LaGrange IN Gym Challenge May 15th

Discussion in 'Regional Championships' started by farbsman, Apr 7, 2004.

1. farbsman

farbsman New Member

Pokemon Gym Challenge Tournament

Date: May 15th 2004

Time: 11am (Indiana Tme)

Play begins at: Noon (Indiana Time)

Cost for main tournament: $10

Tournament Location:
    Moose Lodge Conference Room (Upstairs)
    410 East Central Avenue
    LaGrange, IN 46761

We will now be holding this event Upstairs and Downstairs at the Moose in the same location as the City Championships were held in LaGrange. Registration will be upstairs. If we run out of room the older age group will be moved downstairs.

Players will need to enter throught the upstairs West Enterance. (Big metal Door)

Main Tournament Format
    The Tournament is run using the Modified Format and Age Modified Swiss pairings. The number of Swiss rounds run will depend on total attendance at the event.

After Swiss rounds are complete, there will be a cut to single elimination finals. The number of players to qualify for the finals will be dependant upon the total attendance in their age bracket. You will be given 30 minutes in order to play each round.

Modified Format

All 60-card decks must be made to the current Modified Format which consists of cards from the following card sets:

Expedition
    Aquapolis
    Skyridge
    Ruby/Sapphire
    Sandstorm
    Dragon
    Team Magma Vs. Team Aqua
    Promos 001 and up (Nintendo Promos)

The winner of each of the 3 age groups will win a expenses paid trip (airfare/hotel) for themselves and a guardian to the World Championships in Orlando Florida!!

Everyone who registers receives a Gym Challenge Promo Card!

Prizes!!

So what can you earn for winning? Each age group (10 and under, 11-14, and 15 and up) will receive the following:

1st Place
    1 Display Box of Pokémon-e TCG: EX Team Magma vs Team Aqua Booster Packs
    An Invite to the World Championships in August 2004
    A Travel award for you and a guest (must be a parent or legal guardian if under 18) to the 2004 World Championships
    A Stage One VIP Package containing a Saturday Badge to the Origins Game Fair and cool Pokémon Merchandise!

2nd Place
    18 Booster Packs of Pokémon-e TCG: EX Team Magma vs Team Aqua Booster Packs

3rd & 4th Place
    9 Booster Packs of Pokémon-e TCG: EX Team Magma vs Team Aqua Booster Packs

5th thru 8th Place
    4 Booster Packs of Pokémon-e EX Team Magma vs Team Aqua Booster Packs

Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire Game Boy Advance Side Event Tournament

We will be offering a Game Boy Advanced Ruby and Sapphire Tournament after the Main Event.

3 Pokemon of level 50 or lower.
    No two of the same Pokémon.
    Groudon, Kyogre, Jirachi, and Rayquaza are banned.
    No duplicate held items.
    Certain powers (Rest, Recover, etc) are not allowed after 8 minutes into the match.
    "Modified" GBA cartridges are not allowed.

There is no entry fee for this tournament. Prizes will be determined depending upon the amount of people playing and will consist of Team Magma Vs.. Team Aqua packs.

TCG Side Events

Pokémon Modified Swiss Tournament- After 3rd round of Gym Challenge Only
    Cost: $5.00
    Players: All ages, no limit
    Format: Modified Swiss
    Prizes: Based on attendance.
    Details: Players will need to bring their own Modified Legal 60 card deck. This tournament will only be run after the 3rd round of the Gym Challenge is finished. Players wishing to drop from the main tournament can play in this tournament.

Pokémon Modified Single Elim. Tournament- After Swiss Rounds in Main Tournament Ends
    Format: Modified Single Elimination
    Details: Players will need to bring their own Modified Legal 60 card deck. Players will play a number of rounds of Single Elimination based on attendance.

Pokémon Modified Single Elim. Tournament- After Single Elim. Rounds in Main Tournament Ends
    Format: Modified Single Elimination
    Details: Players will need to bring their own Modified Legal 60 card deck. Players will play a number of rounds of Single Elimination based on attendance. More tournaments of this nature will be continued to run as long as we can get 8 players to play and we have prizes for them.

EX Team Magma Vs.. Team Aqua Sealed Deck Tournament
    Note: This could end up Dragon or may possibly not run.
    Cost: $15
    Players: All ages
    Format: Swiss, one age group
    Details: This event will start after the Main Event is over. All players will participate in one event. This Tournament has the same build and play rules as for Prerelease.

Food Information

The Moose Lodge will be making food for the event.

Hamburger, Chips, Pop = $2.50

Pop = $0.75

Last edited: May 4, 2004
  2. hmmm....

How far is this one now....I went to a CC in South Bend...is it close or farther than that....I'm in WI...so I wanna know what I should bring along to prepare for this event(like money, etc.)

See ya

3. farbsman

farbsman New Member

LaGrange is about 1 hour east of South Bend. LaGrange is located 45 miles from the Ohio border, 15 miles from the Michgan border.

http://www.pokemonleagues.com/events/citychampionships04/lagrangemap.gif is a map, South bend is off to the left side of the map but isn't on it.

This map has both South Bend and LaGrange on it. It shows the locations of where I held City Championships http://www.pokemonleagues.com/events/citychampionships04/citychampionshiplocations.jpg

Last edited: Apr 7, 2004
  4. TheDeuce

TheDeuce New Member

Pending a closer tournament being on the same day, I'll be there.

5. farbsman

farbsman New Member

Bumping this back up, now that the State Championships are over, this is our next big tournament. I just hope this has a bigger turnout then the State Championship in Indiana.

6. YoungJohn06

YoungJohn06 New Member

I'll be there. :D I really enjoyed the state champs so I'll be at this one also.

7. kingkyle3

kingkyle3 New Member

we may be coming to this one since we can't go to the IL one!

8. bullados

bullados <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

if certain people in my area will tell me where to meet them, then I'll be there. If not, oh well...

9. farbsman

farbsman New Member

Added Side Events, Food info, and prizes.

10. SomethingElse

SomethingElse New Member

=/

2.50 for a pop? that must be wrong....it's usually .50......
    Also, do you think this'll last about as long as the states tourney?

11. farbsman

farbsman New Member

No $2.50 for a Hamburger, chips and pop. Kinda like a combo.

Pop is $0.75 , I have no control over food costs for this since I am not in charge of food like I normally am.

Yes this should last as long or longer then States. I am expecting a lot more people for this event. I am not sure how long our State tournament lasted in Indiana but since we are doing best 2 of 3 for finals like we did in States it should take about the same time depending on Swiss Rounds and the number of players in the tournament,

12. SomethingElse

SomethingElse New Member

=/

farbsman, i meant on your post....

"Food Information

The Moose Lodge will be making food for the event.

Hamburger, Chips, Pop = $2.50

Pop = $2.50"

thought that was an error.....

13. farbsman

farbsman New Member

Ooops my fault. Pretty bad, its on 2 other message boards and nobody noticed

14. Ice'Cold

Ice'Cold Active Member

Hopefully I will be going as well. How far is this from IL?

15. farbsman

farbsman New Member

Depending on where you are coming from 2 and a half to 3 hours. We are only 25 miles from the Indiana/Ohio line.

16. farbsman

farbsman New Member

Coming up on Saturday, hope to see a bunch of you there!!