is it actually possible to get mew in red/blue

Discussion in 'Electronic Games' started by Ultra, Sep 7, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Ultra

Ultra New Member

without using gameshark or whatever, i know this is a really old game, but it was always a big topic of discussion when i played, just wondering if there was ever a resolution

2. Psycho_Lugia_X

Psycho_Lugia_X New Member

yeah, nintendo tours.

3. Sea Crobat

Sea Crobat New Member

Old

Make sure you haven't battled the Gambler with 2 poliwags and a poliwhirl near the Underground pathway Exit and the gut with a slowpoke you see on your way to bill's.

Get 4 bages(at least) and Fly.

Go to the exit of the Underground Pathway closest to the Gambler and save there. It is very important that you save there because you may not do it on the first try.

Step forward and hit the start button. If you did it correctly the menu will come up. If you didn't turn the game off and try again.

Fly to Cerulian City. Walk to the place where the guy with the slowpoke is. Do not talk to him but let him walk up to you.

Beat him and Fly to Lavender Town. Walk in the narrow path on the East side of Lavender Town. The Menu will come up. Press B. A Lv. 7 Mew will appear and it's only attack is pound.

4. mysterioustrainer

mysterioustrainer New Member

I will warn you with that method it will probably put a glitch on your game pak and may not be compatible with other game paks including Pokemon Stadium one and two.

I extremely recommend that you go by the offical way and obtain Mew through Nintendo. The Pokemon Center in New York has a Kisok which can give you a mew for your R,B,Y game pak and Celebi for G,S,C.

5. Kitshera

Kitshera New Member

I tried that and never got a glitch or anything other effect from it. I think Nintendo was just trying to think of a "creative" way to hide Mew...

6. mysterioustrainer

mysterioustrainer New Member

I said it could happen, I managed to pull it off on my Blue Version and then Pokemon Stadium 2 is rejecting the game pak. So I cleared the data.

7. Canadian Bacon

Canadian Bacon New Member

I did it on my cousins game (my yellow is broken and rarely ever starts, and my red and blue versions dissapeared) and it worked fine. then i traded it to my gold and duplicated it about 12-15 times, then stored seven on my stadium(1), 1 on my gold and 6 went back to him; guess that means i made 14 huh. it never glitched my game?!?!?!?!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2003
  8. Carrington388

Carrington388 New Member

Did the Mew Glitch in Yellow. I used Pokémon Stadium's GB Tower mode (I don't even own a Game Boy myself). I have two Mew, a Gyarados, and a Gengar, all at L7, in this way.

9. invisible

invisible New Member

does this actually work? even if i've beaten the game yet haven't battled that trainer?

10. Sea Crobat

Sea Crobat New Member

it should.

11. Tonu

Tonu New Member

its possible to get any pokemon in r/b/y game (1-151)....
    i have already got Dragonite, Moltres, Zapdos, Articuno
    and Mew (lv. 7)