2 Pokeager 3.0
2 Switch

Energy (13):

4 Darkness (sp)
3 Psychic
3 Darkness
2 Rainbow
1 Double Colorless

The general strategy of this deck is simple: spread, spread, spread. However, the challenge is in deciding which attacker to start off with in any given game - Swoobat or Tyranitar? This is decided mostly on in-game context: if a Tyranitar Darkness Howl would risk wiping out too many of your benched Pokemon, whip out those Phat sounds and bust a move; or if need some guaranteed damage and can risk some self-damage, then go with the Tyranitar. (Bench damage can even work in your long-term favor, since a quick KO on yourself can keep Twins triggered for a long time!)

Our coup de grace attackers are DCL and Jirachi, which both serve to further manipulate the spread, and - most importantly - arrive us to our goal of scoring multiple simultaneous KO's as soon as possible. (As a side note, this is my third of four lists using Jirachi. Since each list has had a necessary purpose behind running it, I hope this isn't held against me for creativity - especially since this deck demands Time Hollow more than any other in the game.)

Against the current metagame, this deck should be able to score multiple KO's (the point of the challenge) faster than any other in the format. Feraligatr comes close, but whereas it's better at doing raw damage than Tyranitar, its nowhere near as effective at actual knock-outs.

Regarding actual metagame threats, Jirachi and DCL make great efforts toward negating the adverse effects of heal:

*Jirachi devolution in general messes with math, dampens the effectiveness of SSU/Seeker/Max Potion, etc
*DCL lends you a means by which to pull off insane plays against anti-spread hate cards like Reuniclus and Serperior. Tired of having your spread damage bounced around? Just bounce it back! Frustrated with being unable to spread in the first place? Moon Invite two hard attacks' worth of damage onto Serperior to get rid of it for good!

Well that's that! I hope you enjoy the entry: it was entertaining to make, and the multiple KO achievement was a surprisingly fast process. Victini not being legal yet makes this a slightly weaker deck in reality, but even now, I see it doing some neat things.

What another great deck by the Iron Chef Master himself. I really like this deck in all ways with the exception of creativity. I think there are some better ways to go about creativity with this challenge. Your creativity score will be an average based on Swoobat, that is a slightly creative card. Only downside is I dont like the flippyness of it, but the upside is based on numbers, every other time you will be getting atleast 20 damage on all of your opponents pokemon which is very nice. I just feel it isn't needed in this deck. I think speeding up the Ttar's would have been the way to go with a starter of Spiritomb to start early spread could have been nice. Or a Smeargle to help set you up quicker. All in all, this is a list that shows PURE consistancy, and card use is top notch. What is also great about this deck is that it is a reliable deck, this thing could win tournaments in the right hands. DCL is SOOO clutch in this list, big fan!
Your score is as follows- 9/10 3/5 5/5=17

untitled

NO ENTRY!!!

WINNER-Cyrus

Hatter vs DragonClyne725
Board Control

Hatter
3 Meowth [HGSS]
3 Persian [HGSS]
4 Sneasel [UD]
4 Weavile [UD]
2 Slowpoke [UD]
2 Slowking [HGSS]
1 Smoochum [HGSS]

6 Basic Darkness
4 Sp. Darkness

4 Pokemon Collector
4 Team Rocket's Trickery
4 Cheren
4 Super Scoop Up
3 Seeker
3 Pokemon Communication
3 Pokemon Catcher
2 Great Ball
2 Lost Remover
2 Switch

Ursaring [Prime], Lost World, Mew/Vileplume,
Victreebel.. they are all types of Board Control.

I am here to show you a new one you can count on now.
This deck also has hand control, because, unless you are
playing Vileplume... I feel that to secure Board Control...
you first need to secure hand control. Weavile [UD] and
Persian [HGSS] help you get this. Once your opponent's hand
is nothing and you are controlling their draw via Slowking [HGSS]...
you simply bring up Weavile [UD] and snipe the board to death while making
sure your opponent draws nothing good. I went with Lost Remover
over Crushing Hammer because I wanted a 100% way of getting rid of
Special Energies rather than a <100% way of getting rid of any energy.
If they happen to draw a Basic Energy I can simply Pokemon Catcher up
a Pokemon that does not have an energy... and then you can continue to
Snipe the Pokemon that has the energy attached... ensuring they will not
be able to attack you.

I know this isn't the fanciest deck in the world, but it should do the job required
for this round.

Thank you for your time,
Hatter
This is a great deck, but imo more geared for a hand control deck. So there will be an obvious deduction, sorry mate. This is a solid list, fairly creative with a good use of Pokemon Catcher/Lost Remover, I like those combinations a lot. I just wish your challenge was hand control because this deck would flourish.
Your score is as follows- 8/10 4/5 4/5=16

DragonClyne725
4 Mew
2 Muk
2 Jumpluff
1 Crobat
3-1-3 Vileplume
2-2 Darkrai & Cresselia Legend
1 Jirachi
1 Cleffa

3 Collector
4 Twins
4 Sage
2 Cheren
1 Copycat

3 Communication
3 Candy

1 Indigo Plateau

4 Rainbow
9 Psychic
2 Grass
2 Rescue

Before I begin to explain how the deck works, I would like to say that "Board Control" can be taken in many ways. This deck uses sniping, spreading damage, and trainer-lock to gain control of the board.

I thought a Mew deck would best fit "Board Control" due to its ability to use so many different pokemon's attacks. I included DCL in the deck list for its 150 hp (180 with Indigo Plateau), and also for its spread ability. After Zekrom uses Bolt Strike it leaves 40 damage on itself, which can be utilized to KO the low hp basics it runs (Pachirisu and Shaymin). Reshiphlosion also damages itself with Typhlosion's After Burner, which DCL can take advantage of.

The basic strategy is to lost zone either Muk or Crobat T1 with See Off, then disrupt with Muk's Sludge Drag by dragging something up with a high retreat cost or something uncharged (which adds damage to the field because of the Poison/Confuse), or use Crobat to snipe or quadruple poison their active to add damage to their field. Jumpluff is in the deck to increase your damage output against the active. Mew is also able to use Jumpluff to hit Gothitelle for weakness, or Mew can drag Reuniclus active via Muk and snipe around it.

Vileplume is included to lock opponent's trainers, but it can also be a pretty handy and unexpected back-up attacker. Locking trainers stalls the opponent and allows the deck to get Mew set-up and snipe/spread for a while.

When there's a lot of damage on your opponent's side of the field, use a twins to get out DCL, attach psychic energy and move damage around to get a few KO's.

This is something I was not expecting for board control. I really like it, very effective in the challenge. You control the board very well and have the ability to attack with Vileplume which is sort of unique. A few things I wish to have seen in this list. I don't think a 3-1-3 line of Vileplume is needed, a 2/2/2 line would have sufficed imo. That would have added more room for another Pokemon Collector. Another card I think would have been good in this deck is a relicanth. For some reason I feel based on your list it would make things run a little smoother. Also, Pokemon communication could have dropped to 2 and added a revive or a Poke Gear. Other than that, verfy solid build my man.
Your score is as follow- 7/10 4/5 5/5=16

Based on comprehension on challenge, both players went seperate directions in terms of board control. I think the person that closest to the challenge and the winner is...
DragonClyne725

conical vs Sceptile King
Stall Deck

conical
NO ENTRY

Sceptile King
Pokemon: 20
2 Zekrom
4-3 Beartic (2 Sheer Cold/1 icy wind)
1-1 Blissey Prime
1-1 Dodrio (Retreat Aid)
2-1-2 Vileplume

Energy:15
9 water
3 DBL Colorless
3 Lighting

T/S/S: 25
1 Indigo Plateau
1 Fisherman
2 Collector
2 FSL
2 Copycat
2 Seeker
3 PONT
4 Twins
1 Alph Lithograph

TM
2 Pokemon Catcher
2 Rare Candy
3 Communication

The Main Strategy is to Use Zekrom as a wall to stall so that you can set up mainly Vileplume and Beartic. Beartic is used as the main attacker and the idea is to stall while using Sheer Cold and Vilplume's Poke-Body to prevent trainers from being used In order to do that you must let your opponent get ahead in prizes by at least one or two prize cards.
This deck is ran on twins engine. i will go in deeper about individual cards into why i included them into my build.

