Jake Shpringman's EX:FRLG Prerelease Report (at the GG)

Discussion in 'Prerelease Tournaments' started by Hedgefoxidna, Aug 28, 2004.

1. Hedgefoxidna

Hedgefoxidna New Member

Hey guys, this prerelease was GREAT! It was my favourite one, topping even dragon. I got 1st in 11-14, so I thought I'd type a report up, first off, let's start with a list:

Pokemon: 16

1 Spearow
    1 Fearow

1 Venonet
    1 Venomoth

1 Squirtle
    1 Wartortle

1 Exeggute
    1 Exggutur

1 Lickitung

1 Chansey

1 Doduo
    1 Dodrio

1 Poliwag
    1 Poliwhirl

1 Nidoran (F)
    1 Nidorina

Trainers: 4

1 Bill's Maintenance
    1 Pokemon Reversal
    1 Energy Switch
    1 POR

Energy: 20
    1 Multi
    6 Water
    6 Psychic
    7 Grass

Yup, that's my list, at first glance it seems like a crappy deck, but it got me all the way.

Round One VERSUS Jared 1-0
    Wow, just like in the HL prerelease, my first pairing is none other than my good friend, Metal Master. unlike HL, though, I won. I started with an eggcute, he started with a few chars and a chancey. He eventually knocked out my eggtor, so I sent out wartort to do 60 dmg to his charmeli, which retreated to a chancey, so then I got my lickytung powered up to knock out his remaining charmili on the bench, using his 2nd atk.

Round Two VERSUS Chris 2-0
    This was Chris' first take on a prerelease, he become a local 'bout a week ago in reg league, but he missed the HL draft, so this was his 1st. I didn't get my eggsi in this game, I acutally got my nidoran so I did call for friends, and got a doduo, later followed by evoing it to a dodrio with nidorinas atk. Then it was pretty much GG, he got his pidgeot late game, but to late.

Round Three VERSUS Jacob 3-0
    Oh yay, me and him have always battled back in WeIsSux days, and I haven't battled him for a month, anyways I got started with a squirtle, later he got a Mr. Mime EX, sadly it was the evens one so my eggsi was useless, so I later got out my chancey, and stalled with it till I finally got 2 heads and it was GG.

Round Four VERSUS Justin 4-0
    I'm on a roll. I again started with squirtle, then I let me wartortle get knocked, not before nrg switchin one of his water to my eggsi, who later got up to 7 nrg, so it was pretty much game right there.

Round Finale VERSUS Tim 4-1
    Now, I was the only 4-0 player, Tim was the only 3-1 player I haven't faced (and beaten) yet, so it had to be him. I knocked out his poliwag and his Mr. Mime Odds with my Eggsi, but then he skrewed it with his Cloister, and none of my pokemon could knock it out in 2 hits before it knocked them in 2 hits, so it was a 3 way tie for 1st, but....

Since I won the first round and Tim and Jared only won their 2nd, I got the box by a technacality, congrats to Tim and Jared!!!

PROS: BEST. PRERELEASE. EVER. I got a Zapdos!!!!!!! I traded a bunch of EXs I got for even more packs, in total I had over 60 packs!!! I bought an awesome FRLG shirt, it kicks !@#, and since I got the box, I also got the boxtopper, which this time was only obtained by getting the actualy box.

CONS: None, this event ROCKED.

Big thx to Scott and Chad, for running the league in Vince's absence!!!

Last edited: Aug 28, 2004
  2. meganium45

meganium45 New Member

Chaw, glad to hear it went well...and...

Somebody bought a shirt!!!

M45

3. Hedgefoxidna

Hedgefoxidna New Member

No, just Russian. =P