K-Zoo Cities (worst record since January)

Discussion in 'City Championships' started by KazamBolt, Nov 24, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
  1. KazamBolt

KazamBolt Active Member

This was just a really bad tournament. I just donked and had HORRIBLE luck.

Deck: Kingdra ex d Swarm
    City: Kalamazoo, MI
    Division: Seniors
    Rounds: 4
    Top Cut: 2 (ugh)

I get there and meet fellow Team Legion member larllt. I get my last Kingdra, 2 Meganiums and some cards for my friend's (Ben) Kricketune deck. Waiting, waiting, waiting. so. boring. o. m. g.

Round 1: Drake V. (Honchkrow and Weavile)
    I start with lone Chikorita, he starts with Sneasel. I do some good damage to Sneasel, he evolves into Weavile and starts building up Honchkrow on the bench. I have Horsea and other stuff being built up. I play Wager. I lose (make note of this) and start to stink from there. My only Kingdra ex never got out because of Dark Wing Flaps. I lose..
    0-1

Round 2: Matt L. (larllt) (MegGatr)
    Great. Having to play my friend who I am weak to. Not a very good matchup for me anyways. I didn't do too bad and started to get out multiple Kingdras. I play Wager and lose (again). He gets his Feraligatrs out and starts to attack my Kingdra. I lose them pretty easily even though Protective Swirl eliminates my weakness. I lose pretty soon after that.
    0-2

I start to see that there is a connection between me not winning a Wager and me losing. Hmmmmm....

Round 3: Ben C. (Kricketune)
    Great... my only other friend there. My matchup here is pretty easy though. I win a Wager and soon after take the match.
    1-2

Round 4: Aaron K. (Infercatty)
    This was a good match. I started with Chikorita and 2 Horsea on the bench. He starts with Chimchar. I play Wager sometime and lose. I looked so defeated.... UNTIL! I played another one and won it. I felt great! I then got out 2 Kingdra at a time and it was very close. He was very much hurt by my Buffer Pieces, Kingdra's body and his DREs. In the end, I took all 6 prizes and he took 5. +_+
    2-2

So, I got 8th place out of only 10 people. It was horrible. Well, if I go to Tecumseh, I really need a chance to redeem myself....

Props:
    getting my cards from Matt

Slops:
    Everything
    bad luck
    horrible packs that I bought
    everyone that I faced had a record of 2-2 or worse
    T2 cut
    bad resistance
    everything else
    Ben and Matt stealing my Munchlax

2. larllt

larllt New Member

Remember that white board thing? We put munchlax in there for a minute.

gj lol. It was all about resistance.

3. KazamBolt

KazamBolt Active Member

I saw you guys.

I know. There were 5 2-2s and only 1 4-0 and 1 3-1. I would have the worst resistance beating the only 2 unbeatens in the tournament.