Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Jason, Alex, and Jimmy watch

dld4a

Feature Writer
Well, in what I believe was their first CC of the year (I know it was Jimmy's), Jason and Jimmy took 1st and 2nd respectively. I'm sure this is no coincidence and we'll be seeing a pattern develop. Stay tuned for more and discuss if you like. (including Alex because he deserves it)

11-19-06
LaGrange, IN CC

Jason - 1st place
Deck: Banette/Houndoom
(1 game loss in top cut)

Jimmy - 2nd place, only losses to Jason
Deck: Drag Queen (Flygon/Nidoqueen)
(1 swiss round 4, 0 for 2 finals)

Alex - 4th place, loss to Jimmy in top cut

=================================================

11-24-06
Ann Arbor, MI CC

Jason - 1st place

11-25-06
Kalamazoo, MI CC

Jason - 1st place

Alex - 2nd?
Deck: Sally/Gross

12-2-06
St. Peters, MO CC

Alex - 1st place
Deck: SallyGross
(See post #45 for more; 2-0 vs Newman in finals)

12-9-06
South Bend, IN CC

Jason - did not make top cut (2-2)

12-10-06
New Berlin, WI CC

Jason - 1st place
(Beat Cory G., a founding member of Team Chicago [Jimmy and I among others are also founding members of Team Chicago] in the finals 2-1. Cory couldn't pull the Warp Point to get the win in the final game)

12-16-06
Niles, IL CC

Jason - did not make top cut

Alex - did not make top cut

12-30-06
Angola, IN CC

Jason - 2nd place (beat Alex top 4, lost mirror match to Tracy in finals)

Alex - 4th place (lost to Jason top 4)

1-6-07
Rockford, IL CC

Jason - 1st place (Finals went to sudden death vs. Tom with Scizor/Doom)

Alex - did not make top cut (we'll just say that Crystal Shard got the better of him, all day long)

1-13-07
Jackson, MI CC

Jason - 1st place

Other two did not attend

Last edited:
No Jimmy only lost to Jason (in swiss and the finals).

Jason went undefeated on the day I believe.
Edit: Late info - 1 game loss in top cut.

Last edited:
The bad thing is..losing to them hurts your rankings. Their wins, other than for the medals and such, do not help them get get any closer to Worlds from the rankings for obvious reasons.

I have a feeling that at the end of the year, many of the top 8 a) already have trips or b) win their trip at Nats.. so 9-14 in the rankings may not be such a bad place to be for some folks.:thumb:

dld4a said:
No Jimmy only lost to Jason (in swiss and the finals). Jason went undefeated on the day I believe.

Dave - Guess who my two losses were to? Yep! Jason (top 4)and Jimmy(swiss). Too bad that won't be reflected in my rating:frown:

BigChuck01 said:
Jimmy took me out in the cut again, lets hope this is a pattern that is put to rest soon :-D.
:lol: So funny I'm adding you in. No really, you're gonna do well this year too, so...

Last edited:
I have 11 decks in my deck bag. I believe 8 of them would have won that tournament!!!

The only trick is to get Ness or Jimmy to agree to play them.

Jason used Mewtric and Jimmy used Eeveelutions v2. Chuck was disqualified for playing Rock-Lock and then switching to Dragtrode for top cut.

Jason's girlfriend, Danny

played Mewtrick. I see everyone reporting about their winning records. I was thinking of reporting my 2-3 Arcadoom but I reconsidered. I'll just say I snaked eyes on my second turn Dual Ball vs. Jason and it was Arcanine Ex vs. his safeguard Banette. GG. Then it all went down hill from there, just couldn't get the other basics out.

PokeWisconsin said:
Jason used Mewtric and Jimmy used Eeveelutions v2. Chuck was disqualified for playing Rock-Lock and then switching to Dragtrode for top cut.
R u kidding me?!? Chuck DQ'd for switching from Rock-Lock to Dragtrode! Thats crazy i mean whats side deck for anyway? Someone should report that OP organizer.:lol:

andceo said:
and so Ness used anything with banette CG?
you can ask chriscobi on the pokegym he might have some info on his deck since he went there. He told me that he ran a 4 banneette ex and 1 bannette CG

Back