Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Judges ruling - penalty for forgetting to put out prizes

DarkTyranitar

I was wondering about a judge’s ruling at a previous City of Championship tournament I participated in. During the game one of the two players forgot to put out his prizes at the beginning of the game.

Game play commenced up to the point in which he ko’ed one of his opponents Pokemon and went to draw a prize (only to discover that he had forgotten to place them down).

How would he be penalized? Would his opponent (who remembered to put out his prizes) draw one AND the person who forgot have to put out a total of SEVEN prizes. Or, would his opponent only draw one prize?

The ruling in which both his opponent drew a prize and he placed a total of seven prizes out was given by the judge.

In pretty much all of the previous Pokemon Tournaments I’ve played in, though, the penalty had been the opponent (of the person who forgot to put out the prizes) - drew one prize because of this.

Were guidelines ever specifically given for this in the past? Is this up to the discretion of the judge?

Thanks in advance for your help!

- Tony

(....Uhhh, I just discovered an identical thread that was started here: http://www.pokegym.net/showthread.php?t=4239 .

Sorry about this.)
- Tony

Last edited:
Back