Kingdra swarm w/claydol-article included

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Bug Boy, Apr 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bug Boy

Bug Boy New Member

kingdra x 4
    seadra x 2
    horsea x 4
    pachirisu x 4
    claydol x 2
    baltoy x 2
    sabelye (cg) x 1
    19 pokemon

rare candy x 4
    celio's network x 4
    felicity's drawing x 4
    tv. reporter x 2
    bebe's research x 3
    night maintenance x 2
    energy removal 2 x 3
    mr. stone's x 2
    buffer piece x 1
    25 trainers

16 water energy

The idea behind this deck is to stall w/ pachirisu,which will set you up, and discard nrg. until you have about 10 in the discard. Then you use kingdra's 2nd attack to discard more nrg. and do 60, 20 to one of their benched pokemon. Whenever you run short on nrg., you use kingra's first attack to do a LOT of damage and shuffle all nrg. into your deck. Here are the strat.s behind the cards. The reason behind SWARM kingdra is because it is very good to do, because kingdra is the sole attacker, and it takes 1 nrg. to power up. Very easy to swarm.

kingdra- main attacker. also your anti-decker.
    http://pokebeach.com/tcg/dp5-temple-of-anger-cry-from-the-mysterious#kingdra

seadra-ummm....here to get kindra out. also discards nrg.
    http://pokebeach.com/tcg/dp5-temple-of-anger-cry-from-the-mysterious#seadra

horsea- to evolve, possibly stall (smokescreen), but only if your setup is HORRIBLE.
    http://pokebeach.com/tcg/dp5-temple-of-anger-cry-from-the-mysterious#horsea

claydol- to cycle your hand after kingdra's second or seadra's first attack.

baltoy- to evolve into claydol. also not a bad starter

pachirisu- must have for any swarm deck. it grabs lots of basic pokemon and is tool counter.

sableye- it is here to discard nrg. and to thin deck of unneeded cards. can also stall with disable.

Any constructive criticism or advice etc. is welcome. thanks.

2. swanton1717

swanton1717 New Member

Is this card even in the next set?

If it is, thats wonderful, Kingdra is amazing. I think 16 energy is too much, i think its 2nd attack is better than its first attack, u'll only use its 1st attack for big damage probably once in a game, and 16 energy is just not necessary.

3. Blaziken 1111

Blaziken 1111 Active Member

I think kingdra is a very good card but we are most likly not getting this card in the next set so a lot of cards won't be legal. If we do get kingdra in the next set then you should play it with delcatty because delcatty has better draw power and it works better with kingdra.

4. Bug Boy

Bug Boy New Member

o_O...no...kingdra!?......*sobs*.....What cards WILL we get? please let us get foretress, please let us get foretress...

Anyway, good call on the delcatty, I know it would get energy in the discard faster than claydol.

And I think taking out energy would be good, but how many? I take out too much, I can't do enough damage. Too little, and I am wasting precious deck space. I know what I am going to put in though...an extra delcatty ex line to discard stuff.

One other thought; alakazam might be good in this deck. I got the idea off another kingdra post. It ruins powers, but to do it, you have to discard 2 cards from hand.*cough, cough* energy *cough, cough*

5. mca3

mca3 New Member

We will be gettin the BEAST, Empoleon, MY Boy!!!

6. Gowk

Gowk New Member

just for your info, some of the cards used in this deck (kingdra to name one) is in Dp5, the fifth expansion, while MD(majestic Dawn) will be the 4th, meaning tese are not the next series, i beileve.

But i have played with these cards yself, not these cards, just the expansion, and this deck seems strong. Nice work!

7. Bug Boy

Bug Boy New Member

Darn....okay, I was going to use this deck as a tournament counter for mag., but if kingdra won't be legal for nat's, what's the point? Thanks for your help guys.

8. Ra2xse

Ra2xse New Member

OMG, What's Bebe's Research? And if you are gona use that in HP-ON format i recomend you to use 3-4 Crystal Beaches. The combo of Claydol and Kingdra is awesome but your list.... MR. Stone's Projects but no Roseanne's?

9. Bug Boy

Bug Boy New Member

Ok ok ok, it's bebe's "search". What should I take out for the crystal beaches? I also used stone's because I've got pachirisu, but roseanne's does the same thing for basic pokemon too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.