Blissey Prime Line: I took this idea from Ross's Deck " The Truth". Basically set up this Pokemon line while Vilplume is out to prevent Catcher bait. once that is done use it to heal your Pokemon to keep them alive longer

Dodrio line: To assist in lowering the retreat cost in My main attacker. On top of that retreating a damage attacker for a fresh one will help out the stall tactic .This Pokemon Line is also suppose to be set up while Vilplume is out to prevent Catcher bait.

Raikou & Suicune Legend: I modify the idea of Ross's deck from Suicune & Entie Legend. This Card Is mainly used for its first attack, "Thunderbolt Spear" to OHKO most things in format. Aura Gain is a nice little attack to use as a recovery after Thunderbolt Spear. In addition to that I can use Aura Gain to stall until it is knocked out to promote Twins once again.

Indigo Plateau: simple use it as a buffer to R&S legend.

Alph Lithograph: Sometimes Looking at your prize cards can be extremely helpful so that's the main reason i include this card. Also this card is ideal to use before trainer lock comes into play.

Indigo Plateau: Beefs up Raikou & Suicun Legends HP. Helps keeps it alive another turn.

Pokemon Catcher: Ideal use is to use this to bring up heavy re-treaters early in order to stall out the opponent a little longer. Ideal use is before trainer lock

Beartic: I used both for the reason is sometimes putting the defending Pokemon asleep with Icy Wind (Beartic #31) can hinder the opponent for multiple turns if they flip tails, and free retreat with Dodrio.
Beartic #30 is the real staller preventing pokemon to attack for turns on end can really help with the use of Sheer Cold. Why not 3 #30 Beartics?
Because i find being able to attack and cause sleep helpful with only the cost of 1. Why not 4 Beartics instead of 3? Simple, it gets too clunky, it slows down the deck.

Very decent entry man, good stall deck. Not creative by any means but that's all right. Sometimes creativity is not good when card use can be made better. I like the approach of the deck, but some things I noticed that make this deck a tad inconsistant. You need 4 Pokemon Collector, it is a must for any stall deck imo. The goal of a stall deck is to get an early lead and hold it based on time. With your trainer/supporter selection I think you will be behind in prizes which isn't a good thing. I believe Twins is "almost" useless in this deck, I mean it is a very handy card if you do get behind, but you should never get behind. Good poke line, very consistant on that front. Overall it was a good entry:)
Your score is as follows 7/10 3/5 5/5=15

WINNER- Sceptile King

Magnechu vs L the Great
4 corners

Magnechu
//NAME: Untitled Deck
1 PokéGear
1 Switch
2 Lost Remover
3 Junk Arm
3 Pokemon Catcher
4 Pokémon Communication
2 Cheren
4 Professor Juniper
4 Professor Oak's New Theory
4 Pokémon Collector
// Energy
1 Rescue Energy
7 Psychic Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy
// Pokemon
1 Cleffa HS
1 Bellsprout TM
2 Yanmega (Prime)
2 Yanma TM
2 Zoroark BW
2 Zorua BW
3 Lucario UL
2 Riolu CL
1 Relicanth CL
4 Mew (Prime)

Four Corners...one of my favorite old decks. My first instinct was to go back to my man Lanturn, like it was back in the day, but alas, Lanturn sucks (I don't care what Yamato says).

I'm not sure if this is much better, but I do really like the concept.

The Four Corners:
1) Mew- Takes care of Gothitelle handily. Is a great, cheap, easy attacker to use since it is Basic vs a handful of decks.
2) Lucario- A "big" hitter and goes along with the Lost Zoning of Mew. A Fighting type is good to have in this format, with Zekrom and Magnezone being big contenders as well.
3) Zoroark- Hits Reshiram and Zekrom hard. Good in random situations.
4) Yanmega- With all the reliance on DCE, it's still nice to have the bug around to attack for free if you need to buy a turn of Energy drops/wiff the DCE.

Relicanth is there to provide draw in the early game, while still getting guys in the Lost Zone for Lucario/Mew to abuse. Not your ideal thing to go to, but certainly can be help in some games.

Bellsprout provides an out against Vileplume decks, being able to drag up it or Reuinclus. It's a nasty tech that can really mess up opponents. If you're really bold, you can Lost Zone and then all your Mews can abuse it. I feel like it's better than Muk in here, as since you're not playing Vileplume, status conditions are weaker, and having the versatility to play it down as a Basic and lure something up is great.

Energy is pretty self-explanatory I think.

Trainers are self-explanatory too, except maybe for Lost Remover. This deck looks like it would have a weak Zekrom matchup, and Lost Remober provides a lot of coverage in dealing with them and slowing them down, giving you ample time to get your things going and being able to combat it as the game gets into the middle and later phases.

Goth, Truth, Yanmega/Magnezone, Typhlosion, Zekrom, Emboar, and more are pretty much all covered by these guys and this deck has outs vs all them. Four Corners accomplished (I hope!)

Great entry, I like this list a lot. There aren't many negative things to say about this deck. I like the Lost remover, very clutch and helpful for the 4 corners deck and against the metagame. It is the IDEAL 4 Corners deck with great syneregy through and through. Very solid list, creative, and excellent card use. This is a list that can do well in tournies given the proper hands. The only thing Iw ould of liked to see were a few more options of cards to be sent in the Lost Zone. Cinccinco, Muk, Jumpluff, etc. Maybe 1-2 more Relicanth to abuse draw power. Overall a very good entry.
Your score is as follows- 9/10 4/5 5/5=18

L the Great
Pokemon 18
1 Cleffa
1 Tyred face powder
2 Tornadus
2-2 Lanturn
2-2 Zoroark
3-3 Electrode

T/S/S 28
4 Collector
4 Poke Comm
4 Juniper
3 Pokemon Catcher
3 PONT
2 Twins
3 Junk Arm
3 Plus Power
2 Pokegear

Energy 14
4 DCE
10 Lightning

The goal is to "Energymite" and setup via Twins to hit for a lot of damage. Tornadus is a good starter as you can deal 80 T2 and set up a back up attacker. Lanturn covers Donphan, Reshiram, and Yanmega with ease and if you can stall it can hit for major damage and 1 shot almost anything else. Zoroark is for the Dragons and any other Pokemon with awesome attacks.

Decent entry man, it's not "exactly" 4 corners because your are using 3 Attacking Poke's instead of 4, but you are using a 4th for help so I will let it slide. Your list is CRAZY consistant, very creative. I LOVE the energy count on this and the abuse of Plus Power. Now while I say your list is crazy consistant, it does lack something. Rehabilitation, if you lose any of your poke line's the deck is basically done. Revive, Flower Shop Lady, anything to bring something back and you have nothing:(
Your score is as follows- 8/10 5/5 5/5-18

It's a tie, and just like I have done with the others, I will go by who was closest to the challenge, and I believe the closest to the challenge and the winner is...
Magnechu

Articjedi vs Redwater
Tank deck

Articjedi
3 oshawott bw promo 8
2 dewott 29
3 samurott 32
1 cleffa
2 solosis
1 duosion
2 reuniclus
2 phanpy call of legends
2 donphan prime

18 pokemon

4 pokemon collector
4 pokemon communication
3 professor juniper
3 rare candy
1 switch
3 junk arm
4 max potion
4 professor oak's new theory
2 pokemon catcher
2 twins

30 trainers

4 water
4 rainbow
4 dce

12 energy

The traditional tank deck is to run some type of metal pokemon with a pile of healing. The problem with this concept in the current metagame is the prevalence of fire based decks in the form of typhlosion and emboar variants. Samurott and donphan both have defensive abilities, so they got the nod. They also help support each other by having donphan cover weakness.

Basically the point of the deck is to tank the pokemon by dropping the ideal attacker for each matchup according to weakness and use reuniclus to heal accordingly. The rest of the deck is built to ensure continuous usage of max potion to heal pokemon and prevent your opponent from taking prizes. Unlike most tank concepts this one will allow your opponent to take the first prize to enable twins.

Samurott is for typhlosion and reshiboar, donphan for everything else.

