Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

KINGDRA OWNS--- STL report

ok i guess by now you know which deck i was playing by reading the title

and let me tell you, even though there were only like 30 people there, there was some fierce competition

ok, basically, i woke up at 7 in the morning, drove over to illinois to work on my parents house that they are selling..... while working, i turn right into a steel awning and bust my head open..... a little blood, but i can deal with it, and since it was 10:15, i didn't have time to go get stitches anyway

i left from IL at 10:45 and arrived at tony's house at roughly 11:20, and for anyone that is thinking about how fast i was going.... i shall plead the fifth

ok we get there at around noon, fill out the decklist and then we get registered

before my report, here is the decklist

4 horsea (retaliate)
4 seadra (water arrow)
3 kingdra EX
1 kingdra AQ
2 zigzagoon
2 linoone
2 wobbuffet
1 wynaut
1 azurill
1 dunsparce
1 magmar EX
-22-

8 water
4 rainbow
3 boost
-15-

3 copycat
3 research
3 reporter
2 oracle
4 nurse
3 switch
1 warp point
2 crystal shard
1 HPS
1 TV
-23-

ok enough of that

1st round vs Fritts (blaze/Ray)
ok well this game could've ended very quickly, because it started off with him having only a RAY and i had in my hand: 2 water, wobbuffet, crystal shard, TV, reporter, research...... NO RAINBOW!!!! i got the wobbuffet powered up and for 4 turns i just needed a rainbow to end it..... finally he gets set up, but i myself also got 2 kingdras up..... he takes 1 prize and i take 2, with a short time left, fritts knocks out my kingdra EX, so he's up on prizes by 1...... but as i use town vols, VINCE says, "less than one minute left", i shuffle only a couple of times, set it down, and vince calls time and tells me to finish my turn..... so i send up wobb with the shard and i attach my rainbow and knock out his active RAY for the win
1-0-0

2nd round vs ???? (aggron EX/wailord)
ok i forgot this guy's name, but i got the advantage by getting set up first..... he had 2 lairons and a wailord, but since i had 2 wobbs out, he decided to not evolve them into aggron EX... but i could have lost numerous times...... after i knocked out the first lairon, he used magnitude numerous times and i had 2 horsea's that were 10 damage away from being knocked out, and i couldn't knock it out until i thought about horsea's retaliate.... i flipped heads, knockin out lairon.... he sends up wailord with 90 on it, so i was happy until he plays an oran berry, which i wasn't too happy about since i didn't have my boosts..... until i used retaliate since i had 100 on kingdra...... and i got heads again..... WOOHOO!!!!
he sends out his furret and does 30 more to me...... i was like @_@...... i draw and it's a nurse, i play that and attach another water and knock it out since it had 40 on it already..... he sends out his last pokemon, sentret, and he then concedes
2-0-0

3rd round vs ?????(dragonite EX/raichu EX)
this was the easiest of the bunch that i played..... he has a buzz and a dratini..... i get my kingdra out turn 3, attach a boost and knocked out his dratini..... and since buzz's 2nd attack doesn't apply weakness, i won rather quickly
3-0-0

4th round vs NEWMAN(wailord EX/fossils)
well we are the only 2 that are undefeated by then, and this was a stall-fest....... he had no nrg, i had no nrg, and he refused to do anything..... finally i get a water and start attacking his wailords..... after a little bit, he sends out wailord(R/S) and starts attacking, but i draw a boost and knock it out...... then he starts to stall by using super deep dive and sending out fossils..... fortunately for me, i have water arrow so i would do 30, he'd take it off and lose a fossil..... i attach another water and attack again..... he lays down a wailmer and SDD's it out for some odd reason, i draw, and attach the boost and knock it out, finally i take away all of his fossils and he concedes
4-0-0

5th round vs chaddy (PSYDUCK) (niniken)
well we started to play but chaddy concedes, we start up a new game, but don't finish
5-0-0

6th round vs COLIN (tyrannitar/fossils)
this was a well-built rogue deck and he got set up very quickly, after a while, i ask colin to draw with me and after some deliberation, he agrees
5-0-1

well i took 1st in the 15 and up division, but for that extra prize (the 1st ed base set pack) vince's son ZAK and myself had the same record and the same tiebreaker, so we had to battle

bonus round vs ZAK (GARDY)
well in all honesty, i got set up really quickly and i just ran through his deck
6-0-1

well i won the whole tourney, won a box 5 promo charmanders, 3 promo multi's, the big multi card, and my spite over newman

well mad props go out to the following
-VINCE (meg45) for running this wild party
-psyduck..... yo chaddy, you da man!!!
-colin...... ur my hero for the week
-the 2 players i forgot their names to, my bad yo
-gathering ground for givin us the room to play

ok that's enough, my fingers hurt, and in closing

I WON A CC WITH A CONCUSSION!!!! BEAT THAT!!!! rotfl

Last edited:
slops to me? lol, i would've been anhilated... my draws that day were crap, crap, and more crap. But congrats man, just wait till state, har har ;)

POP Floor Rules said:
Conceding a Match
A player may concede a match to his or her opponent at any point during the round. Players are not allowed to determine the winner by random means, and may not receive anything from their opponent for conceding the match, or for drawing with their opponent. Engaging in bribery or collusion will result in both players being disqualified from the tournament and/or suspended from Pokémon Organized Play.

