Is this game hacked?

Discussion in 'Electronic Games' started by Alval, Mar 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alval

Alval New Member

2. MegaVelocibot

MegaVelocibot <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

Long story short, yes, of course it is hacked. Unless you buy it off the shelves and never let it touch an Action Replay, Gameshark, or other hex editor, then you can never be certain it wasn't hacked.

(Alternate B plan: reset the game after you buy it, and start without all the hacks it gives you.)

EDIT: Amusement time:

Stolen from a FireRed/LeafGreen listing...

Or, if they have half a brain, they'll say you hacked it, and your justification will sound weak.

Goes without saying...

Last edited: Mar 20, 2008
  3. charmander rox

charmander rox New Member

But they didn't cheat with Game Sharks or Action Replays! They used real Nintendo software! They cheated in the correct way! XD [/sarcasm]

4. homeofmew

homeofmew Active Member

"Custom ID Number
    Take this once in a lifetime chance of choosing your very own personal Trainer ID Number! It can be any number from 00000 up to 65535!"

this means the game is hacked :eek: unless they want to start the game a kazillion times.

5. MegaVelocibot

MegaVelocibot <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

I'm pretty sure the ALL PERFECT IVed Pokemon are more of a dead giveaway than just the ID...

6. EeveeLover929

EeveeLover929 New Member

You actually had to ask if it was hacked? That's... kind of pathetic. Seriously, a chimp could have figured out it was hacked by reading that, it's just way too obvious.

Marril would have a field day with that.

7. Marril

Marril New Member

^

You're far too late. This has popped up periodically for the past half year at least. Suffice it to say, a gameshark/AR is actually more efficient than Nintendo's proprietary hacking machines (e.g. the ones used to download Mew, Celebi, etc into your game), despite that they act in pretty much identical ways, i.e. changing bytes in the game's memory around.

EDIT: I love the filter they installed for Q F T.

8. The King Of Magikarps

The King Of Magikarps Active Member

9. Jran Sakarra

Jran Sakarra New Member

I am wondering if the next guide I write will be how to tell if the game/ Pokemon is hacked or not.....

10. Professor_Chris

Professor_Chris Active Member

That's why you do This:

This.

See how well This works?

11. Marril

Marril New Member

That's the reason I used a circumflex. It's more direct/succinct than saying "This," and amounts to the same thing.

12. Alval

Alval New Member

Yeah, I thought it was hacked as well but my friend didn't believe me due to the "no action replay codes or game shark used" part. Now I'll have to tell him to cancel his bid lol oh well...
    Thx for confirming my thoughts guys. Thread can be closed/locked by a mod now...

13. Marril

Marril New Member

He should see my collection of shiny Mewtwos, then. I've got about ten of them. They're all 100% legitimate, and caught all on the same game without trading. It must be true because I'm some random person on the internet, and I'm making the claim.

14. Alval

Alval New Member

lol @ the sarcasm xD btw, he has the game now... said it works fine (I know its hacked) I guess I'll let him have fun then lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.