Las Vegas, NV Cities reports

Discussion in 'City Championships' started by z-man, Dec 15, 2007.

1. z-man

z-man New Member

My bro and I went to Las Vegas, NV cities. I played Blissey/Weavile (a.k.a Evil Blissey or E.B. Games).Here's what happened:

Round 1 (E.B. Games vs GatrEggs): She couldn't set up after I koed her holon castform t2. The game went on with me setting up, and preventing her to set up. Eventually I had a blissey that was able to ko all of her guys. By the time she actually got set up, the game was over.
    1/0
    Round 2 (E.B. Games vs garchomp): The game was so fast that I might as well tell you the play by play.
    I went first. I had an absol active with no bench. I attached a basic dark energy to it, then I used baleful Wind to discard a garchomp. My opponent drew, then he played two master balls (at different times of course) to get two Gabites. He then attached an energy to the Gible. After that, he used Gible's attack. I drew, played Absol on my bench, then I attached a special dark energy to it. I retreated to bring up the other Absol, then I used Raid.
    2/0
    Round 3 (E.B. Games vs Lucario/Flygon): I was scared about this game since my opponent clearly had the machup against me. What ended up happening was that I was able to Baleful Wind what ever he got from Stantler's attack (he even shuffled his hand) until he had no hand. When I decided to stop using Baleful Wind, all he had was a Stantler active and a Trapinch with two energies benched. I retreated my Absol to bring up a blissey with 5 basic dark energy and 2 special dark energy. I had the Weavile in play FTW. I koed his stantler. He brought up the Trapinch, played a benched Riolu, attached an energy to the Riolu, and then attacked. I just drew, then koed the Trapinch. He brought up the Riolu, and evolved it. He thought he could come back, but he forgot about Weavile's power. He used Feint. I drew, used Weavile's power, then I used Happy Chance.
    3/0

Top 2 (E.B. Games vs GatrEggs):
    Game 1: Yet again Absol messed her up, but this time it messed her up with its Baleful Wind. After a few Baleful Winds (discarding all of the cards she needed, I had a blissey with two energies on it ko her only Totodile.
    4/0
    Game 2: This was a closer game than the last two. I forget most of what happened, but I eventually koed all of her Feraligatrs, but one. At the end of the game, I had a blissey with a lot of energies (2 specials), and a weavile on my bench against her Feraligatr with no energies, and her benched Totodile with no energies on it either. I had only one prize left. Blissey used Happy Chance for exactly 120 :eek: to ko her Feraligatr which let me get my last prize. GG
    5/0

Props:
    • My bro being in 1st place
    • DukeFireBird being in 2nd place
    • Team MGM
    • PikaChika for being a good judge

Slops:
    • My dog biting my hand upbefore the tournament (I'm glad no one noticed that my right hand was red)
    • Not getting a LV X out of my packs
    • Having to watch Madhatter's reaction to not making it in the top 2

Last edited: Dec 15, 2007
  2. Hatter™

Hatter™ Active Member

Zach, I knew I wasn't going to get Top 2, I told you that. You may as well add that to your props.

Anyway, gj on winning = D

3. z-man

z-man New Member

Why would I do that? You're my friend too.

4. DukeFireBird

DukeFireBird Gallery Administrator<br>Forum Moderator

congrats dude!!

MGM FTW (well 2/3 aint bad)