Roserade and 3-3 Mismagius (instead of the other way around). Because you really wanna have Roserade running T2, while it's not a big issue if Mismagius is 1 turn later. I like the fact that you play 3 Druddigon, since it can be extremely annoying.
    The Supporter line is very good, I love the 4 Roseanne's, it makes sure you'll have a decent setup and it combines good with Roserade. The 2 Felicity are good but I would rather play 2 extra Juniper instead. The ball engine is obvious. And the 2 Switch are very good, a must in this deck.
    Energy line is good, since you mainly focus on moving the energies with Mismagius. But you have the grass energies to have more options to attack with Roserade. Great deck!
    Deck: 9/10
    Creativity: 4/5
    Card use: 5/5
    Total: 18/20

3. Vegeta ss4

My scores have been calculated, I will give reasoning as to why the scores are the way they are once the guest judge scores the matchup. I am sure everyone will like his scoring, hopefully he will not be too busy to score the matchup. So as of now, the match is still obviously NOT official, perhaps more people come up with some different vocal points of scoring, I hope more people do score the matchup.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
  4. Hatter™

Hatter™ Active Member

I will get into why I did what I did tomorrow before I get told I am wrong... but

Eonic: 18/20
    Rainbow: 16/20

5. cabd

cabd New Member

Rainbowgym did a better job. Period. It's nothing personal against either player.

6. Vegeta ss4

Cabd, do you have a score in mind?

Thanks for the input so far, keep it coming guys.

7. cabd

cabd New Member

Rainbow gym 18
    Eonic 16

I'll bother categorizing it when I have a computer in front of me.

8. Vegeta ss4

Thank you for the score. Keep the viewers opinions coming, almost official, still waiting on guest judge.

9. PMysterious

PMysterious New Member

Honestly, I find Eonic's deck to be more original while Rainbowgym's deck is more consistent and has a focus.

Eonic
    Deck: 8/10
    Creativity: 5/5
    Card Use: 4/5
    Overall: 17/20

Rainbowgym
    Deck: 9/10
    Creativity: 4/5
    Card Use: 5/5
    Overall: 18/20

This is just my opinion. Now it makes me want to do this challenge so much. :)

Good job to both of you.

10. Vegeta ss4

Thanks for your input, still waiting on guest judge. Keep them coming!

11. Matijs

Matijs New Member

Congratulations Rainbowgym!

12. Eonic

Eonic New Member

I enjoyed playing against you in finals Rainbowgym, congratulations. :thumb:

13. Normal guy

Normal guy New Member

Good Job to you Rainbowgym
    :clap: :clap: :clap:

14. Vegeta ss4

I will be PMing all of the top 8 about prizes from the Pokegym.

I will personally PM the Top 3 with my personal prize information.

15. Rainbowgym

Rainbowgym Active Member

When is the next contest?

I really love to participate in this kind of competitions.

16. Vegeta ss4

I will make a new thread in a few days to establish a date and possible changes people would like to see and such.

17. King Piplup

King Piplup Active Member

Just wondering if you'd sent these PM's, since I'd seen you were on and have been having trouble with my PM box.

18. Vegeta ss4

I will be tonight.