Last Chance Qualifier Field predictions

Discussion in 'World Championships' started by Chromecatz, Jul 10, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Chromecatz

Chromecatz New Member

So guys just like the other thread for Nationals, post what decks/percentage you think will be played during the "Grinder".

My Predictions:
    25% GG- It DID win nats.
    15%Empoleon-Strong contender obv
    15%Eevee (Eeveelutions and eevees/mag)- Did well enough at nats, plus everyone loves eevee.
    10%Pokeparent.dec's- Always a good percentage of these
    10%Blissey decks (BanBliss,Blissclef)
    10% Decks running Ho-oh, or Togekiss,Garchomp
    10% Rogue/Wannabe SD's
    5%Torterra- gained alot of fans after its great Nats performance

Probably need to look at international decks more but ya...

2. charchar

charchar New Member

uh-huh. a lot of people from different places will be coming also so stuff could change. the list that won nats was ran with many techs such as jirachi EX,breloom i think cresselia? and other stuff. all the good players that have invites will be playing in main event also so more noobs might be in it so that could change the%. im not saying that people who didnt make it are noobs.

3. Brawler

Brawler <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

Eevee won nats, too.

Cress sounds right.

4. charchar

charchar New Member

uh-huh. his own special list which is a secret.

5. ultimatedra

ultimatedra New Member

My Predictions:
    40% GG/PLOX
    25% Empoleon
    15% Magmortar
    10% Eevee Variants
    10% Rogue
    --------------
    i can see this thread going the wrong way. please keep on topic everybody.

6. charchar

charchar New Member

magmorter went down a lot. after empoleon and glaceon.

7. Scizor

Scizor New Member

70% GG
    10% Empoleon
    20 % The Rest

Sadly, it wouldn't surprise me if Masters were like this.

8. charchar

charchar New Member

;;.... i see more GG in juniors than masters from reports and my eye. (o) (o)seriously 70% GG? thats messup.bout 50% would make more sence or about 35-45.

9. PokePockets

PokePockets New Member

Hmm, my Grinder Prediction would have to be

40% G&G
    25% Empoleon
    10% Eeveelutions
    10% Torterra (After all, it did great at Nats AND can be played well if the right list is used)
    10% SD's/red face paint (We expect to see alot of these at Nats, so pretty much they could be used here too)
    5% Low Tier Decks/Other

10. charchar

charchar New Member

The player of the person who got top 4 gave out his list, so people will have the right list?

~charchar

11. sar86

sar86 New Member

G&G won all 3 NA nats in the masters division. I suspect this will translate into
    70% G&G
    15% Empoleon
    10% Banette
    5% Other
    Most will go with what wins, a couple will try the next best deck, others will try to counter G&G, and few (5% are just crazy)

12. charchar

charchar New Member

Won all 3 Nats in North America in the masters division? You mean top 3?

~charchar

13. Muk Man

Muk Man New Member

55-60% GG
    15% empoleon
    15% eeveeloutions
    5% banny
    5%everything else

14. charchar

charchar New Member

No plox? lol. What about those japanese people? I bet they have some tricks up their sleeves. This is how it works. They say goinichiwa. You say hi. They say OEITJOIEJODSGJEOELMKR and atigato. You say what and you look at the game and you've just noticed you lost. Lol. Thats how good they are. :p

15. ColdCoates90

ColdCoates90 Active Member

plox is GG (Gardevoir/Gallade) as far as I'm concerned.

16. yoyofsho16

yoyofsho16 New Member

No, Japanese rogues are generally in the Main Event. Not too many people from Japan at LCQ, actually.

I think that, in Seniors and Juniors, not Masters (because a lot of them can get themselves there) LCQ would be fairly easier to get an invite with than Nationals, actually, even though most would disagree. All of the best playing, highest-ranked players got an invite by ranking or Nationals, and a lot of people don't go to LCQ because they can't after going to Nationals, so it is too far for them to go to both. Wouldn't that make it a bit easier to win, whether or not there are more invites?

17. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

People bring your umbrellas, because there is going to be a lot of Purple Rain (a.k.a GG)

18. charchar

charchar New Member

lol. purple rain? never heard that. like it though. definately most GG. second empoleon eevee and 3rd some other SD.

19. phoenixback4fire

phoenixback4fire New Member

How are people getting these percentages?

do they know what everyones gonna play exsactly?

because last I knew I didnt tell anyone what i was playing:lol:

20. drrty byl

drrty byl New Member

Before US nationals I was expecting a lot more GG than Empoleon but somehow managed to hit 3 Empozongs and only one GG throughout the tournament. However, someone from my area played GG mirror for the first 7 of 9 rounds, so it was definitely there.

It seems like with GG winning so many big events its position as the top deck will only be strengthened. I'm expecting a slightly more diverse "other" in the grinder due to the internationalism of the event and with different decks doing relatively well (Torterrible, Meatloaf, etc.), but with even more GG and slightly less empozong (Scizor's prediction may be fairly accurate :nonono:).

33-40% GG
    10-15% Empozong
    ~40-50% Counters, Pokedad.dec, Everything Else