Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

It's almost here Team Magma VS. Aqua!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aggronblaster

This should be cool.

Okay okay don't get all excited on me. It is cool that they decided to bring back character decks like in the Gym Leader set. But there are some bad things about bringing that type of format backwhat if there is a awsome attack on a pokemon but it's lower stage sucks that could hurt your deck alot and maybe decide the game. But the trainers should be intresting in what they do for each team and for the pokemon that are on that team the supporters should be worth while to play but at higher prise of cards.
So if you have any oppions about the set post something.

Seth D. Page (aggronblaster) :cool:

Maybe there is a trainer card Team Aqua RareHolo Stadium all pokemon with Aqua's or KyogreEX in there name gets an extra 10 HP.Team Magma RareHolo Stadium each pokemon with Magma's or GroudonEX in there name gets an extra 10 HP.Team Aqua V.S. Team Magma (Shiny EX look) Stadium If all active pokemon have Aqua's or Magma's or GroudonEX or KyogreEX in there name when they attack they do 10 more damage.

I found some pictures of the deck and booster boxes for Team Magma VS Aqua on pokebeach.topcities.com and they look awsome well to me they do. just click on the small picture and they will show you a bigger one.

From the look of the decks it looks like they will come with kyouger EX for Team Aqua and Groundon EX for Team Magma. that should be cool but wy are they putting EX pokemon in theme decks we may never know.
Or the deck go with the story line from the game.

Seth D. Page

There is already a spoiler to most of the set.
http://www.nick15.com/adv4spoiler.txt
You can see some of these cards already came out here but all the Aqua/Magma stuff should come out next set. Those alone leaves the set pretty small so they might send some more new cards to the set not listed in the spoiler.

Last edited:
I think that this is the best set released since Aquapolis, AND IT'S ONLY GOT 100 CARDS!!!!! Look over the cards that we get. We get more TV Reporter type cards, more searchers, and, most importantly, DOUBLE RAINBOW ENERGY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Personally, I'm excited most for that card (that card alone will change Unlimited, for the worse, making Sneasel even more broken than he was before...)

Ooooooh boy thanks for all of the spoiler list the Double rainbow energy should be cool. thanks every one and I'll keep you posted.

"Personally, I'm excited most for that card (that card alone will change Unlimited, for the worse, making Sneasel even more broken than he was before...)"
Originally posted by bullados.

I don't know how much it will help Sneasel, I remember a spoiler saying it only works for evolved,non-ex pokemon. I will double check it though.

I am hoping for some really good trainer cards, and with the hopes there will be more than 6 or 7 like some past sets. :D

Yeah but considering that we got alot of those cards in Sandstorm and Draongs (IE the Eevee lines and many others) I'm wondering if the set will even be 100 cards....hmmmm interesting information

The numbers I've heard are 80 and 90 with 44 of the cards being reprints. Which leads me to believe Nintendo is fixing to rotate the last of the Wizards cards out.

I was able to see a few of the new cards at the CC i was in (special thanks to Meganium45). Here's what i know as far as trainers go:

-Each team has a Grunt card (Magma Grunt and Aqua Grunt)
-Each team has a Leader card (forgot the names, so dont ask)
-Besides Double Rainbow energy, each team has a Double Energy
-Each team has a Technical Machine
-Each team has some sort of Pokemon Tool that looks like a Focus Band, but it probably isn't

now i know some of this seems like old news to ya, but I think it would have been nice to let ya know some of the things that I saw. I havent heard anyhting about Sceptile ex, Swampert ex, or Blaziken ex yet, but most likly, more news will appear.

As far as dual-type goes, i heard that you treat it like it had both types on it, So if ya had Magma's Groudon, for example, you would have the Weaknesses and Resistances that a Fighting and Dark type would have.

Last edited:
there is a chance that they reprint some cards but remember the have to still print the Team Magma/Aqua and hopfuly the graghics on the cards will be awsome the picture of the Groundon that reneboy posted is cool and from the look of its powerful but you can't read its a little fuzzy. And I'll be a little disapointed if they don't make more than seven new trainers they need more trainers espesially for draw power ever sense the created Eon up we can't use all of the good stuff like bill. So hopfully they print more trainers.
Bye, Keep you all posted!!!!!!!!!

At first I thought Double Rainbow would be a huge card for the format but lately I've been thinking, what current decks can really use this? Most big decks right now are based on using ex's to attack so Double Rainbow is useless. Wobuffet can't use it since its a basic. Sceptile can use it but then you need stage 1 techs instead of basic techs and you can't move it to Sceptile ex. Techs like Meditite, Ditto or Jynx are basics that can't use it. Salamence, Hariyama and evolved Wobuffet can use it but thats all I can think of that is popular right now. Techs like Wailord and Espeon have Boost as a better candidate. This card might help some weaker decks but it doesn't strengthen any top decks I see and doesn't push others to that level.

turn 2 salamence fully powered ding 40 to any poke, umm turn 3 slaking doing 90 and stopping pokepowers?

The Double Rainbow could be used for much more than the decks Pidgeotto Trainer posted. I meen I use a flygon deck and it needs two enegy one diffrent for each attack I've all ready made room in the deck for them. I think they will work in my opinion that is.

Seth D. Page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back