Kabutops EX

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by WeileMom, Feb 26, 2004.

1. WeileMom

WeileMom New Member

I was wondering if anyone is using Kabutops EX in their decks. It seems to me that it would deal a lot of damage, especially to Blaziken. Are their any huge disadvantages to building a deck around it?
    ---Nicole

2. TrueGamerX

TrueGamerX New Member

Kabutops EX is good in some decks, but he's too risky with losing your Buried and Mysterious Fossil's. If you can set up the trainers right he can be great.

3. Shdwchu

Shdwchu New Member

Kabutops Primary Weakness is Grass ( You'll see why ) If you plan on using it, I recommend play Kabutops From Skyridge as well with it. for 3 Energy you'll get 2 flips to deal 50 for each flip. that's a 1 hit Ko For Those magnetons and Delcatty out there. BUt there's a Problem. Grass is your main Weakness because Both of the Tops are weak to it. Sol watch out for Sceptile ( And the most dreaded Sceptile EX when it comes out )

4. BLiZzArD

BLiZzArD New Member

my wife plays and truely enjoys her kabutops dek if you want a deck list PM me and I'll be glad to share
    BLiZ

5. meganium45

meganium45 Active Member

NikePK came up with a great deck using both KabutopsEX and SS Xatu....

Did great...man btw him, Newman and Colin those guys can FLAT come up with decks that work....

M45

6. WeileMom

WeileMom New Member

Please post the decks! I was trying to find a way to work it with Sceptile, but I just don't have enough cards. I get all of my daughter's leftovers :mad: and have trouble putting a good deck together. Lack of trainers seems to be the biggest problem, so when I saw the Kabutops I thought it looked pretty good.
    ---Nicole

7. BLiZzArD

BLiZzArD New Member

3 Cacnea (ex Sandstorm)
    3 Cacturne (ex Sandstorm)
    3 Buried Fossil (Skyridge)
    4 Kabuto (ex Sandstorm)
    3 Kabutops ex (ex Sandstorm)
    4 Roselia (ex Dragon)
    1 Kabutops (Skyridge)

3 Professor Elm’s Training Method (Expedition)
    4 Desert Shaman (Skyridge)
    3 Seer (Aquapolis)
    3 Underground Expedition (Skyridge)
    2 Professor Birch (ex Ruby Sapphire)
    4 Master Ball (Expedition)

14 Grass (NA)
    6 Fighting (NA)

8. Aggronblaster

Aggronblaster New Member

I use to play it with Sky Ridge Beedrill it worked ok.

9. Masamune156

Masamune156 New Member

I play him comboed with Omastar (and probably the skyridge Kabutops soon) and i've no problem setting either of them up. And he can take on Gardy with relative ease aswell - or atleast put up a big fight.

10. TrueGamerX

TrueGamerX New Member

Just have Delcatty on the bench bringing out the Boost's to just clean house.

11. Aggronblaster

Aggronblaster New Member

Delcatty/Kabutops EX wow never would have thought of that. Sounds like it would work I just might try it. But by far in my opinion the Beedrill/Kabutops EX is the best and fast!!!

12. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Furrett would guarantee you the Boost Energies.

13. TrueGamerX

TrueGamerX New Member

Oracle/Delcatty would guarantee more than just the Boost's, Dad. :D

14. Masamune156

Masamune156 New Member

I've posted my Kabutops deck in the Deck Help and Strat section... Take a look if ya want.

15. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

An underpowered ex that relies on flips. That is its disadvantage.

16. Articjedi

Articjedi Active Member

It was much better in neon.