Good entry, just not truly creative imo. The list is very impressive, consistant and fast for a tank.
Your score is as follows-9/10 3/5 4/5=16

Redwater

3-2-3 Gothithelle
3-1-2 Reuniclus
2 pichu
2-2 Electrode prime
1 zekrom
1 reshiram
22 Pokemon

3 twin
3 Pokemon Communication
3 Pokemon Collector
2 Pokemon Catcher
3 Sage's Training
3 Professor Juniper
3 Rare Candy
1 Tropical Beach
3 Max Potion
1 Seeker

25 Trainers

3 DCE
10 Psychic

13 Energy

the deck is a goth tank deck where you tank with goth and move damage to dragons and/or heal them with max potion
electrode to get them a prize and can used twin to get goth and reuniclue out as fast as u can to trainer lock them

Good entry, I like it. Just like Articjedi it isn't too creative, but you are using Trode Prime which makes this tank a VERY fast tank, kind of a scary thing really to see a train coming at you at 80 m.p.h. Good stuff, lol. I think it does lack some consistancy though, but the Pichu keeps the consistancy at an above average level, so no hit there. Your score is as follows- 9/10 4/5 4/5=17

WINNER- Redwater

chase4787 vs KingPiplup
Donk Deck

chase4787
NO ENTRY

KingPiplup
2 Mew Prime
3 Zekrom
4 Tornadus
3 Pachirisu
2 Shaymin
2 Tyrogue
19 Pokemon

4 Dual Ball
2 Energy Search
1 Energy Exchanger
1 Energy Switch
4 Professor Juniper
4 Junk Arm
4 Victory Medal
3 Pluspower
1 Pokemon Collector
1 Seeker
3 Pokemon Catcher
25 TSS

10 Lightning Energy
4 Double Colorless
2 Rainbow Energy
16 Energy

So, the goal is to get Turn 1 Attack, obviously. You start with either Tyrogue or Mew, either to attack with, or free retreat into a Tornadus/Pachirisu/Zekrom, all capable of killing most, if not all basics in format, with Pluspower. As for powering our basics, we have an overload of Pachirisu, to swarm with energy on the field, and they can act as a donk in of themselves. Shaymin is a searchable way to move this energy. Now, onto the specifics.
Mew is used to counter Gothitelle Decks, which you have a bad matchup against. This is where you would divert off of using an attack that draws a prize on turn 1, opting to set yourself up for Turn 2, and a much better game overall.
Energy Exchanger is used to get those DCE's out in short order, making Tornadus easier to power up Turn 1.
Energy Switch is an interesting tech used in the event you have a DCE on Tornadus, and a Pachi/way to get one, and a lightning energy. Now, we can move that one energy without using a bench space, setting us up for more Pachi drops.
Victory Medal is GREAT for searching out that one card we are missing for our setup, and even if its a 1/1 flip, we can get a card which could lead to getting something. Also, Junk arm-able.
1 Pokemon Collector Doesn't outdo the other Supporters to be worth running 4. One is run to be Victory Medal'd if necessary.
Seeker helps get the donk, and can pick up used Pachi/Shaymins.
Good entry, pretty consistant, fast and creative.
Your score is as follows- 8/10 4/5 5/5=17
WINNER- KingPiplup

PkB vs Machampion12
Stage 1 speed/high damage

PkB
NO ENTRY

Machampion12

Stage 1 speed/high damage
Pokemon: 16
4 pikachu HGSS Promo
4 Raichu Prime
4 Pachirisu
1 Cleffa
2 Zekrom
1 Shaymin

T/S/S: 32
2 Pokemon Collector
2 Fisherman
1 Burned Tower
2 Energy Search
2 Energy Retrieval
4 Sage’s Training
4 Junk Arm
2 Cheren
4 Super Scoop Up
3 Seeker
1 Flower Shop Lady
2 Poke Gear
2 Pokemon Catcher
1 Pluspower

Energy: 12
12 Lightning

I guess the decks strategy and goal would best be described as some sort hybrid between Zekrom and Reshiboar. The style of the deck is based off of getting multiple energies on an attacking pokemon (Raichu) as quickly as possible to deal high damage. The energy are placed on Raichu through the use of its PokePower Voltage Increase combined with Pachirisu's Self Generate PokePower. Unfortunately your attack also results in you discarding all of the energy attached to Raichu, so a flow of energy to your hand is necessary. There are numerous cards that can recover energy from the discard and even some from that get it from the deck. Zekrom is used in the deck to help conserve your energy while attacking instead of discarding them when attacking, to deal with things you can't one hit ko, and to potentially win on the first turn. The trainers and supporters are pretty much self explanatory.

Good Job man, it's no problem for the extension with your case. It is a great deck, could be fun to play in tournies or league. Pretty consistant, very creative and simple at the same time.
Your score is as follows-7/10 5/5 4/5=16

WINNER- Machampion12

goldedda vs WinkWinkNudgeNudge
Hand Control

goldedda
Pokemon 19
4-4 Weavile
2-2 Slowking
3-3 Houndoom UD non prime
1 cleffa

Trainers/Supporters/and co. 30
4 Pokemon Collector
4 Team Rockets Trickery
3 Judge
4 Proffessor j Juniper
4 Pokemon Communication
4 Super Scoop Up
4 Junk Arm
2 Pokegear
1 Pokemon Catcher

Energy 11
4 Special Dark
7 Basic Dark

Analysis: Well the Pokemon, when one thinks about hand disruption the first thing in mind comes weaviles Claw snag that can cripple ones hand. Another great Combination with weavile is Slowing which can often ensure ones Complete Hand lock, meaning the opponent has only useless cards in hand and will only draw useless cards. Another card i decided to run is Houdoom. Houndoom has a great 2nd attack which can slowly make your opponents hand small and cripple it. Why run it over cards like sharpedo/ambipom? Well sharpedo is flippy and unless one wants to hope to flip 2 heads houndoom does more damage and it can cripple your opponents hand. Ambipom also sounds nice by shuffling 2 of your opponnets cards back into the deck but the downside is one cannot future sight their deck. Therefore they have teh chance of "Top decking" a useful card and comeback from the game therefore ruining the concept of hand lock. Cleffa is a standard set up for this format and is a needed card in every deck.

Moving on to Supporters and Co.
One supporter that will shine for hand lock is yes TEAM ROCKETS TRICKERY. Usually team rockets trickery when compared to draw cards such as juniper and cheren seems worse but not in this deck. The purpose of this deck is Hand lock which is achieved by team rockets trickery. Combined with houndoom one can greatly affect the opponents hand as he has to discard 2 useful resources. Another thing noticeable is judge. Judge is very useful when u know that yur opponent has 3 great cards on top of their deck therefore u should and have to judge them. Also if ur able to draw a weavile off a judge and use claw snag it will have a drastic effect on your opponnent and may cripple them for the rest of the game. Another useful trainer + supporter is Seeker/SSU. Both provide ways of picking up weavile and keep abusing claw snag and eventually make your opponnets hand 0. the 1 pokemon catcher seres it purpose to be able to knock out basics of what will become draw engines such as vulpix, magnemit, ect.

The matchups current format

Reshiram/thyplosion
This deck has a build in engine (ninetales) therefore one should get rid of vulpix ASAP once that establish the deck relies on supporters discard those via claw snag and u should be able to lock them throughout the rest of the game and take the win

Yanmega/Magnezone
magnezone ughhh magnzone is possible your worst matchup get lucky and lock them ASAP with weavile and hope for the best ^_^

ZPS
very fast deck but if your able to k.o 1 zekrom, u can lock them using weavile/slowking combo and they will be drawing dead for the rest of the game

ROSS
a deck reliant on twins, u can discard useful supporters and cripple them completly only way you can win is via lock once they set up vileplume and reunicles u should start packing your backpack

overall this decks main purpose is to HAND LOCK your opponent and SNATCH away the game :D
Very good entry, I like the Houndoom. It hurts your opponent greatly, sadly it costs 2 dark energies which does make it a little slow. The list is UBER consistant, simple to play and stands a good chance of victory. The energy count is just right. I see in your description you included Seeker but your list does not show it. I think Seeker is a MUST in this deck, too crucial for the Weavile drops. But you have SSU with Junk arm so a potential of 8 flips which isn't bad. You are averaging 8 discards with Weavile which is decent.
Your score is as follows- 8/10 5/5 5/5=18

