Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

i've got a way to check for 'sharked cartridges

TrEkIeV

with 12 more Ruby & Sapphire Challenges left, i've come up with a way to to check for altered Pokemon cartridges. it's very simple: mix records and if they dont recieved the eon ticket, then their cartridge has been altered.

ok, let me explain how it works. if you read the back of the eon ticket instructions, there will be a section that says "SHARE THE EON TICKET!" look under "CAUTIONS" and number 5 says "if you or your friend has an altered Pokemon cartridge. you may not be able to transfer the EON TICKET ..."

so in order for this to work, the TO or HJ would need to have a gameboy that had an eon ticket in it. Players would then make space in their backpacks and mix records with the TO/HJ's gameboy. if the eon ticket transfers, then that players cartridge was not altered.

Keep in mind that this will only work if the players do not already have an eon ticket in their game, and the TO/HJ's gameboy can't share eon tickets an infinite amount of times.

Well that COULD work but that would take an awful long time to do for each participant. Its easier just to look through... if something really looks that suspicious then you'd be able to see it

Thanks for the great idea, but as a TO trying to run the event and get everyone registered for it I dont think there will be enough time to check each one of the games. Now if there were enough judges helping that might be a different story.

from what i experianced at the San Diego R/S challenge, i dont think it'll take that much time. the first round is a TCG round, and players are given a lot of time to make their decks and to play with them. the time spent before the actual gameboy rounds start could range from an hour and a half to two hours.

the amount of time it takes also depends on the number of players, but my guess is that it'll take 2-3 mins max just to check one game. all the game needs to do is make room in the bag and mix records. so if there are 30 people, then it could take about or a little over an hour with only one judge's gameboy.

I suppose, still if they already have an eon ticket from that EON thingy, or hacked one(can you do that?). Plus don't we only get 30 min to build a deck?

In combination to this technique, I suggest you take team regestrations. What I mean is that each player must submit precise detail about each pokemon he or she intends to use. Right down to stats and such. Now if some stats seems way out of line for that player then try to download an EON ticket or Battle-e card.

I have heard so many people talking abouit mixing records, but what does it mean? I was even asked after a battle if I wanted to, and said no because I was embarrased to say I didn't know what it was.

even though I dont have ruby or saphire, I think checking for stats and then for rigged carts is a great idea. But just out of curiosity, what does the Eon Ticket do for you?

Last edited:
If you have the Eon Ticket, you are able to ride on a ship in Lilycove City to Southern Island which is where you can catch Latios (Sapphire) or Latias (Ruby).

Water Pokemon Master said:
I have heard so many people talking abouit mixing records, but what does it mean? I was even asked after a battle if I wanted to, and said no because I was embarrased to say I didn't know what it was.

Basically mixing records is exchanging records with a buddy. In order to do this, you link up and then go to the Pokemon Center's 2nd floor. Up there, I believe its all the way to the right, and you talk to the person like you would for any other deally (trade, battle, etc.)

When you swap records, for one the Eon Ticket should appear in their key items as the ticket says. Next off, if they have a secret base, there base will appear in your game, and if you can find it you maybe able to battle them there. Also, some of your TV programs (if you ever noticed the TV flashing and it talks about you) may start appearing in there game (and same with theirs). Its a neat little thing, I would like to do it with a few people at up comming events ;)

-marril

Back