Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Isn't it a little weird...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuMaga1

...that the Nintendo sets somewhat resemble the Wizards sets in importance and development? I'll explain myself: Nintendo's R&S, Sandstorm, Dragon, and Team Aqua vs. Team Magma EX sets strongly resemble Wizard's Base, Jungle, Fossil, and Team Rocket on a couple of fronts:

1) R&S is (so far) the foundation of the new organized play, as Base Set was a while back. (Perfectly obvious to everyone I'm sure)

2) Sandstorm resembles Jungle in which both sets compliment their predecessors very well.

3) Dragon and Fossil were somewhat like "leftovers" to the previous sets, so to speak.

4) Team Rocket was set#4 and look what's set#4 for Nintendo, Aqua & Magma. Tell me that's not a coincidence.

I usually have a couple of hours to think while I'm going to and from college and with the City Championships around the corner, this came up and made perfect sense to me. I may not be the only one who's thought of this. If so, let me know. If not, tell me what you think about this. Am I on to something or am I spending too much time on this?

Thank you. :psychic:

The same can be said of Genesis, Discovery, Revelation, and Destiny. Chances are it's not coincidence, but just something they'll do for each generation of Pokemon that ends up coming along.

Expedition, aquapolis, and Skyridge were the same way, First the starters, next the leftovers, and the legendaries and extra pokemon. Oh yea, and base 2 came before TR. ;)

base 2 was a last-minute decision by WOTC and was not affected in any way by anything in Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back