Iron Chef Top 8 Scores!!!

Discussion in 'Deck Contests' started by Vegeta ss4, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Vegeta ss4

Vegeta ss4 Iron Chef Leader

WOW, this was THE toughest challenge so far to grade. Everyone had AMAZING entries, I truly wish I did not have to eliminate anyone in this round, but sadly I do. I think viewers will like the decks shown and see what "creativity" is all about.
    I know I did not actually get these scores out when I said I would, but I am sorry, I was involved in a big Poker Tournament for a few days so that's where my priorities were. Here are your scores!

Hatter vs Skizor - Tie the game

WINNER - Hatter

Eonic vs Vaporeon - Lose via benching
    WINNER - Eonic

Rainbowgym vs KingPiplup - Try to lose by opponent drawing all his prizes.

WINNER - Rainbowgym

Time for Pain vs Matijs - Try to lose the game via decking out

This challenge was really funny for me, how often do you make a deck which decks yourself out and prevents your opponent in doing so? I had a few options for this challenge (my other main option for this challenge was Gyarados*/Emboar/Amulet Coin) but in the end I use this energyless deck. Energies make a deck much more inconsistent when you just want to deck out (depends on how many you play of course) and I actually never made an energyless deck before so this was a great opportunity!

WINNER - Time for Pain

Once again, great decks folks. Like I said, everyone performed incredibly well this round, it was really hard to grade this AND eliminate 4 people. I am human, if I made mistakes, let me know. If the numbers don't add up, say so...if they are missing a card or something of that nature let me know. Thanks guys for making this such a smooth round. What your thoughts on the grading?

2. Eonic

Eonic New Member

I really enjoyed reading through all the entries, wow. This my favorite round by far, with the challenge itself, and all the decklists submitted. I agree with the grading, it was accurate overall (no offensive to anyone, just my beliefs). But in my mind, Time for Pain vs. Matijs was extremely close, it's hard to see a clear winner. I find it difficult to justify that Time for Pain's deck was better at prevention, because Matijs used both Gothitelle and Mespirit. Just a small observation. I still believe that Time for Pain designed a (slightly) more consistent deck and deverses a higger score. Best of luck to Hatter, Rainbowgym, and Time for Pain in the next round! I hope the top 4 challenge is just as enjoyable. ^_^

3. Vegeta ss4

He has better prevention because the opponent NO MATTER what can't deck out. Mesprit and gothitelle just "slows them down". I will agree it was very close, very tough decisions for the winners. I think the toughest in my mind was Rainbowgym vs KingPiplup, that was CLOSE!

4. King Piplup

King Piplup Active Member

Congrats Rainbowgym, good luck in T4/2.

Thanks for running this again, Vegeta.

5. vaporeon

vaporeon Moderator

I'm good with top 8 I guess. I guess trying to slow my opponent down was not enough. The scores do seem a little high this round though. Good luck to everyone else.

6. Vegeta ss4

That's because it was earned, if you earn the grade then you get the grade. There is a free booster box for the winner, so players are giving it there all. Also, all players that lost...I will be pming you some information a little bit later on. Pokegym is giving a prize to all the top 8 players.

7. Rainbowgym

Rainbowgym Active Member

I also enjoyed reading every list, but most of all the one my opponent made.
    It's always a suprise what people create.
    3 people from our pod made in up to top8, that alone is tells me we had a "heavy" pod.
    Very curious what the next challenge will be.

8. Vegeta ss4

The next challenge I am currently working on.

So far, I'm leaning on reverse stage pokemon, I.e. a stage 2 is a basic and a basic is a stage 2(if the pokemon has evolutions)
    Along with that I'm leaning on making it singletons.

Not entirely sure about this challenge.

9. Rainbowgym

Rainbowgym Active Member

Depends on what you call singleton?
    For me that's one card of each name only with exception of basic energy.

10. Vegeta ss4

I agree, last time I did it it was not really singleton. It was singletons with a twist.

I'm also leaning on using a theme deck for this next challenge, using a few sets to make it better. I'm just not sure on this next challenge.

11. Matijs

Matijs New Member

Thanks for this event Vegeta! I enjoyed it and hope to enter again in the future. I really like the deck Time for Pain made for this challenge, so it doesn't bother me I lost. It was a fun but hard challenge, especially for the deck choice. It was hard to choose between the deck I chose and Gyarados*/Emboar/Amulet Coin.

Good luck in T4 everyone!

12. Ace-

Ace- New Member

maybe i dont get it, but whats the point of that challenge? i mean why would you use a floink if you can bench an emboar?