Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Is DWD still good?

KAZUTO!!!

Hi, I'm considering making a DWD (Darkwing Duck) deck, but first wanted to see if it is is still good.

My metagame is: rogue decks, Empoleon, Banette, Empoleon/Lickilicky, Quicketune and Infernape/Delcatty/Typhlosion (I don't think I'm going to play it though), and this is at league.

Hi, I'm considering making a DWD (Darkwing Duck) deck, but first wanted to see if it is is still good.

My metagame is: rogue decks, Empoleon, Banette, Empoleon/Lickilicky, Quicketune and Infernape/Delcatty/Typhlosion (I don't think I'm going to play it though), and this is at league.

Empoleon? You can 2HKO your opponent's Empoleons, Banette: Banette have a weak. Quick Tune? After 1-2 Tunes it's an piece of cake beause you have destroyed your opponent's hand.
Only bad is teh deck were is Delcatty, you should add some Cess in your DWD if you are gona play it...

You need 2 Cessation Crystals to hand to your Honchkrows when they're active; no doubt about that.

Kricketune? They won't make you lose T1. If your starter is Murkrow, you can't really lose. If your starter is Absol, you can stall them and make it rather easy.

Infernape's less scary then Magmortar though, you're lucky that's the pokemon they choose to be a main hitter can't snipe your Krows (though Typhlosion itself is terrifying, as it slaughters Murkrows, and Honchkrow's tendency to hold DRE energy is also screwed up)

Empoleon's another one who'll be tricky. Really, all it's going to come down to is how fast can you get rid of the Empoleons. You can't afford to let one active, as it'll either snipe a Honchkrow or use Aqua Jet to slaughter the little birdies. Very tricky. Hm...

Empoleon, Banette, Empoleon/Lickilicky, Quicketune
Those are going to be bad news since none of those builds use Poke-Powers/Bodies. You'd be facing a lot of Cessation Crystals! Not good for your little friend that does 50 damage for three energy!

DWD (Honchkrow/Absol) is still as good as it once was, but it isn't being played because it can't match the damage output of Gallade/Magmortar. Especially since some G&G run Absol and some Magmortar run Absol, there isn't many reasons to play Honchkrow over G&G or Magmortar that could do more damage on a more consistent basis.

The deck isn't bad, it is just like most of the other decks in this format, unable to keep up with the 2-3 top decks. I think it's a decent deck and have kept it built since it's creation, so I still feel it could do well at a tournament. Don't expect G&G/Magmortar success though.

DWD was never really good. The only reason it ever won is because it most likely donked the opponent w/ absol. Still a fun deck but playability wise, is below average.

Because Florida is the only state that counts?

Flawed Logic FTW

Only state I care about for Cities and BR's. Everywhere else, bad decks like Kricketune and Mario were winning CC's. In FL, those decks were trampled underfoot. Thus, I stopped caring about most decks that won outside of FL, but failed once brought here, incuding DWD.

No DWD decks won any cc's in the midwest either, we're just as good if not better metagame as FL is.
For the past two years, FL has made the 4 best decks in the Metagame, and has played a central role in most of the SD's revealed at major tournoments.
:lol: Better than FL :lol:

People need to get over the fascination of trying to argue 'my region > your region" Its pointless. Being in a better region doesn't mean your the superior player.

For the past two years, FL has made the 4 best decks in the Metagame, and has played a central role in most of the SD's revealed at major tournoments.
:lol: Better than FL :lol:

Unless you were one of the people whose deck creation had a significant impact on the National or global metagame, or who significantly contributed to the creation of a popular and effective deck (insofar as your unique skills and insight helped make the deck what it is today), I see no reason why we should respect your skills (in restrospect, that sounded like I was flaming you, but that was really not my intention; I just don't feel like spending 10-15 minutes thinking of how I can word everything softly at the moment). If you actually were, great. More power to you, and I'm sorry for what I just said.

Using your logic, I could say that any deck that never won a tournament in any part of [insert specific region here] is sub-par, just because I think my region is the best (or because I feel like it).

If Florida is the only region that matters, than someone from Florida should have won Worlds and Nationals last year (if Eric Craig is from Florida, please ignore the last part of that statement).

Back