4 Oak's Research
2 TV Reporter
2 Elm's Training Method
1 Town Volunteer
2 Rare Candy
1 High Pressure Gym

18 Energy
18 Water Energy

I just love Kingdra EX because you can attack good for only one energy. Zangoose is in there to beat up the dragons and evolutions. Crawdaunt just rocks. Okay go ahead and critique it.

~Prime

Q : why not drop 4 energy switch and 1 kingdra ex and put in 2 water cyclone kingdra, 1 more high pressure gym and 1 relic hunter and [ 1 more Town Vol to fish those zangoose back out, or a WP ] ?

Flippin Treeko is right: Rapids Kingdra makes Kingdra ex BROKEN!!! Be sure to make room for Balloon Berry and Nurse. That's it fur me.
-Swampert

Ok, I realize that Balloon Berry is a decent card, but we have Switch. Everyone stopped using Balloon Berry wehn Switch was re-released in the last modified, so why is everyone like "Balloon Berry is better" now?

Anyways, drop 4 Potion for 4 Nurse, and add Rapids Kingdra, and another High Pressure System like previosly mentioned. Also with Kingdra EX you dont want to skip the Seadra stage, so drop Rare Candy.

Because of Muk ex Spectreon: We are to use the Japanese ruling on the card which makes your retreat cost 0. I faced a Muk ex/Roselia deck at the Modified side event at the prerelease and it MURDERED everything!!! Trust me, he needs Balloon Berry AND Switch.
-Swampert

Ok, I dont have a Muk EX, what is the spoiler for it? I know its has to be active for its Power to turn off other Powers, but what are its attacks?

Okay that Kingdra from Aquapolis is just crappy. Sure the power is alright, but I would rather play Kingdra and Energy Switch. Energy Switch does the same thing, can't be shut down by Muk EX, and doesn't require me to put more evolutions in my deck. Add in the fact that if I DO face Muk EX, I have a stupid weak attacker on the bench doing nothng.

I can see the rare candy thing. Good call.

Balloon Berry? No thanks, remember. it does count as your one retreat per turn. I reather retreat with switch and then maybe use energy switch to move a energy. Sure Balloon berry is the best tech against Muk EX, but nobody in my area is playing or will play Muk EX.

I recommend everyone put 4 Energy Switch in all their one color decks. Why? Because it's like having a energy trans venusaur in there without having to have one. I mean when the people at my league saw it, they all didn't like it, they all shrugged it off. I played it and I LOVED it! When I had no energy in my hand and I wanted to attack with a pokemon up front not fully powered up, what could I do? Sure I could risk shuffling my hand into my deck and drawing 5 cards..Or I could just move one energy from one of my pokemon to another. No flip, no downside.

Decks work great when they can move energy around. Think of Energy Switch as a splashable basic pokemon that can stay in your hand and can move one energy around. It's truely great.

THis looked to turn out as the AMP EX deck I made. People wanted it to have the stupid versions of it so that it could move energy around and use Nurse. I guess that would work if it were in Modified, but you can only use nurse four times. SO after you use nurse four times, what strategy is there? Hmm there is a good strategy. HEHE, I have a good evil plan for a deck.

Anyways, this deck isn't for healing. I do have a good healing deck idea coming up. Thanks for the tips!

Even without AQ Kingdra, I think Nurse is a much better healer than Potion. Kingdra EX has that nifty W attack, recalling several great attacks from varios Horsea and Seadra cards. So even with discarding energy with Nurse, you can still attack. Even ould combo with Boost for a Nurse, add an energy, next turn add antoher W, or Boost for the bonus damage, or save boost til second turn after Nurse.

Nurse for Kingdra EX, nothing like having a 150 HP beast almost KOed, only to have it come back with no damage.

No no no! Balloon Makes your Retreat cost 0 while it's attached, so Muk ex dosen't get powered up by your retreat cost! I try to play it in every deck now, since a major deck at my tourney is Muk ex. That's the only reason I suggested it...
-Swampert

Baloon Berry is Muk EX tech, which simply means, if people are playing Muk EX, use it, if not dont bother. I used to put tech in my decks for cards only I was mean enough to (ab)use. I teched for Aerodactyl and Dark Vileplume in alot of decks, and I was the only person I ever saw play either, so what sense did that make.

Also, I believe Girafarig's (Dragons) attack also does Damage based on retreat cost, PC for 10x or 10+10x, forget which...... thought I would mention it since he will see more play than Muk EX in my opinion.

now just nurse and boost is a good idea. I could lay a boost and attack and next turn nurse and then lay another water or energy switch one to kingdra to recall memory attack.

girafarig is great because it is basic.

I got the idea of balloon berry just that I can't retreat normally and balloon berry in the same turn. That is why I prefer switch. Against muk EX, sure balloon berry all the way!

I see what your saying about Aq kingdra, but even at 50 dam. he's still 120HP and rapids is a free ER2. But its only IMO. I've tried running decks with 4 switch and 4 energy switch and a coupla WP's, I don't know man they'rs a bit twitchy y'know. If your going to worry about muk-ex which is the only thing (I think) that's really being played to shut down pokepowers then watch out if your going to use balloon berry as a double up for switch for dark pokes that'll just blow tools off. I'd rather use WP so they can't shut it down. All IMHO

D'oh! *slaps head* what am I talking about :nonono: balloon berries fine just ignore tose comments!

Last edited:
Just 1 more thing about Balloon Berry. I like Balloon Berry because you can do a combo with Mr. Briny's compassion. If your active Pokemon has only a few HP left, use Mr. Briny's Compassion to get all the damage counters off and return it to your hand. Then put it on your bench again and use Balloon Berry to retreat your active pokemon. Then bring the pokemon that you returned to your hand back out as your active pokemon. :thumb:

or you could just use switch. I mean switch a balloon berry are very alike only each has it's betters. Balloon berry is good against muk and switch doesn't count as your one retreat for the turn. Balloon berry you can attach too. But I see no reason to play it unless I can guarantee that I will play muk. I can guarantee that I will not face muk.

You could have both, wouldn't seem too uncommon. Or amybe you could have warp point and balloon berry. Might work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back