Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Jake Shpringman's EX:FRLG Prerelease Report (at the GG)

Hedgefoxidna

Hey guys, this prerelease was GREAT! It was my favourite one, topping even dragon. I got 1st in 11-14, so I thought I'd type a report up, first off, let's start with a list:

Pokemon: 16

1 Spearow
1 Fearow

1 Venonet
1 Venomoth

1 Squirtle
1 Wartortle

1 Exeggute
1 Exggutur

1 Lickitung

1 Chansey

1 Doduo
1 Dodrio

1 Poliwag
1 Poliwhirl

1 Nidoran (F)
1 Nidorina

Trainers: 4

1 Bill's Maintenance
1 Pokemon Reversal
1 Energy Switch
1 POR

Energy: 20
1 Multi
6 Water
6 Psychic
7 Grass

Yup, that's my list, at first glance it seems like a crappy deck, but it got me all the way.

Round One VERSUS Jared 1-0
Wow, just like in the HL prerelease, my first pairing is none other than my good friend, Metal Master. unlike HL, though, I won. I started with an eggcute, he started with a few chars and a chancey. He eventually knocked out my eggtor, so I sent out wartort to do 60 dmg to his charmeli, which retreated to a chancey, so then I got my lickytung powered up to knock out his remaining charmili on the bench, using his 2nd atk.

Round Two VERSUS Chris 2-0
This was Chris' first take on a prerelease, he become a local 'bout a week ago in reg league, but he missed the HL draft, so this was his 1st. I didn't get my eggsi in this game, I acutally got my nidoran so I did call for friends, and got a doduo, later followed by evoing it to a dodrio with nidorinas atk. Then it was pretty much GG, he got his pidgeot late game, but to late.

Round Three VERSUS Jacob 3-0
Oh yay, me and him have always battled back in WeIsSux days, and I haven't battled him for a month, anyways I got started with a squirtle, later he got a Mr. Mime EX, sadly it was the evens one so my eggsi was useless, so I later got out my chancey, and stalled with it till I finally got 2 heads and it was GG.

Round Four VERSUS Justin 4-0
I'm on a roll. I again started with squirtle, then I let me wartortle get knocked, not before nrg switchin one of his water to my eggsi, who later got up to 7 nrg, so it was pretty much game right there.

Round Finale VERSUS Tim 4-1
Now, I was the only 4-0 player, Tim was the only 3-1 player I haven't faced (and beaten) yet, so it had to be him. I knocked out his poliwag and his Mr. Mime Odds with my Eggsi, but then he skrewed it with his Cloister, and none of my pokemon could knock it out in 2 hits before it knocked them in 2 hits, so it was a 3 way tie for 1st, but....

Since I won the first round and Tim and Jared only won their 2nd, I got the box by a technacality, congrats to Tim and Jared!!!

PROS: BEST. PRERELEASE. EVER. I got a Zapdos!!!!!!! I traded a bunch of EXs I got for even more packs, in total I had over 60 packs!!! I bought an awesome FRLG shirt, it kicks !@#, and since I got the box, I also got the boxtopper, which this time was only obtained by getting the actualy box.

CONS: None, this event ROCKED.

Big thx to Scott and Chad, for running the league in Vince's absence!!!

Last edited:
Back