Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Jungle 1999-2000 Booster Packs

Cwebfan23

Hey everyone,

So I know that its common knowledge that Base Set had a small 1999-2000 run, and that people have Fossil Cards that also have the 1999-2000 copyright. What I can't seem to find too much info on is a 1999-2000 Jungle Print run.

Because it doesn't seem that there is a ton of information out there on it, I thought I would share some photos of a few 1999-2000 Jungle Booster Packs that I have.

http://i.imgur.com/2SCCG0s.jpg

So here is 3 Jungle Booster Packs, The one on the far left is your regular 1999 Jungle Pack. The one on the far right is the Australian Jungle Booster Pack (sealed), which has the 1999-2000 copyright on the back. The interesting pack is the middle one. Its a 1999-2000 English Jungle Booster Pack that does not have the red logo, and I haven't seen anything about these packs online. The middle pack is also noticeably different from the other two, with the font on the front being much more crisp and having a different type of sealing.

http://i.imgur.com/rHYiqAL.jpg

Here is a look at the back of the pack, where the copyright date is 1999-2000, and oddly enough, it was made in Belgium. Wherese I believe the 1999-2000 Base Set packs were made in the UK.

I opened it about 2 years ago, and it was only after noticing how weird the pack looked compared to my other Jungle Boosters that I noticed the different copyright date. I went back and looked at the cards from the pack and I swear I remember seeing a few with the 1999-2000 copyright on them, but I've looked all over my collection for them, and can't find any. So maybe I am just misremembering it all. I'll continue to look some more though.

Anyways, I just thought that some of you guys might find this interesting because its not something there is a lot of information on out there, other than the fact that they exist.

Thanks

That's very fascinating. A small batch of jungle holo cards in the very beginning were actually printed without the jungle symbol entirely! I have a couple of these odd misprints that I held on to.

Back