I don't know what will happen in your specific case but don't ever try this if I'm Head Judge. The very least you would be facing is a double loss.

Last edited:
this was a well-built rogue deck and he got set up very quickly, i ask him to draw with me since he wouldn't be in top 4 and i'd give him some packs, he deliberates since beating me would give newman 1st place because of opp win %, since fritts dropped out after going 0-3.... he finally agrees to draw
5-0-1

Conceding a Match
A player may concede a match to his or her opponent at any point during the round. Players are not allowed to determine the winner by random means, and may not receive anything from their opponent for conceding the match, or for drawing with their opponent. Engaging in bribery or collusion will result in both players being disqualified from the tournament and/or suspended from Pokémon Organized Play.

... I leave you all to interpret the floor rules ...

on a side note..... i gave colin packs because he was cool enough to draw with me, not because i offered or he demanded them......

i just put that there to save space and time typing.....

colin actually told me that packs weren't the issue so trying to "bribe him" wasn't going to work.....

NEWMAN was actually the one offering him his VIP package, to build him a deck with his cards, and give him half of a box...... all of this while i was asking colin to draw with me......

i asked colin if he would draw with me, he did, and afterwards i felt like even though with the win, he wouldn't have taken top 4, he deserved those extra packs........

i don't think that colin would've taken the draw with me just for more packs...... i'm not really sure why he did it, but i'm happy that he did..........

i'll fix my first post to make it sound less confusing

Last edited:
Thats better ;)

[elevator music stops and an announcement is heard dimly over the tanoy]

The ID or even a conceeded win are both fraught with problems. If anyone is going to do this then I suggest that they simply ask their opponent if they will agree to a draw or agree to loose and refrain from any further elaboration. If your opponent wants further information call a judge and make sure that any subsequent discussion is heard by the judge. Its dangerous ground and accusations often fly about once word gets out that an ID or concession secured a win for one player which automatically means that someone else would have won had the ID or concession not been accepted.

now back to normal service.... [elevator music starts up again...]

I choose Cake :D

yeah nopoke, i agree, well on both terms, cake and non fraud.... lol

after colin told newman that packs didn't matter, i asked him if he wanted the win, he said yeah, so i ended my turn, but for some odd reason, colin decided to take the draw..... i thought that he would've just attacked, but thankfully i was wrong....

but the 12 packs wasn't a stipulation for the draw, i just felt like he deserved something for it.....

none of us wanted to see that newman kid win that thing, i guess that's why he ID'd with me, but i don't know.....

boy this concussion is making my head hurt, so i'll stop thinking..... good thing i'm in college.... :D

CAKE FOR ALL!!!

I've watched people go on People's Court and admit to trafficing in drugs, commiting fraud, all kinds of things. They forget that the camera is there, or something...

-------

I think someone got tossed from an STS for offering a bribe to an opponent, once.
If this "newman" was offering all this stuff to someone to influence a decision, you could have gotten him tossed right there, no?

eh, possibly, but i just told him to stay out of it

it's over so i'm not gonna hold harsh feelings about it.....

we'll just see who's better at states, and i'm looking forward to some rematches

well i did go against part of an electric deck, but i got set up too fast....

unfortunately i didn't get to go against a BAR deck, which is what i was hopin for

fritts was playing blaze/RAY, but he didn't know how to play it right, it being his first time

Lol Ya I really didnt care about the packs..as I have gotten like 3 boxes of Dragon. I was just basically deciding who I wanted to win the tournament. And Newman already won one..so I let Scott win the whole thing.

Ya i wasn't bribed.

~Colin

Actually, I was sitting next to the kid that got tossed for bribing at the 2nd ECSTS, though I think he was kidding more than being serious. I wasn't going to say anything because it was me versus everyone around that game and it also eliminated another opponent. That was during round 4 or 5, unfortuately i lost one or two after that and it ended my Top 8 chances :/

On a side note, congrats and I like how you put NEWMAN in all caps. =/

Atleast you're not like IP Geek where almost every other word is in all CAPs. rofl I still don't uunderstand why he does that, but he's cool ;x

Back