WinkWinkNudgeNudge
3 Aipom UL 43 (line reduced to 3 to make room for catcher, tail code to work with energy denial)
3 Ambipom TR 13 (Decimate early hand with astonish also when they have 3 cards on top deck they cant have, occasional spank for 60 the discard makes this attack less attractive)
4 Sneasel UD 68 (Beatup can be extremely unexpected doing 0-140 (with 2 special dark) very possible to take an unexpected prize)
4 Weavile UD 25 (Most frequent attacker slowly but surely taking out the bench or doing slightly more damage to active with special dark)
1 Cleffa HGSS 17 (The deck can find itself with a dead hand if second sight fails to uncover a shuffle draw cleffa can get things going again)
1 Tyrogue HGSS 33 (Baby killer, staller, energyless attacker particularly with Weavile requiring 2 energy to attack)
2 Slowking CL 32 (The heart and soul of the deck. It is all about controlling their top decks)
2 Slowpoke UD 66 (Terrible starter, but DCE and switch can get it back. If you do get stuck with it at least you can PARTY!)
1 Zoroark BW 71 (Dragon killer or occasionally grab the game winning catcher or energy)
1 Zorua BW 70 (Mostly for Zoroark but don’t forget DCE + heads can equal dead baby)
1 Jirachi UL 1 (Typhlosion, Vileplume, Magnezone, Goth
23 cards

4 Pokemon Collector HGSS 97 (How creative unusual and difficult to explain)
4 Pokemon Communication HGSS 98 (Ditto)
4 Seeker TR 88 (Recycle Weavile, if you can deny basics you can seeker/KO active FTW)
2 Dual Ball UL 72 (need turn one Sneasel and Slowpoke, also plays with communication)
2 Switch BW 104 (for slowpoke, sleepy babies, Ambipom to retain DCE)
2 Professor Juniper BW 101 (Deck needs draw)
2 Pokemon Catcher EP 95 (Get aggressive attackers to the bench, make them waste energy to retreat, combine with seeker)
4 Professor Oak's New Theory HGSS 101 (Deck needs draw)
24 cards

4 Special Darkness Energy CL 86
4 Basic Dark
4 Double Colorless Energy HGSS 103
1 Psychic Energy (Jirachi attach from discard)
13 Cards

In theory this deck seems quite amazing but it has a major flaw. That major flaw is Ampibom/Slowking. It can't work, at all. The purpose of the Slowking is to control what your opponent draws. By attacking with Ampibom, your just reshuffling their deck allowing for top decks.
Your score is as follows- 6/10 3/5 3/5=12

WINNER-goldedda

Rainbowgym vs Son_of_Apollo
Stall Deck

Rainbowgym
3-3 Beartic (NOT the sheer cold, the other one with 30 and Sleep attack)
4-4-4 Kingdra prime (Power puts damage counters)
2-2-2 Vileplume

4 Collector
4 Oaks New Theory
3 Elm’s Trainings Method
4 Cheren
1 Bianca
4 Communication
4 Rare Candy

12 Water

Believe it or not, I absolutly LOVE this deck. It is a a great stall deck imo. Kingdra basically ko's everything without an attack while you're locking trainers with Vileplume and preventing an attack from your opponent with Beartic. Really creative, really consistant, really fun, and really effiecent. Nothing flashy, just pure consistancy. I will say I wish this list had a few Pokemon Catcher because that is a solid stall card.
Your score is as follows- 9/10 5/5 5/5=19

Son of Apollo
NO ENTRY

WINNER- Rainbowgym

Gowk vs Darkwalker
Donk Deck

Gowk
4 Audino
4 Slugma
2 Shaymin

4 DCE
15 Fire

4 Switch
4 Juniper
4 Plus Power
4 Collector
4 Junk Arm
4 Communication
2 Burned Tower
3 Pokemon Catcher
2 Energy Switch

Strategy:

Screw the metagame, win before anything happens.

1. Audino does damage, Slugma gets energy one

Audino is flippy, but with around 4-5 energy turn 1, most basics will fold

Slugma discards the top, which means you need a lot of what you need (4 switch, 4 juniper, 4 pp, and 4 junk arm to get stuff out.)

2. There are 3 burned tower because you will be discarding a lot of your deck quickly, and you will be drawing for pluspower, so you will ditch energy. These energy can come back to your hand if you miss the useful DCE.

The DCE are there because when you are drawing your deck you are going to be able to search for whatever you want = DCE which gives the best card to damage output for energy.

3. “Sage are for late game, why use them?”

The Sage is one extra slugma a turn, why not use it?

4. “Energy Switch and Shaymin? WHY!”

Why not? Energy switch kills your hand, so you will be able to replenish it with junipers, and Shaymin is searchable. Both work to get the energy you need from your pokemon to Audino

5. “Switch? Noob”

Come on hater, take this thing on. My main attacker can only be maxed out at 4 slots, so you are going to mulligan a lot and probably never open with what you want. The awesome thing is that you can switch OR attach to get out of the active, since you will able to reattach energy using Slugma.

6. “Scrub”

lol, I am not a fan of your defense of the deck, it isn;t needed when the deck can work based on the list. To the list, I like it...its insanely quick and I believe you can get the donk with this t-1 without a doubt.
Your score is as follows- 10/10 5/5 5/5=20

Darkwalker
Pokemon (16)
2 Pachirisu
2 Shaymin
2 Luvdisc
2 Mew Prime
1 Absol Prime
1 Tornadus
1 Zekrom
1 Reshiram
1 Hitmontop
1 Bouffalant (BLW91)
1 Tyrogue
1 Zoroark (BLW)
Trainers (30)
4 Professor Juniper
3 Pokemon Collector
1 Seeker
4 Junk Arm
4 PlusPower
3 Dual Ball
2 PokeGear 3.0
2 Switch
2 Victory Medal
1 Energy Exchanger
1 Energy Search
1 Pokemon Catcher
1 Revive
1 Super Scoop Up
Energy (14)
4 Double Colorless
4 Rainbow
6 Lightning

Pachirisu and Shaymin are the core energy acceleration for the deck, much the same way they are used in ZPS. Pachi being able to attack for 50 is a nice added bonus. Even Shaymin's Energy Bloom can get a quick KO on any of the Pokemon out there that are weak to grass.
Tornadus and Zekrom are included in the deck simply because they fit so well. I included several other attackers to hit for weakness with lowest amount of energy used as possible.
Reshiram is the best basic Fire type. Outrage fueled by DCE and PlusPower allows for OHKO's against anything weak to Fire. Being able to Blue Flare on turn 2 with 2 Rainbow Energy is also an option if needed.
Hitmontop covers my Fighting type. Not only can he simply attack with a single Rainbow for as much as 60 damage on 3 flips, but if the Pachi/Shaymin combo hits you can also use Close Combat for 60 on turn 1 or simply use it on turn 2 with a DCE.
Tyrogue is a given in any Donk deck. 30 for free is simply too good to pass up.
Luvdisc covers my water type. With the huge amount of TyRam in today's format I found it necessary to include 2 of them to help with that particular matchup. The ability to OHKO Cyndiquil or Vulpix is huge, but Luvdisc can even 2HKO a Reshiram with a single PlusPower by turn 2!
Bouffalant is in here for Revenge KO's. If a turn 1 win isn't possible Bouffalant and a DCE can hit for a solid 90 damage on anything the opponent has set up to fight back with.
Absol/Mew/Zoroark. These three work together to cover a lot of the shortcomings that the deck as a whole may face. Gothitelle in particular is impossible to KO once it sets up without these cards. Absol has several uses here. It's a decent attacker to donk with, but it can also set up Mew for later in the game by dropping Pokemon into the Lost Zone for Mew. Eye of Disaster's 20 damage can also help set up easier KO's on several Pokemon without having to use PlusPowers. Zoroark is in here specifically to be placed in the Lost Zone by either Absol or Mew. Foul Play covers so much ground when used by Mew that it's not even funny. When set up, Mew plus a DCE can OHKO's most of the big hitters in the format that this deck would normally struggle to deal with. Gothitelle can be dealt with in a few different ways, but the easiest is 2 Rainbow on Mew with Zoroark in the Lost Zone. Other options are Tornadus and Absol which can both hit for over Gothitelle's 130 HP in a single attack with Mew.

Prof Juniper is the draw card of choice. Discard and draw 7 far outshines anything else we have for this type of deck. Max Junk Arm gives you access to any of the one-of trainers in the deck
One card I do think I should make a special note for is the Seeker. Typically, Seeker is used to reuse either Pachirisu's or Shaymin's coming into play Powers, but an added benefit for this particular deck is the ability to have your opponent pick up a benched Pokemon. Being "Benched Out" from Seeker adds to the ability for the deck to win on turn 1, as well as at opportune times later in a game.

That's about it. I hope you like my take on "Donk". Feedback would be appreciated, in the event that I am able to move on to the next round

Very effective, I have this actually built to an extent. It plays well against the metagame. I just wish you didn't have to face that amazing entry by Gowk.

