Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Jirachi LA

Ok, normally I don't make any comment whatsoever when I see the people on this forum hyping up a terrible card.
But can someone please, PLEASE tell me WHY you all think this guy is the best thing since Pidgeot RG?
It's not a good card!

Not only do you have to waste two metal energy cards (You can't even DRE it!), but the attack you're wasting them for is utter garbage.

There are three ways the opponent can very easily get out of it.
1. Retreat
2. Evolve/Level up
3. Warp Point

Frankly, unless your opponent actually wants to sacrifice whatever it is you're doom desiring so that (s)he can wreck you next turn, (s)he can easily escape.

Not to mention Jirachi's incredibly easy to OHKO for a free prize...

The last scentence is ignorable, as so are most starters. Jirachi is a great card because it has a mini-keen eye. His second attack is okay, but not great for the reasons mentioned. With Jirachi, you can get cards in your hand and on the field quickly before the opponent can react. Furret takes another 2-3 spaces, another turn or more to set-up, and leaves itself open to Wager. With Jirachi, you can get out a Claydol after the second attack with no problems, and then wager, though still annoying is alot less of a threat.

I have no idea why you would compare it to the card it is most like and then comment on his second attack.

Last edited:
With metagross I guess it could work but its a decent starter with amulet coin. Corse it could just be wagered away.

If castaway was still legal this card would be a lot cooler. Castaway and getting any card in hand for free with amulet coin is pretty amazing. It's at least decent as a starter, and faster than a furret.

The last scentence is ignorable, as so are most starters. Jirachi is a great card because it has a mini-keen eye. His second attack is okay, but not great for the reasons mentioned. With Jirachi, you can get cards in your hand and on the field quickly before the opponent can react. Furret takes another 2-3 spaces, another turn or more to set-up, and leaves itself open to Wager. With Jirachi, you can get out a Claydol after the second attack with no problems, and then wager, though still annoying is alot less of a threat.

I have no idea why you would compare it to the card it is most like and then comment on his second attack.

Jirachi's first attack is also vulnerable to Team Galactic's Wager.

No more so then furret, infact less then. And what starter would you prefer? Pachirisu. Hugely vulernable to full bench, Phione, hugely vulernable to slow starts. No card is perfect. If your opponent gets a Wager T1 and screws you up that badly, and can keep it up as long as Jirachi is alive, then you opponent got lucky.

I disagree. If they wager you with Furret, you recover quickly because you'll be able to get more cards after wager. Jirachi doesn't do this nearly as quickly. You still lose you hand and the cards you wanted, the only difference is that Furret has a higher payoff if the cards don't get wagered away. Not to mention that if you do get the card with Jirachi, you're giving up your draw on the next turn. It's nominal because whatever you are getting is probably good enough, but taking that into account Furret is getting three cards for every one that Jirachi gets you.

The question here is whether or not Furret is worth having to evolve it. The success that it enjoys right now suggests that it will be, but that could change...

Oh c'mon. How may times will you get Wagered per game?

Up to 4. One wish is still good, and the combo with Amulet Coin is great. Jirachi isn't horrible, no matter how you put it. It's a BASIC for cryin' out loud. I'd run 1-2 in my Metal Deck.

I agree that Jirachi is a good card, but I don't think it will be as good at getting cards as just setting up a Furret and using its attack will be.

I'm not so sure that Doom Desire is all that bad either. Perhaps if you combo it with Ariados?

It has two attacks?
Huh. What do you know?
You have to understand how I was mislead, considering the fact that everyone and their mother on this forum is going "ZOMG DOOM DESIRE IS PWNS".

Anyways, even with the first attack, there are better starters.

Back