I've got Coliseum!

Discussion in 'Electronic Games' started by The Anaconda, Jan 2, 2004.

1. The Anaconda

The Anaconda New Member

Hey people, The Anaconda here, posting during my lunch break.

Anyway, the reason I'm posting is because I just ran my UPS Tracking Number from my import, and now it looks like my copy of Coliseum has arrived!

As soon as I get off work, I'm gonna start playing. I'll find you all some interesting pictures and put some screenshots up tonight! And I'll find out exactly how this new mode with Super Keel works!

Until then, see you later!

2. Joe Monkey

Joe Monkey New Member

Your talking about the Japaness version right?

3. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

he'd better be, or I will be wanting to know where he got it from, and get one too. =)
    I am sure he is refering to Japanese version though

4. The Anaconda

The Anaconda New Member

Yes, of course it's the Japanese version.

People, this game takes a whopping 48(!!) memory blocks o_0.

That's okay though, because it (or at leas the japanese version) comes with a memory card 59. :cool:

And I've been meaning to buy a second memory card too... :)

As for the game itself, it is awesome! I've got to make dinner for my family and then I'll hook my GCN up to my TV Tuner in my computer and take some screen shots.

Super Keel is cool with his unimotorcycle... I'll make sure to get you all a picture of his vehicle from the side.

Oh, and as far as I can tell so far that Train in those screenshots that are already out there is stranded and doesn't go anywhere (it seems to be being used as a resturaunt)

Last edited: Jan 2, 2004
  5. Joe Monkey

Joe Monkey New Member

48 Blocks! Ouch! I hope the english version comes with a card.

Funny thing is I just did some memory cleaning and I have 48/251 blocks left.

Quick qustion, do you still plan on getting the english version?

6. The Anaconda

The Anaconda New Member

7. Water Pokemon Master

Water Pokemon Master <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

Have you caught any Dark Pokemon yet and turned them good with Celebi? Also, have you encountered the girl that can detect the Dark Pokemon?

8. The Anaconda

The Anaconda New Member

Celebi? I haven't found Celebi yet...

And you meet up with the girl almost right at the beginning.

Let's see. I've caught 4 Dark Pokemon so far. Makuhita (which I just caught to see if it works), Bayleef (that bugger took four balls to catch), Skiploom, and one more I forget at the moment.

As far as the rest of Coliseum is concerned, I haven't been able to do much with it because I don't have a GCN Link Cable for my GBA. But I have found this one mode similar to Battle Now from Stadum 1 that randomly assigns you 6 Pokemon to use (and you can very well get legendaries assigned to you too. I've gotten Entei, Raikou, Suicune, and Regice assigned to me).

Also, something I noticed back in May when I was doing research on Ruby/Sapphire, is the fact that they didn't reprogram this one when they brought it to the us, they just translated over it. I actually grabbed my Japanese save file and dumped it in my English game and was able to continue the game with no problems. And I've heard that people have been able to trade Pokemon between the Japanese and English Pokemon just fine. So I believe that you can actually use the US GBA cartrige in it. I'm going to test that today.

9. Water Pokemon Master

Water Pokemon Master <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

Don't do it! One girl at TPM tried it with her Collisseum and her game was totally erased. I can't find the post for some reason, but at least try to backup your game with that Action Replay before you try it out.

10. Pokekid

Pokekid New Member

If you want more memory block buy a NYKO memory card one comes with 1060 Blocks!!!

11. Joe Monkey

Joe Monkey New Member

That is off topic, I think?

12. Mr. Grass

Mr. Grass New Member

You've got me a bit confused with your screenshots and information. In Colliseum, do you start out fresh and go out catching pokemon, or do you use pokemon from a Ruby/Sapphire game?

13. The Anaconda

The Anaconda New Member

You actually start with an Espeon and an Umbreon from the game in the adventure mode. You must catch more from that point. I'm not far enough to upload/downlaod pokemon from RuSa for use in the Adventure Mode.

14. Show me the link to that site

15. Joe Monkey

Joe Monkey New Member

Dude, look at post number six. T_T;

16. Kyfogre22

Kyfogre22 New Member

I've been trying to get ahold of colluseum myself, but its store policy that employee's can't preorder, and the game has been sold out over here... must... get... new shipment!!!