WINNER- Gowk

cabd vs cardkeeper
Board Control

cabd
POKEMON: 15
Stage 2: 3
3 : Feraligatr (Prime), GS-108
Stage 1: 4
2 : Croconaw, CL-41
1 : Muk, UD-31
1 : Simisear, BW-22
Basic: 8
3 : Totodile, GS-86
1 : Ditto, TM-17
4 : Mew (Prime), TM-97

TRAINERS: 28
Trainers: 14
4 : Pokemon Communication, BW-99
2 : Max Potion, EP-94
3 : Pokemon Catcher, EP-95
2 : Rare Candy, UL-82
3 : Junk Arm, TM-87
Supporters: 14
3: Professor Oak’s New Theory, GS-101
2 : Seeker, TM-88
4 : Twins, TM-89
2 : Fisherman, GS-92
3 : Pokemon Collector, GS-97

ENERGY: 17
Special Energy: 4
4 : Rainbow Energy, GS-104
Basic Energy: 16
6 : Psychic Energy, BW-109
7 : Water Energy, BW-107

[/QUOTE=List]
Quite the weird list, no? Here’s the basic idea of the deck.

Step 1: Hurl Simisear
Step 2: Spread slowly while using twins to build up supplies for Feraligatr
Step 3: Use Seeker and ditto TM to limit their bench space to three ocne they’ve got their main bench-sitters set up.
Step 4: Once they’re crippled, use catcher and begin to sweep with Feraligatr. Save for Magnezone, very few things can OHKO him, so use max potion+fisherman to keep him healed and tanking. With the spread damage earlier, he should ohko most anything.

Against lock decks like gothitelle or ross.dek, we abandon the usual strategy, and go for something else instead:

Step 1: Hurl Simisear
Step 2:Spread damage to knock out both solosis at once, giving them twins but no reuniclus.
Step 3: Use the strategy like you would against a normal deck, but use Feraligatr to clean up against donphans. Also, use feraliagtr to 2HKO gothitelle, since it won’t be able to move damage counters off. Also, use Muk, if needed, to bring up any pesky surviving reuniclus parts.

To get into the actual options this deck affords me:

Ditto+Seeker is by no means my own invention, but it’s legit. Suddenly forcing a major metagame deck down to only three bench slots is HUGE for controlling the board. And in HS-EP, it’s even more brutal as we have no common method to recover discarded Pokémon that are not basics. Flower shop lady is the only viable option, and it’s usually the 63rd or so card in a list. And even if they can recover it, most decks will still be strained to re-build their bench. And since you seeker up your own ditto after playing it down, they know that unless they judge you, you’re liable to do it again next turn. This puts them in a state where they are forced to play with a reduced bench, while you can ignore the ditto and claim your fifth bench spot a turn before they can. This “resetting” of advantage can steal games. The combo is particularly nasty against ross decks and Reshiram variants. Forcing your opponent to get rid of one or two of their attackers or support Pokémon is painful. Being able to do it multiple times is pure evil.

Spreading with Simisear has been proven, through several battle road winning reports, to be a viable counter to decks that intentionally fall behind with twins. In addition, speading in the early game has amazing synergy with Feraligatr.

Cleaning with Feraligatr itself is a mostly new concept. Everyone focuses on pairing him with something, and yet nobody realizes that short of magnezone, badboar, and RDL (remember Yanmega does not apply weakness for Sonicboom), nothing in the format can OHKO him. When we mix max potion into the equation, and fisherman to combo with it, we can make an unkillable tank to take out the few Pokémon remaining after our ditto/seeker hits. Two simisear spreads is enough to leave your opponent sitting at 40 damage, making “Hydro Crunch” do 100 damage. 140 is enough to KO darn near anything in the format.

Well, that’s my entry. Think of this similar to primetime; you have an early game plan and a late game plan, and the skill of the deck is knowing when to shift strategies.

Good deck dude, I am starting to get pressed for time so response are going to be low.
Your score is as follows- 8/10 4/5 5/5=17

cardkeeper
Pokemon:

3 Gothita EP (#43)
2 Gothorita EP (#45)
3 Gothitelle EP
2 Oddish UD
1 Gloom UD
1 Bellosom UD
1 Vileplume UD
3 Solosis BW
2 Duoision BW
2 Reuniclus BW
2 Zekrom BW
1-1 Suicune & Entei LEGEND UL
2 Pichu HS
1 Cleffa HS

Trainer/Items, Supporters, and Stadiums

4 Twins
3 Pokemon Collector
3 PONT
1 Copycat
1 Flower Shop Lady
3 Rare Candy
3 Pokemon Communication
2 Pokemon Catcher
1 Tropical Beach

Energy

4 Psychic
4 Rainbow
3 Double Colorless
1 Fire

The point of the deck is to slowly but steadily gain board control. The deck plays very similarly to a classic Reuniclus/Gothitelle lock, trying to get an early Goth with 3+ Psychic energies and a Reuniclus on the bench. However, there are some edits that make the deck cover a lot more of its bases. First of all, Classic Gothitelle loses very easily to Ross-type decks that enforce Trainer Lock. While the deck locks the opponent, you still use Trainers, and can be damaged by Vileplume, however, this version runs VERY few Trainers, with the only addition to the normal 3 Candy/3 Comm. being 2 Catchers. You actually run a Vileplume of your own, but more on that later. You also run a 1-1 Suicune and Entei Legend. This card wins you so many matchups it's not even funny. It helps you against the mirror and Ross by being able to snipe the Reuniclus and even gives you a chance against Mew. It also is a natural damage sponge. The biggest difference, is the inclusion of Vileplume and Bellosom. I found that unlike Ross, Gothitelle has a much harder time finding a decent healer. Blissey Prime was too difficult to use multiple times, and can cause the discarding of precious energy. The same problem lied in Max Potion, which also fell flat to Trainer Lock. Serperior, while good, healed damage, even when you didn't want to, for example when you wanted to Zekrom Outrage. Bellosom is the perfect mix of both worlds. Her Hustle Step power lets you remove 1 damage from everything, just like Serperior, but only when you wish to do so. It only heals 10 from each turn compared to the 20 of Serpirior, but I find the trade very fair. Lastly, we include a single Vileplume, to ensure Trainer Lock. This deck can rely on attacks without Gothitelle, and because of the low Trainer count, can continue to lock the opponent with Vileplume, while being able to use other attackers besides Gothitelle like SEL.

Good entry, though I don't think it is true board control.
Your score is as follows- 8/10 4/5 4/5=16

WINNER-cabd

Shino Bug Master vs bullados
Tank Deck

Shino Bug Master
3-3 Blissey
4-3-3 Vileplume
1 Bellossom
3-2-2 Reuiniclus
2 Pichu
1 Cleffa
Pokemon = 27

4 DCE
4 Rainbow
2 Grass
1 Psychic
Energy = 11

1 Tropical Beach
3 Rare Candy
3 Communication
3 Seeker
4 Twins
4 PONT
1 Judge
3 Collector
T/S/S = 22

Look a little familiar? Ross's deck concept is the ONLY effective tanking. Trainer lock shuts down all other varietys while Reuincilus solves so many problems tank decks have had over the course of the game. Unlike Ross' deck, this is pure consistancy, not gimmicks. Blissey is the most effective Pokemon for pulling this off, having magic 130 HP and a healing power. Being able to use Bellossom and up to 6 Blissey powers during a game ensures that there will not be any way to flat out KO your Pokemon or to rack up damage for KOs.

Now Blissey is a great Pokemon, but this deck would appear to have 2 direct weaknesses. First, Blissey is very easily KO'd by Fighting Pokemon. the second is the usual drag strategy a lot of decks have against Vileplume varients, using Bellsprout or Mew Prime and Muk. These problems are both solved by Reui and Vileplume, as attackers. Donphan, the most popular fighting Pokemon, and any stage 1.basic played int he style of Donphan, cannot OHKO VIleplume. So Vileplume will always win that war. Machamp Prime could pose a threat, but will be easily KOable by Reuiniclus. The drag and Ko strategy will be particularly ineffective because they wont have a real target as long as you keep a Gloom and Vileplume with energy on the bench. One is easily retreatable, the other will be able to attack.

