Iron Chef top 16 scores!! official

Discussion in 'Deck Contests' started by Vegeta ss4, Feb 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vegeta ss4

Vegeta ss4 Iron Chef Leader

As you seen in the title, this is still unofficial. Except now I changed my mind, there is now only 1 unofficial matchup. Take a look down and you will see. All hands please voice your opinions on the matter. I am also listening to other complaints or notices. If you see something with a list that is not right, let me know. I am human and I may have made a mistake and did not see it, so please let me know if there is anything that you notice.

Rambo vs Hatter

Winner is Hatter

hampuse vs sKizor

Winner is sKizor

Eonic vs Pokemonrocks777

Winner is Eonic

vaporeon vs Ace-

Winner is Vaporeon

Rainbowgym vs PMysterious

Winner is Rainbowgym

Goldedda vs KingPiplup
    Winner is KingPiplup

Time for Pain vs cabd

Winner is Time for Pain

SuperE vs Matijs

Winner is Matijs

SO that is that, please again, let me know how you think the round went. Also, please give your opinions on the above unofficial matchup, we have 1 more day to figure this out and such. I am currently trying to come up with the next rounds challenge, truthfully I have no idea what it will be.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  2. Rambo

Rambo Active Member

Sorry I had no time to enter this tournament, although I doubt I'd ever be able to compete with Hatter's deck, even if I did I would have given my place to him for such a creative deck aha.

3. Ace-

Ace- New Member

did you get my corrected iron chef deck list? The list you posted was my first list. ( i had to correct the list because i used rares. IIRC multi and DREs are rares.) in my 2nd list i changed some energies.

EDIT: I personally think Time for pain´s deck isnt more creative than cabd´s. Muk and Blissey are somewhat creative hitters but Exeggutor and Night Teleporter is a combo which was quite obvious in this challenge.

EDIT 2: I think you should check some lists again. Some of them used rares or cards from DV.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  4. Rainbowgym

Rainbowgym Active Member

Explain me how I will NOT get that coin flip, you made that silly rule about treating them however you want.
    This deck was not made to be used without your coinflip ruling EVER.
    Magikarp is in there BECAUSE you made that ruling and I got the impression you wanted us to do something with it.

I asked you if you wanted us to create a winning deck and I might be wrong but your answer sounded to me as if you wanted something creative, using the head/tails thing.
    For me this sounds as you giving us options to work with and later on you judge us negative if we really use them.
    Very contradicting for me as non-native English speaker.

5. badganondorf

badganondorf New Member

I have been following this particular round and can sincerely say that the flip ruling was pretty brainless, because according to the discussion you shouldn't rely on it "too much". Well, how can a contestant know what's too much? It would have been a lot better round without the "twist". My favorite's are Hatter's and Matijs' deck (obviously).

6. Vegeta ss4

My rules were clear as day, if someone takes what I wrote out of context, then that is on them. Most people who submitted their entries didn't rely on a flip. You can say I put a flip card in this deck, but I wasn't making it my intention to get the flip I want is STILL using the flip. Your score, rainbow, was NOT reflected by any of the coin usage. That's the score you got because that's what your list deserved.

7. baby mario

baby mario Front Page Article Editor<br><a href="http://pokeg

Time for Pain's deck seems as much, if not more, reliant on flips than cabd's (Flippy attack plus Teleporter combo).

I wouldn't give either the edge in terms of originality, but cabd's spread strategy is the more solid and consistent of the two (if we take away the flip factor).

8. vaporeon

vaporeon Moderator

Ouch. My score looks painfully low compared to the other decks posted and my deck's strategy is less meta then most. My deck is the same as Rainbowgym's deck except he did not use Vaporeon, which pretty much does what Blessey does without the coin flip. I may have to question that.

9. Vegeta ss4

Rainbowgym's was just vastly more efficent. That's why there is a difference in your score compared to her score.

I apologise for the twist, using it wouldbt of deducted a thing, overusing it would have. Eggs with energy is a prime example of overusing flips. Or even Gardy ko with a flip. I really did not thing of the language barrier which could affect the meaning of a challenge.

10. Rambo

Rambo Active Member

Some of the decks did use rares, so I'd recommend checking through them all more thoroughly, I'd rather not get someone DQ'd directly like I did last round if I'm honest.

11. Ace-

Ace- New Member

maybe you skipped my post...

Did you get my corrected list? there arent many changes except i had to change my energies (because 2 of them were rares)

Also i think you should probably check all list again if some banned cards were used.

edit: unfortunately some sites are wrong about the rarity. multi was a rare in sandstorm, dre was a rare in TATM. Thats why i had to correct my list

12. vaporeon

vaporeon Moderator

I was thinking of the wrong blissey.

13. Vegeta ss4

I will double check all the cards to make sure they are not all rates, this may take some time.

14. cabd

cabd New Member

THREE Exeggutor LA entires? Really? Wow....

15. Time for Pain

Time for Pain <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

I would like to say, my deck is only really a flip for night teleporter, NOT for egg. His second attack can be used in a pinch but I would rather be attacking with Muk (to screw people up so they can't set-up) or Blissey (hits hard and has energy accel) Even if I don't get the night teleporter flip, I still can drop most of my hand to make egg's first attack worth it.

16. Vegeta ss4

What is the most true site for checking rarity of older sets. I've seen some contradictions.

17. cabd

cabd New Member

Use pokemon.com. It doesn't get any more official than that. Or use pkmncards.com and view the SCANS and not the text.

18. Vegeta ss4

Upon some review, some cards WERE rare and then reintroduced as uncommons. If the card was ever an uncommon then in my eyes, its legal. It also awesome you truly looked into past sets and dug for the best answer. Good job.

Ace- the list I posted of yours is the corrected version you sent me.

19. Arks Arcanum

Arks Arcanum New Member

On the TfP vs cadb matchup:

A huge issue I have with cadb's deck is how inefficient his attacker choices are. Why not just Minun (DEX)? The only benefit of Trapinch and Vibrava is if you expect to abuse flips to deplete energy.

Another thing that is not getting enough credit in TfP's deck is the use of Chansey/Blissey and the actual thought behind it. Chansey is one of the few high hit point basics legal in this format. This is incredibly important with the expected spamming of Crobat G. Also, Blissey is (I think) 1 of two cards in this format that can get special (non metal) energy back from the discard. Again with the paramaters given this choice was brilliant.

TfP def gets this one IMO. Both great entries though!

20. Rainbowgym

Rainbowgym Active Member

I always use Pokepedia database and check the real images on Pokemon Paradijs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.