Jumpluff to anger Gallade........ then kill it!!

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Flygon999, Mar 5, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flygon999

Flygon999 New Member

I got this idea from EDuu which seem interesting so I decided to make this deck.

POKEMON:21

x3 Pachirisu
    x1 Mawile CG (I like this card for getting out candys)
    x3 Hoppip
    x2 Skiploom
    x3 Jumpluff
    x3 Donphan
    x3 Phanpy
    x1 Diglett
    x1 Dugtrio (to prevent Magmortar X from sniping Donphan)
    x1 Shuckle ( is this card worth it?)

TRAINERS:22

x3 Rare Candy
    x3 Roseanne's Research
    x4 Celio's Network
    x2 Castaway
    x2 Strength Charm
    x1 Team Galactic's Wager
    x4 Professor Oak's Visit
    x1 Time-Space Distortion
    x1 Night Maintence
    x1 Copycat

ENRGYS:17

x3 Scramble
    x3 DRE
    x3 :grass:
    x7 :fighting:

STRATEGY: use Donphan's 1 attack to switch then send up Jumpluff. If they have a Gallade make them flip a lot of prizes and lol in their face. Make them :mad:. then keep repeating swithchin' until they die.

2. Cephalized

Cephalized <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

haha i like it. maybe some unknown g to prevent sonic blade and bring down

3. pistolpetepeterson

pistolpetepeterson New Member

your mean lol i like it. i cant think of many ideas for it to be improved at the moment

4. Flygon999

Flygon999 New Member

I haven't played it against anything yet.......... but what how do you think it's matchups would be?

5. metagross

metagross New Member

A word of caution - dont expect Gallade to flip any prizes against your Jumpluff. They will just use the first attack to get you within no-flipped-prizes range and take their chances from there. And since your damage output is poor at best, chances are they will still outdamage you.

Also, a smart player will arrange their bench so that they can Bring Down all of your Pokémon one after another, which you cant do anything against. (with 3 windstorm and amazing drawing capabilities of GG, chances are your Unown wont stick)

6. Flygon999

Flygon999 New Member

Okay then, but if they do use Sonic Blade and I switch, I'll just send up Donphan and switch then I'll send up Jumpluff after I attack..... then they'll have to flip prizes.

7. metagross

metagross New Member

why? Your Jumpluff will be left with 50HP which can be Psychic Cut without flipping prizes.

8. Flygon999

Flygon999 New Member

Psychic Cut does 40 unless they have something to get rid of Jumpluff's Resistance to Fighting.

therefor they have to flip atleast 1 prize.

9. metagross

metagross New Member

Oh, you're right. Well in that case, they will Psychic Lock you instead. I dont think Jumpluff is viable until we get some really good hit'n'run attacker.

10. Flygon999

Flygon999 New Member

Hmmm.......... I guess your right about Psychic Lock.

Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

11. metagross

metagross New Member

Flip heads every time?
    Basically, statistics give you 5 turns before 2 Jumpluffs are KOed (actually a little bit more but that is besides the point) so you need to have the potential to KO at least 2 Pokémon within 5 turns. That is just not possible with 110-130 HP Pokémon and 40 damage attack.
    Not to mention that Magmortar OHKOs your Jumpluff every 2 turns so the damage output would have to be even bigger for that.

Anyway, I would suggest Lopunny instead of Donphan as Lopunny does 50 damage a turn which when spread right can KO 2 Pokémon in 5 turns.

12. pistolpetepeterson

pistolpetepeterson New Member

I think a cupple unknown G's would help. atach to jumppluff and flip heads for the invinsable pokemon.
    as for the Psi lock.. about nothing you can do about it. use the dunphan to bring up the under powered kerlia or gardever and whale on them before they can attack with the psi lock. or find a 1-1 psi line that can pull off 80 dammage for weaknes and ko maybe a 1-1 cresaila X and take 2 prises when you ko one and you can move dammage to your opponint from your poke pulling off a heal also try and fit in a lake boundry or two so you can 1 hit ko the galade/gardever with cresaila X
    drop 1-1 donphan for 2 unknown G's
    and drop mawile and shuckle for a 1-1 cresaila X
    thats just my oppinion for now good luck

Last edited: Mar 6, 2008
  13. kangaroo

kangaroo New Member

ive tried this before. you cant do enough damage to gallade to make a difference. oh, and shuckle is not worth it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.