So the only reason the deck would fail to tank is from something without a damage cap, or RDL. Gigalith is the only fighting Pokemon without a real damage cap and gets beatdown by Plume, Gothitelle will be easily tanked through while it builds up energy and then KOable by Reu. Zone and Lanturn will be easily dismissed as they rely too heavily on energy on the field to be able to survive out a game, especially vs trainer lock. The deck runs a single Judge mostly for the answering of RDL, but also as a good midgame measure.

Overall, really not a lot would be able to break through this walling, and while its not as offesnively pleasing as Ross.dec, its more consistant and a little more defensive.
Nice approach on a good deck. The best offense is a good defense.
Your score is as follows-8/10 4/5 4/5=16

bullados
Pokemon (27):
4 Snivy BW06
3 Servine #3
4 Serperior #6
3 Solosis
2 Duosion
2 Reuniclus
3 Oddish
2 Gloom
2 Vileplume
1 Caterpie
1 Metapod

Trainers (24):
4 Collector
4 Candy
4 Communication
4 PONT
4 Twins
2 Black Belt
2 Tropical Beach

Energy (9):
3 Rescue
2 Grass
4 Rainbow

Solid build, is definitly a tank and hard to KO anything.
Your score is as follows- 8/10 3/5 4/5=15

WINNER- Shino Bug Master

BrightRush vs theunhipster
Stage 1 speed/High Damage

BrightRush
3 Lanturn (UL 86)
3 Chinchou (UL 48)
2 Electrode (TR 93)
3 Voltorb (TR 83)
3 Zekrom (BW 114)
2 Shaymin (UL 8)
2 Pachirisu (CL 18)
Pokemon: 18

4 Pokemon Collector (HGSS 97)
4 Pokemon Communication (HGSS 98)
3 Twins (TR 89)
4 Pokemon Catcher (EP 95)
2 Black Belt (TR 85)
3 Professor Oak's New Theory (HGSS 101)
2 Pokegear 3.0 (HGSS 96)
1 Flower Shop Lady (UD 74)
3 Professor Juniper (BW 101)
T/S/S: 26

12 Lightning Energy (HGSS 118)
4 Double Colorless Energy (HGSS 103)
Energy: 16

Deck: ZPS w/ Lanturn Electrode.

Two of my favorite underhype cards have to be Lanturn and Electrode. Lanturn has no maximum damage output and Electrode has synergy with Twins and Black Belt + amazing Energy Acceleration. ZPS the deck itself always run a lot of energy and is by far the fastest deck in format.
3-2 Line of Electrode to beat a voltorb getting KO'd by a Catcher Kill, 3-2-2 ZPS is just as consistent as a 4-2-2 line for ZPS. I have a 3-3 Lanturn since its the Late Game attacker and 1~2 Energymites will power them up in 1~2 turns :). Pachirisu and Shaymin also have amazing acceleration with Zekrom and Lanturn. For Example, after a bunch of Bolt Strikes early game I can celebration wind the energy to another zekrom or lanturn and then use a DCE to outrage for knock outs. Lastly, the deck can DONK, who doesn't like that :).

Trainers/Supporters:
4 Collector/4 Communication/3 Professor Oak/3 Professor Juniper/2 Gear - Basic Consistency Cards
3 Twins/2 Black Belt, Have amazing synergy with Electrode and get key knockouts on cards like Donphan and etc.
4 Pokemon Catcher to abuse the fact that I can attack early game and take key knockouts and hopefully prevent my opponent from setting up.
Lastly, 1 Flower Shop for all the discarding that happens with Juniper + Energymite. Its a good card in case I get unlucky with discarding key cards.
Note: Twins can search out for anything making the deck pretty consistent.

Energy Line: 12 Lightning 4 DCE
DCE powers up Lanturn in 2 turns and outrage in 1 turn. It is also my "free" Switch while having synergy with energy and electrode.
16 Energies will make the donk very possible to pull off and energymite netting me around 4~5 energies.

Matchups:

Reshiplosion: Very Favorable
-Zekrom will attack early game giving me key knockouts on Cyndaquils and Vulpix, Zekrom can also get knockouts on reshirams via black belt.
-Lanturn will give me key knockouts on Typlosions and stop their accelration, it also can kill reshirams.

This deck will outspeed reshi and with a turn 2 energymite I can twins for the cards I need for this matchup. Very Favorable

ZPS: Favorable
ZPS has a amazing early game but not an amazing late game. You have to take advantage that once you knock out 1~2 Zekroms. You can take advantage from there. The 3 zekrom are enough to return ko 3 Zekroms and then you have the Lanturns to over power their late game.
Another Favorable matchup.

Yanmega/Magnezone: Favorable
-Zekrom has a strong early game and with that you can get key knockouts on pokemon like Magnimites and yanma/yanmegas.
-Lanturn is very strong late game to get knockouts on even Magnezones late game w/ the help of black belts and without it as well
Speed will put me up by to many prizes.

Emboar Decks w/ Reshi or Magnezone: Favorable ~ Autowin
These decks are to slow to deal with early game ZPS and Lanturn can get 1hko on emboars with one catcher and compeltely shut off their energy acceleration. With Electrode they cant abuse their twins engine.

Ross aka The Truth: Autowin
-Shut off their twins engine w/ Electrode.
-Kill oddish/glooms via Zekrom Early Game
-Lanturn 1hko their "tanking Donphan" + ESL.

Not much Ross can do. Lanturn 1shots the entire deck and Zekrom early game prescene will cripple them. They also can't abuse twins.

Stage 1's: Favorable
Zekrom outspeeds stage 1's and Lanturn can ruin most of their late game. With the abuse of twins and electrode I dont see that many problems except for Donphan. For that matchup the black belt helps alot allowing your Zekroms and Lanturns to 1hko a 120 (140 hp) donphan :).

Conclusion:

Pretty much the same strategy for every deck. Early Game ZPS + Catcher hurts most decks. Electrode + Twins sets up lanturns and prevents my opponent from using twins . The only really threat is Fighting which I have Black Belt + Lanturn for. Pretty strong deck that covers its weakness along with its fast speed and high damage output.

Your score is as follows- 7/10 5/5 5/5=17
theunhipster
NO ENTRY

WINNER-BrightRush

GoldenSwablu vs ShadowGuard
4 Corners

GoldenSwablu
Decklist:
Pokemon (23):
2-2 Rayquaza & Deoxys LEGEND
2-2 Entei & Raikou LEGEND
2-2 Suicune & Entei LEGEND
3 Phanpy HS
3 Donphan Prime
2 Voltorb TM
2 Electrode Prime
1 Cleffa HS

T/S/S (21):
4 Pokemon Communication
4 Legend Box
3 Twins
1 Flower Shop Lady
1 Energy Retrieval
2 Junk Arm
2 Pokemon Catcher
3 Cheren
1 Copycat

Energy (16):
4 Rainbow Energy
5 Fire
4 Fighting
3 Lightning

Strategy:
Start off with one of your six basics; Phanpy and Cleffa are better starts than your Voltorb. You are likely to get a lone basic using this deck, but you have twelve LEGEND pieces and four Legend Boxes to try to get out a LEGEND before your lone basic dies. Use Electrode to Energymite energy on your pokemon and activate Twins when you need to. As an added bonus, your Rainbow Energy won't put damage counters on your pokemon when you Energymite them. Cleffa refreshes your hand throughout the game and serves as your free retreating basic. Twins, Legend Box and Pokemon Communication are for searching out cards like your LEGENDs. Cheren is your main drawpower. Lightning Energy is for using ERL's Thunder Fall and RDL's Ozone Buster. Fire Energy provides energy for SEL's Bursting Inferno, RDL's Ozone Buster and ERL's Detonation Spin. Fighting Energy only can be used for Donphan and colorless energy requirements.

Matchups

Vs. Gothitelle:
For this matchup, you should use set up two RDL and let them use Electrode to feed you prizes. If they don't give you prizes with Electrode, deny them Twins until you set up two 2 prize KOs and use Donphan to pick off everything with less than 90 HP with Catcher whenever you can (assuming you don't have another RDL set up). The matchup is your most difficult and the matchup could go either way.

Vs. ZPST
For this matchup try to set up Donphan to kill off Zekrom, ERL to Thunder Fall Pachirisu and Shaymin, and ERL can Detonation Spin Tornadus. If they don't donk you with a Turn 1 Zekrom, you can set up a Donphan to kill off their Zekrom. When they respond with Tornadus, use ERL to kill the Tornadus with Detonation Spin and their benched Pachirisu and Shaymin afterward with Thunder Fall. As long as they don't donk you, and you set up, the matchup is in your favor.

