Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Laminated Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
are laminated cards permitted in touraments such as CC
Not as far as I'm concerned! Why, would happen to have laminated cards?... Laminating cards is not a good way to protect them since it kind of sticks to the card and destroys it when removed. I recommend sleeves. Even the sleeves that cost a penny work fine, I end up using those sometimes!

but i'm not gonna remove them
i mean for collecting purposes sometimes use them but ,most of the time in collection

can't because it's a darkrai {movie promo}
hmm. Well you probably couldn't even use that at a tournament (at least yet) even if it weren't laminated. You are only allowed to use cards that are modified legal in your area, and I'll assume that you don't live in Japan. That means that you can't use it since there is no such thing as an official local language translation/reference for that.
but where do they sell penny sleeves?
You can the cheaply on eBay. The more you buy, the less you pay per sleeve. There are some huge lots of them on there. Ultra Pro and Collector are two name brand ones that I have sen and used. I don't like the Ultra Pro ones a whole lot since those that I have bought have weird lines going through them in places. Collector is an OK brand, they don't seem to have that issue. But if you don't use eBay/internet to get your stuff, sports cards shops will have them and I tend to find them at farmers markets at the stands where people sell trading cards.

If I were you, I would stop laminating cards, and store them in one penny sleeve + a hard toploader or screw down case with an indentation of appropriate size.

If you are laminating them for a collection, I'd recommend against it.
It literally destroys their collectible value and makes them worthless.

Not only that, but laminating a card will leave an outer edge which has to be trimmed. Can you be 100% certain that when you manually trim the plastic back that the card is precisely in the middle each time? If not, the card is marked, and therefore also unplayable. Believe me, it's just so much smarter to just get sleeves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back