Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

kingdra isnt it good?

glaceon_master

:pokeball::pokeball::pokeball::pokeball::pokeball::pokeball::pokeball:
OK so everyone thinks Kingdra sucks and it wont last but everyone will now that once people start getting it it'll grow on ya =^_^=

like for example me myself as a GG player iam getting out of GG for kingdra

which is kingdra and empoleon and maybe a empoleon LVX big hitters on bench and an easy way to knock out Pokemon and win right? and some other techs for kingdra deck are dusksnoir to whip out their bench in all three AMU's come into play or if u jsut need to lower there bench, and claydol lol everyone loves claydol its a good drawer and can save ur life u can get kings our fast and easy, and dont forget about felicty's drawing to get water energys down in the discard pile,lol but here are some cards that might make kingdra tremble

like luxary will do 100 dmg plus ur weakness powthere goes ur king but with weakness guard u can prevent that
or the fairy's but u have to get all three LVx's out before u die and if u do it might even be too late for u to play them

either way kingdra will be up there as a play deck and I'll be using it in this yrs BR Autumn and I'll have news about how it does

:pokeball::pokeball::pokeball::pokeball::pokeball::pokeball::pokeball:​

Last edited:
ORLY? You think everyone here thinks Kingdra sucks? It is the single most hyped deck I have ever seen. As for your deck idea, I see what you're getting at with thebench damage, but there is not much synergy beyond that. Kingdra wants to discard a lot, and there needs to be a lot of disposable cards in the deck. There isn't enough space to effectively fit in Empoleon unless it is a tech. There are better partners for Empoleon and Kingdra that are better suited to each one's strategy than each other.

Pure Kingdra/Claydol will be one of the top-tier decks. As for it being over-hyped, I'd say...oh, G&G is probably more hyped than Kingdra. I think it's ridiculous to say that everybody thinks it sucks, though.

ORLY? You think everyone here thinks Kingdra sucks? It is the single most hyped deck I have ever seen. As for your deck idea, I see what you're getting at with thebench damage, but there is not much synergy beyond that. Kingdra wants to discard a lot, and there needs to be a lot of disposable cards in the deck. There isn't enough space to effectively fit in Empoleon unless it is a tech. There are better partners for Empoleon and Kingdra that are better suited to each one's strategy than each other.

lol iam talking about people here and in pokebeach they think it wont be seen at anyting main event and yes empoleon would more likely be the tech in my deck lol

No empo.

Kingdra is better off solo with claydol.

Empo, tech or not, makes it worse.

Add Leafeon to decks that could kill it.

Leaf Guard+-20 resist= 20-20 Dragon Pump.:p

But Kazam is useless in Kingdra. Mothim MD can be help if most play Leafeon variants or pokemon with :water: resitance.

btw. Kingdra is good, but not the best deck. If many play Kingdra decks, so the chance is high to see it in tops2/4/8 decks or winner decks. But it is easy to beat Kingdra with Evire, Luxray and Leafeon

But Kazam is useless in Kingdra. Mothim MD can be help if most play Leafeon variants or pokemon with :water: resitance.

btw. Kingdra is good, but not the best deck. If many play Kingdra decks, so the chance is high to see it in tops2/4/8 decks or winner decks. But it is easy to beat Kingdra with Evire, Luxray and Leafeon

ya but there is alos weakness guard now, and king can be fast if u have the right cards

^ yeah but there is still evire Lv.X.

Come cites bye-bye Kingdra.

Kingdra is very solid. The only real problem matchups are anything with water resist, and some of those can be 50-50.

It's not a donk deck. That's like calling Plox a donk deck. They both have the capability, but it won't happen very often.

doing this from my phone=awesome... anywho gg I don't believe is overhyped due to the fact it has destroyed many a tournament. whereas kingdra I believe is an underpowered and costly version of maggy I honestly don't understand why people think it is so good... I mean ya it may be good late game but getting the enrgy in the discard is a pain and it has little synergy with other pokes to do so... if someone can show me something otherwise let me know...

Kingdra is very solid. The only real problem matchups are anything with water resist, and some of those can be 50-50.

It's not a donk deck. That's like calling Plox a donk deck. They both have the capability, but it won't happen very often.

Luxray and Lanturn both have positive matchups against Kingdra so what are you talking about?:nonono:

doing this from my phone=awesome... anywho gg I don't believe is overhyped due to the fact it has destroyed many a tournament. whereas kingdra I believe is an underpowered and costly version of maggy I honestly don't understand why people think it is so good... I mean ya it may be good late game but getting the enrgy in the discard is a pain and it has little synergy with other pokes to do so... if someone can show me something otherwise let me know...

Actually Kingdra should not be using its first attack very frequently at all. It is basically a way to deal big damage once or maybe twice a game when needed as well as replenish the deck so that via Claydol/Roseanne's you have continued access to more water to discard for its second attack (and also to keep you from running out of cards). Dragon Pump is what makes Kingdra so good, and the synergy between it and Aqua Stream just seals the deal. Kingdra does not really need to have synergy with other Pokemon because it banks on getting the job done by itself. Of course this independence has its downfalls (lack of versatility/options compared to if there was some exceptional backing for it, weakness is a bit more of an issue, you have no back-up aside from your other Kingdra, etc.) although they don't quite eclipse the pros that come with being so fast and self-sufficient.

Luxray and Lanturn both have positive matchups against Kingdra so what are you talking about?:nonono:

I bet they don't.

Luxray needs to rely on it's second attack to OHKO Kingdra, otherwise they 2 hit each other, and Kingdra has faster recovery than Luxray. Unless they donk, Kingdra has the upper hand.

Lanturn is only hitting the active King, especially after the Kingdra player sees a Chinchou. Lanturn gets KO'd after 2 Dragon Pumps, but needs 3 turns or 3 energy to KO a Kingdra. Again, much faster recovery.

You can OHKO Kingdras all day, but they'll keep coming back.

Actually Kingdra should not be using its first attack very frequently at all. It is basically a way to deal big damage once or maybe twice a game when needed as well as replenish the deck so that via Claydol/Roseanne's you have continued access to more water to discard for its second attack (and also to keep you from running out of cards). Dragon Pump is what makes Kingdra so good, and the synergy between it and Aqua Stream just seals the deal. Kingdra does not really need to have synergy with other Pokemon because it banks on getting the job done by itself. Of course this independence has its downfalls (lack of versatility/options compared to if there was some exceptional backing for it, weakness is a bit more of an issue, you have no back-up aside from your other Kingdra, etc.) although they don't quite eclipse the pros that come with being so fast and self-sufficient.

lol ya!! kingdra uses its second attackwhich puts E's in the discard pile adn puts dmg on the bench and does 20 extra dmg the E's are there incase it needs to make the first attack and by toing its second it probaly will never need to use the first attack

I bet they don't.

Luxray needs to rely on it's second attack to OHKO Kingdra, otherwise they 2 hit each other, and Kingdra has faster recovery than Luxray. Unless they donk, Kingdra has the upper hand.

Lanturn is only hitting the active King, especially after the Kingdra player sees a Chinchou. Lanturn gets KO'd after 2 Dragon Pumps, but needs 3 turns or 3 energy to KO a Kingdra. Again, much faster recovery.

You can OHKO Kingdras all day, but they'll keep coming back.

I don't see the Luxray to have that much slower recovery with a first attack that recharges Plus you have energy switch and energy pickup I just think no matter Luxray has the Positive sorry!:nonono:

Back