Vs. Reshiram Variants
In this matchup, you use set up SEL's Bursting Inferno and KO everything. Try to set up at least two SEL. Use Pokemon Catcher to drag up important support such as Emboar or Typhlosion(Leave Ninetales, and kill Reshiram with energy instead) and KO them. If their deck includes Magnezone, use Donphan's Earthquake to KO them. As long as you can set up, this matchup is easy.

Vs. Yanmega Variants/ Stage 1s
These decks rely on speed, but it only lets you use Twins early to set up you ERL to repeatedly Detonation Spin the Yanmega. Energy Retrieval and Flower Shop Lady will help you reuse Detonation Spin. Against Donphan, try to use SEL to KO it. Beartic is more tricky, but try to 2 KO it using SEL or ERL or use RDL to KO it. For Kingdra, set up an ERL and attack Kingdra with it. Your worst enemy is Beartic due to no Switch and high retreat, but the rest of the matchup is favorable.

Vs. Vileplume Lock (Ross, Mew/Mega/Muk/Pluff, Beatic, etc.)
Try to use as many trainers as you can to set up before the lock begins. Kill Oddish with Pokemon Catcher to try and prevent the lock. For Ross decks, use SEL's Torrent Blade (Use two rainbow) to snipe Reuniclus and Vileplume, or Catcher them before the lock. Against Mew, limit your bench to avoid Muk targets and to limit Jumpluff's power. Attack with SEL's Bursting Inferno on Mew to attack consistantly. Beartic causes problems, but RDL can kill them to trade prizes. Beatic is a headache, but Ross and Mew decks will fail if you can set up and kill their support.
I LOVE ITYour score is as follows- 8/10 5/5 5/5=18

ShadowGuard
3 Chinchou (UL)
3 Lanturn Prime (UL)
3 Yanma (TM)
3 Yanmega Prime (TM)
2 Riolu (UL)
2 Lucario (CL)
3 Mew Prime (TM)
1 Jirachi (UL)
1 Muk (UD)
1 Relicanth (CL)
~22

4 Pokémon Collector
4 Pokémon Communication
3 Professor Juniper
3 Professor Oak's New Theory
3 Sage's Training
3 Pokémon Catcher
1 Switch
3 Junk Arm
1 Revive
1 Energy Exchanger
~26

4 Psychic Energy
4 Lightning Energy
4 Double Colorless
~12

That's my four corners deck. I've combined the highly underrated Lanturn/Yanmega idea (Yamato played that at Worlds and it won several Battle Roads here in Germany) with Lost Zone based techs to deal with difficult matchups like Zekrom or Gothitelle. The goal is to OHKO any popular Pokémon in the metagame, but also beeing able to deal with other decks. Most of the Pokémon don't have a lot of staying power, but therefor are fast and flexible.

Now a description about the Pokémon and in which matchups you need them.

Lanturn:
This is a really great card in our metagame. For a lightning and a DCE it can OHKO Reshiram, Typhlosion, Donphan, Yanmega and many more Pokémon. Damage output can be increased by more energy in play, although it isn't able to take a lot of damage.

Yanmega:
Seeing play in many decks, Yanmega can be used to attack without energy, or to snipe to the bench, which can be helpful against trainer lock decks to hit Oddish or Solosis.

Lucario:
OK here is a less common Pokémon. With two Pokémon in the Lost Zone, which is easily archieveable with Relicanth and Mew, it is able to OHKO Zekrom, Magnezone and other Pokémon with just one DCE. It's also interesting against Lost Zone decks, cause they increase your damage output with every "prize" they take.

Mew:
This is your answer against Gothitelle and other trainer lock decks. You can See Off Lucario and need just one more Pokémon in the Lost Zone, then Mew will OHKO any Gothitelle. Muk can be used against Vileplume decks like The Truth. It either takes Vileplume or other high retreat Pokémon active.

Jirachi:
Another option that works very well against trainer lock decks, combined with Yanmega. Also helps against any kind of evolved Pokémon, and it even can take additional energy into play for Lanturn.

Relicanth:
Adds consitance if you don't get a fast start, and also adds Pokémon to the Lost Zone for Lucario and Mew. Unlike Cleffa, it can't be donked that easily. It needs energy to attack, but with half of the decks basics having free retreat, there's still a good chance to use it T1 if necessary.

Trainer line:

4 Collector + 4 Pokémon Communication
Obvious for reliable and fast Pokémon search.

3 Juniper + 3 PONT + 3 Sage
Hard draw and hand refresher engine to get many cards very quickly.

1 Switch
Save energy while retreating, also useful in other situations. Can be recovered with Junk Arm.

3 Catcher
Well it's overpowered so just play it. =) Also helps you to take the Pokémon active you want to OHKO with weakness.

3 Junk Arm
Retrieve any trainer card you need back.

1 Revive
Get basic Pokémon back that have been catchered, have an additional Mew or whatever you need it for.

1 Energy Exchanger
This deck requires fast access to DCE, so this works as a kind of joker energy (which already worked well in my last Nationals deck). Can also be taken back with Junk Arm.
GREAT JOB!!!

It is a tie and both did well with accomplishing the challenge, so I will go with creativity.
WINNER-GoldenSwablu

waynegg vs Ryuzaki Lawliet
Damage Spread

waynegg
4 Mew
3-3 Yanmega
2-1-2 Serperior
2 Absol
2 Crobat
2 T-tar
2 Jirachi
1 Unown (Dark)

4 Junk Arm
4 Pokemon Collector
3 Copycat
3 Pokemon Communication
3 Twins
2 Judge
2 Max Potion
2 Pokemon Catcher
2 Rare Candy

3 Psychic
3 Rainbow Energy
3 Rescue Energy
2 Dark (special)

While competing this season I've faced a variety of decks. One in particular inspired this build which consisted of Kingdra Prime, Absol Prime, and Yanmega Prime. It was a very solid deck which made top cut, but while facing it I couldn't help but think it could be a bit better if it had more synergy. Mew in the place of Kingdra really seemed to fill that bill.

Optimally, starting with Absol is your best choice. Normally I would run a 4 of for a starter, but Absol becomes a bit of a liability past the early game. With the free retreat you get from Mew and Yanma Absol can just be searched on T1 if it isn't in your opening hand and promoted without losing your energy attachment for the turn. His PokeBody makes for great early spread of 20 to each basic your opponent benches without even having to attack. 70+ possible on T1 is also formidable. I know my challenge wasn't to donk, but hey, if you can bring it to the table (ala Unown DARK) while still covering my challenge why not?

Absol has perfect synergy with Mew, which should work out to be your key attacker, in that while Absol is spreading and donking, it is also throwing Pokemon into the Lost Zone so that even a single Mew doesn't have to be wasted to the task. This way your Mew comes up swinging. All you have to do is target your opponent's highest cost retreater with Catcher (and every deck, aside from MewBox, has one of these whether Basic, Stage1, or Stage2), poison it with a LZ'd Crobat, and then spread with the LZ'd Tyranitar. Serperior steps in to keep all that spread off you while your opponent takes it in the face.

Yanmega comes in to do exactly what Yanmega does- snipe the weakened bench Pokes and finish off the maimed attackers. Jirachi comes in on the stage2 decks by dropping for a few energy via its PokePower and then attach for the turn to devolve kill a some of your opposition.

Since all the meta deck shave the same general, high retreat energy hog that will fall to the Catcher/Poison loop and the strategy works essentially the same for them all, I'm only going to break down the mirror.

Early Absol in the mirror is clutch. Hitting already low HP Pokemon for 20 just for the privilege of being on the bench is devastating. Your opponent is forced immediately into recover mode from the very start. They literally have the choice of set up and put everything they bench into immediate peril, all while simultaneously losing the early prize advantage. Otherwise they can choose to forgo the set-up, praying for a Catcher to knock the Absol to the bench, and equally praying they don't lose the wager as their lone Pokemon is Knocked Out. Once you get the early lead you just don't relent on the T-Tar spread and your opponent isn't able to recover.
Im impressed, no shock it was by you, good stuff.
Your score is as follows-8/10 5/5 5/5=18

Ryuzaki Lawliet
.::.14.::.

4 Laritar UL #51
2 Pupitar UL #38
4 Tyranitar Prime
2 Smeargle
2 Elekid

.::.36.::.

