Just So Crazy, It Just Might Work

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Spectreon, Dec 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Ok, call me crazy, but I am just bound and determined to make a Wailord EX deck work. I mean, 120 HP, and 100 damage... it just has to work some how, some way, right??? Well, whadda ya think of this

3/3 Wailord EX line (SS Wailmer)
    3/3/3 Kingdra (AQ, maybe a solo K EX?)
    2/2 Azumarril (Straight SS)
    2 Sparce

4 Nurse
    4 Oracle
    4 Nav
    4 MooMoo
    2 TV
    3 Switch
    1 Fisherman
    1 Lure Ball

11 Water
    3 Warp Energy
    2 Retro

The idea.... well, if possible, dance energy with Azu, move to Wailord EX, and punish. It takes little damage, MooMoo, it takes big damage, move energy to another (hopefully Wailord EX), Nurse and punish some more. If I dont have Switch/Warp Energy I can leave 1 on Wailord and it is like having a Free Retreat attack.

Retro may be abad idea, but if it come down to it, I can KO a Wailmer for 1 Prize instead of allowing 2 for Wailord EX. Lure Ball will help to evolve a benched Wailmer and do more Punishing

2. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

so does anyone else think this could work??? Yes, no Maybe, any changes??? Will get it built and tried out by next weekend.... need imput though...

3. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

the idea behind Azumarril was to bring as many energy into play turn 2-3, then Kingdra can move them... yeah i may need to change it up a little though, everything is L weak cept Sparce

4. Flippin treeko

Flippin treeko New Member

I built a fairly good wailord-ex deck, the main problem with him is powering the big chunk up! You've got to get extra energy placements on him otherwise it'l just be stall, stall, stall, stall, by the time you've booted up one your opponents on the brink of having 2 pokes fully charged. Yes you can SDD after cycloning the energy to wailord ex no.2 but you may find if you don't clean him out in 3 goes at it you end uop with 3 heavily damaged wailor ex's on the bench! Drop the azumarril and go 2/2/2 on the kingdra as you oinly ever need 1 of these in play at any one time. I run it with harvest bounty venusaur,but I'm not sure you would find the room depending on your tactics! But relying on 1 energy per turn makes it twitchy, to say the least.

Also, if your running retro energy try to put in 2 Briney : retro, briney and retro's right back atcha, something I'm thinking about for muk-ex, plus it goes for kingra ex and whatever else non-ex you put in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.