Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

It's a requirement!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulbasnore

Administrator
Staff member
Trader Feedback Mod
At U.S. Nationals, Infernape/Delcatty was popular. There were a couple times where a play came down to a desire to use the Energy Draw Poke-Power on Delcatty when the player had no deck. Energy Draw let's you discard an energy and draw "up to 3 cards". Of course, there was an Infernape LV.X waiting to use its attack and put 8 energy cards back in the deck.

When one of my judges brought this up in Juniors, I referenced the Compendium EX (on my Treo PDA, more on that in a minute). Hmm, there was an Energy Draw ruling allowing you to discard and draw ZERO cards. However, the metarule that allowed that (i.e. '"up to X cards" includes 0 cards') seemed out of sync with recent rulings on discards with no effect.

I dropped an extension on the match and jetted across to Masters and checked with two other TC members. Sure enough, this had come up in Masters already and been ruled as no discard to without effect. I was happy we were consistent throughout the day on this, but I was unhappy that old ruling was still hanging about. Needless to say this was a priority on our return. You'll find this ruling updated in todays edition of the Compendium EX.

The other biggie is the Metronome ruling... check it out!

I REALLY want to encourage you folks with PDAs to get iSilo (a demo/lite version is available for free). Its about 50x faster than PDF on my device for loading a searching and really comes in handy for shrinking & searching [del]this phonebook[/del] the Rulings Compendium. See the download page for our iSilo format version and http://www.isilo.com for the software.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back