4 Pokémon Collector
4 Pokémon Communication
4 Rare Candy
4 Max Potion
4 Junk Arm
3 Twins
4 Sage's Training
3 Professor Juniper
2 PokéGear 3.0
2 Research Records
2 Pokémon Catcher

.::.10.::.

6 Basic [D]
4 Special [D]

The strategy here is to set up a T-Tar ASAP and to spread, and spread and spread...
Max Potion is really INCREDIBLE here. T-Tar uses only one energy so you're not wasting anything! It has a good position in the metagame IMHO because neither Zekrom or Reshiram (BDIFs) can OHKO it so if you can draw into a Max Potion you can win your game easily.

The only problem is Donphan but, actually, if you can keep your Max Potions going you have a good chance there because it can't OHKO you. (well it can with 3 nrgs.. lol).

vs Reuniclus decks (Beartic, Gothitelle, The Truth): They have a really hard time, they have to manage not to leave anything in a 20-HP-from-being-KO'd range, That's not easy if you ask me.

The other matchups are kinda obvious!!!

Let's move to tough card choices!

Elekid: early game sniping (and stalling if necessary). When it gets KO'd by Darkness Howl, you can start using your Twins to grab your Max Potions!

Smeargle: You don't really have to worry if you get a lone Juniper ot of your opponent's hand. This deck basically needs T-Tar, Energies and Max Potions to keep on going. Once you have them, you're done.
2 Supporters on first turn are awesome (especially if one of them is a Collector) and I liked Smeargle here, so...here it is!

Pokémon Catcher: Bring up someone heavy from your opponent's bench and take your time while spreading. Also useful if someone is 30HP from being KO'd and you have a Sp. D.

Aaaaaaaand, that's really it. Not too much more to say, actually. Hope you like it!
WOW, consistant!Your score is as follows-10/10 3/5 5/5=18

It is a tie and both went equal to the challenge. Creativity takes the cake for me.
WINNER- waynegg

ericknance vs sKizor
Hand Control

ericknance
PKMN (24)

4-4 Persian (HS)
3-3 Hypno (HS)
2 Slowpoke (UD)
2 Slowking (HS)
2-2 Weavile (UD)
1 Mr. Mime (CL)
1 Smeargle (CL)

TSS (25)

4 Pokemon Collector
4 Judge
3 Professor Juniper
3 Professor Oak's New Theory
3 Pokemon Communication
3 Great Ball
3 Switch
2 Pokegear 3.0

NRG (11)

4 Dark Energy (sp)
4 Psychic Energy
3 Dark Energy (b)

The concept to this deck was born of the fact that for many decks running Weavile and Ambipom (more popular hand control cards), Judge can sometimes lead to a dead end. Evolving to Weavile after playing a Judge is nice, but not usually easy to attain. Ambipom can hit hard, but the self-discarding is sometimes too much to overcome. As a result, I decided to go with a hand control deck that is both fun to play and takes a different angle at controlling an opponent's hand.

The strategy here is simple, yet effective. Persian discards your opponent's cards in hand after playing a Judge. 4 Judge and 2 Pokegear 3.0 help you get to an early Judge after setting up your Pokemon. Hypno is meant to stall an opponent while discarding cards from their hand and setting up a lock with Slowking. Meanwhile, it also helps Persian actually land 2HKO's on some Pokemon with higher HP. With regards to Ambipom/Weavile decks, if an opponent is able to setup some Pokemon, you generally lose the game. With Persian/Hypno you still have a chance if the opponent starts setting stuff up.

The Weavile remains here for the purpose of sniping, dealing with sleeping "baby" Pokemon, and still adding to the disruption. Outside of Judge, I run "heavy" Supporters to help gain an early setup. Great Ball/PKMN Comm. help pull out the Pokemon for a quick setup, and the Switch's are there for the purpose of countering early-game Pokemon Catchers.

Mr. Mime helps you gain an idea of what's in your opponent's hand and helps you make better decisions. I also run Smeargle here instead of Cleffa since it too can help you look at your opponent's hand.

Energy count is consistent for the purpose of attacking with Persian and occasionally with some of the psychic-type Pokemon.

Thanks!
Great entry
Your score is as follows-8/10 4/5 4/5=16

Skizor
Pokemon (21)
3 Gengar Prime
2 Haunter
4 Gastly
3 Ambipom TM
3 Aipom TM
2 Slowking
2 Slopoke
1 Mr. Mime
1 Cleffa
Trainer (27)
4 Sage's training
4 Judge
3 Collector
3 Rare Candy
3 Communication
3 Seeker
3 Team Rocket's Trickery
2 Catcher
2 Lost World
Energy (12)
3 DCE
9 Psychic

Strategy:
Start with either Aipom or cleffa and a slowpoke on the bench and play judge. then use imitate or eek to refresh your hand. t2 evolve to ambipom and slowking and attack with ambipoms's astonish starting the hand lock. while keeping the lock start building up gengar on the bench and attach 2-3 psychic enery so when needed you can swtich gengar active, seeker and hurl into darkness. using this strategy to control the opponents hand size it should be very easy to stay ahead in prizes. also lost world is used as an alternative win condition.
again, the ampibom/weavile thing doesn't do it for me.
Your score is as follows 7/10 3/5 3/5=13
WINNER- ericknance

This concludes the Top 32. If there are any complaints, or disagreements feel free to PM me, these can be subject to change. I am going to be gone this week because I will be out to sea. No challenge this week, expect the Top 16 challenge around Next Monday, not tomorrow. Thx guys, great entries. On a side note, very saddened by how many did NOT submit an entry. If you did submit an entry and you are scored as not having one, PM me. I may have missed it or something, you never know.

Fun round! Can't wait for the next! Being next to last had me sweating bullets as I scolled down the page, lol!

Hm...I tried slightly less than usual with this challenge because I figured untitled wouldn't submit. Looks like I was right. >>;;

Oh well... what are you gonna do... guess I just should've done MewPlume.

Congrats to my opponent. Good luck everyone the rest of the way. [:

Congratulations to everyone.

Just wanted to say that I think it's a shame that people doesn't send in their entry when they are this far in the tournament.

I can't believe I made it through, and with high points!

Which parts of my defense were not necessary?

Gowk

I have one of the highest scores and lose cuz I didn't have didn't have a 4th attacking pokemon.... no comment

With all due respect, it did ask for a four corners deck. Not a three corners deck. I believe your list was good but still inferior to the other entry as well, sorry.

Hm...I tried slightly less than usual with this challenge because I figured untitled wouldn't submit. Looks like I was right. >>;;
Ouch lol.

I'm sorry for not submitting, but with school starting again I just don't have time for this anymore. I didn't even realize I was in top 16 until about 5 days ago or I would have dropped and given my position to somebody else.

But Cyrus probably would have beat me anyway, so congrats to him - hopefully he advances far.

I have one of the highest scores and lose cuz I didn't have didn't have a 4th attacking pokemon.... no comment
There were others who lost with 18 points.
I got the same and lost to a deck that ran 3 Cheren and 1 Copycat as only draw sources but got the same score for consistancy as mine. I can't figure out how it can consistantly win against meta decks (or even T2 Vileplume?), that's why I asked if the decks have been tested.

However it's a contest run by one person. We can't expect a 'perfect' judgement with testing and everything since that would be far too much work. I'm ok with that, although I'd have preferred another pod phase (maybe even with one challenge) before single elimination.

My biggest issue is I built the deck I lost to (with the perfect 20/20). Not only is it not a Donk deck, it even struggled against the Precon decks played by the little kids at my league tonight. Actual metagame decks played by Masters completely demolished it. I'm sorry if I offend Gowk or Vegeta here, but there is so much wasted space in the list he sent in. It's also lacking any kind of recovery such as Revive and crucial cards to restructure the top of the deck like Pokedex and Research Records. Some way of using Shaymin again would be nice too, like Seeker. I'm really finding it hard to understand how that particular deck ended up with a 10/10 5/5 5/5. I know this probably sounds like sour grapes, but build and play it yourself. You'll and see what I mean.

I do like the basic concept for the deck, it's just missing important cards to actually work like it's supposed to.

Last edited:
Ouch lol.

I'm sorry for not submitting, but with school starting again I just don't have time for this anymore. I didn't even realize I was in top 16 until about 5 days ago or I would have dropped and given my position to somebody else.

But Cyrus probably would have beat me anyway, so congrats to him - hopefully he advances far.

It's nothing personal in the least - I just saw you didn't submit for round three, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back