Kingdrex goes for 3rd!

Discussion in 'Battle Roads' started by KazamBolt, Sep 30, 2007.

1. KazamBolt

KazamBolt Active Member

OK, so I played my Kingdra ex d deck that you guys have all been helping me with in. This will be my first tournament this year. I got there and got the 2 Wagers and 2 Buffer Piece that I needed. I also had to borrow another Kingdra ex d from my friend and local Professor, Mr. V.

Deck: Kingdra ex d Swarm
    Age Group: Seniors
    Attendance: 8
    Cut: Top 2

Here's my list:

Pokemans
    4 Horsea d
    2 Seadra d
    4 Kingdra ex d
    2 Spearow
    2 Fearow d
    3 Holon's Castform
    1 Shellder
    1 Cloyster

Trainerz
    3 PETM
    2 Steven's
    2 TGW
    3 Mentor
    3 Castaway
    3 Windstorm
    3 Rare Candy
    1 Night Maintenance
    2 Lake Boundary
    3 Buffer Piece
    1 Crystal Shard
    1 Strength Charm

NRG
    7 Fighting
    4 d Rainbow
    3 Cyclone

The Crystal Shard wasn't really needed but the R-Gon decks were out there. Now I know what you guys will say, "Cloyster stinks, don't play him." You will see why later on.

Round One: Keaton G. (Spoinkmaster) Kricketune
    Well, my first match this year and it's against Keaton who got T16 at Worlds last year. I wasn't going to let that get to me. I set up with Holon's Castform and 2 Horsea on the bench. Keaton mulligans 4 times. He finally gets a Kricketot out and we start. I get a Seadra out and a Fearow. He Wager's me and I lose, drawing 3. He has 3 Kricketunes out and sets up another. I use my own Wager on the next turn and win, drawing 6. Set up a Kingdra ex and a Fearow. He hits the active Kingdra for 70. My Fearow sets up another Kingdra for me and I knock out a few Kricketunes. When I get my 3rd Kingdra out, he only has 2 Kricketunes. He concedes.

1-0

Round Two: Dave R. Blissvire
    Great. Another opponent straight out of Hawaii. He got a T2 Blissey and just dominated me from here. I had a number of Horsea and a Kingdra in my hand. I could never get that Rare Candy or Seadra in this 15 turn game. :nonono:

1-1

So, if I wanted any chance at going on to the Top Cut, myself, Keaton and Dave would all have to win the next round.

Round Three: Drake V. Empoleon/Lucario
    See. This is why I insisted to put in the Cloyster. I get a Holon's Castform and 2 Horsea out. He started with... PIPLUP! YES! No T1 Riolu donk. I set up a Kingdra fairly quickly and KO a Prinplup and a Lucario with only 2 energy attached to Kingdra. Cloyster is setup on my bench. I attach the 3rd energy and set up another Kingdra. He brings up a charged Empoleon. He tries to attack the Horseas on my bench and can't because of Cloyster. I 2HKO his Empoleon for the win.

2-1

Keaton wins, I win and Dave loses. :nonono: Well, I don't get into the Top 2 but my friend does and ends up winning the whole thing. WITH MARIO! OMG! :lol:
    I ended up getting 3rd and nothing but a RH Bebe's in my 2 packs.

Props:
    My friend Danny only losing to Sean Foisy in his first Masters Tourney.
    Team Legion (2 First places and 2 Third places this year!)
    Matthew for winning (and trading me a lot of stuff)
    Derek for telling us when MI States are (March 8th at Jackson MI, Holiday Inn)

Slops:
    Holiday Inn for tripling their prices which means no more Holidome tournaments
    Blissey ('nuff said)
    2 packs for sucking.

2. Scipio

Scipio New Member

Might I ask why you opted for Casty rather as Pinsir? Pinsir seems the superior choice for this decktype.

And only 3 rounds, 1 game each? Why are BR's in the USA so short? Nice preformance by the way.

3. KazamBolt

KazamBolt Active Member

Casty is a good energy for this deck and quicker to me. I also had absolutely no Pinsir...

Thnx.

4. larllt

larllt New Member

gj

thx for putting me in the props

hopefully we'll get a tournament match in next time

5. KazamBolt

KazamBolt Active Member

We started that one between round and it would have been close if it weren't for Lucario Lv. X. That thing is a beast if you play him right!

6. larllt

larllt New Member

yea, he won me like every game

7. KazamBolt

KazamBolt Active Member

He should. You should post a report.