Japanese Cards: Dragonite!?

Discussion in 'Collecting and Card Price Discussion' started by drhank, Mar 25, 2008.

1. drhank

drhank New Member

Well, kinda new again to be among the "pokemon people", but recently I found again some old cards I had long ago. It was a japanese deck I got.

Anyway, I was just curious and looking them up .. however one card was really odd to me. I could not find it, anywhere. Its says No.149 at the bottom, it's a Dragonite. He is Lv.33 on this card however with HP70. At any japanese card deck, or anything I was searching for.. I only found a couple of Dragonite's .. but all with a different level. Also I was checking up screens of those cards, but they are different then mine!

The illustrator of this card is Mitsuhiro Arita. If that helps. :>

This card is also a Holo and it's from 1996 (as it says that on the back of the card).

I find it really funny that I cannot look up this card. There are just a few Dragonite cards but none exactly like mine. Did I obtain some ultra rare card, or is it just so uncommon not worth mentioning anywhere on the internet?

2. Jason

Jason New Member

it would help me if i know the set symbol...?

3. drhank

drhank New Member

Well, I finally found it. Or atleast, the english one, the setup on the card is different too .. but atleast it's the same illustration:
    http://canada-gardens.com/pokemon/005darkdragonite.html

One thing is odd though, it says Dark Dragonite. Which I thought looked really different. Also, the japanese card I have is holo.

4. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

For the American Team Rocket set, they made both holo and non-holo versions of that card.
    There is only the holo version in Japanese.
    Not sure what you mean by "the setup is different"

5. Pkmnrulz240

Pkmnrulz240 New Member

Whoa, that was my scan...

I don't ever remember scanning that... lol.

6. Destinii Haruya

Destinii Haruya New Member

The Japanese layout's always been different... except in the gym sets. lol