Lavaflow too strong?

Discussion in 'Random Topic Center' started by smileydude560, Nov 11, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
  1. smileydude560

smileydude560 New Member

I got the SW Lavaflow and slightly changed it and I played my brothers and I was unbeatable. All I did was change the trainers. Can anyone tell me why?

2. larllt

larllt New Member

uhhhh...what decks are your brothers playing?

3. B_B_C

B_B_C New Member

Because your brothers stink or they are playing grass.

4. smileydude560

smileydude560 New Member

One had an extremely powerful fire and a really powerful water.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

I just play-tested it against all of my other custom decks and It PWNED! i played it against a deck with 2 DP Rhyperoir, 2 Pk Machamp and a MT Rampardos. It pwned. I'm about to try it against a Phycic deck. BTW, my brothers do not stink. for the longest time i had a losing steak ever since i started Pokemon.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2007
  5. Lakak

Lakak New Member

hint hint: tell your brothers to wake up first before playing them.

6. B_B_C

B_B_C New Member

how about posting the deck list? Then we will deside if lavaflow is 'broken'.

7. taylor2007

taylor2007 New Member

pm me the list

8. smileydude560

smileydude560 New Member

Magmortar 1
    Magmar 3
    Venusaur 1
    Ivysaur 2
    Bulbasaur 4
    Charmeleon 3
    Charmander 4
    Growlithe 3
    Arcanine 1
    DP Heracross 1
    MT Tropius 1
    Team Galactic's Mars 2
    Pokeball 2
    Dusk Ball 1
    Pro elm's Training Method 2
    Team Galactic's Wager 1
    Bebe's Search 1
    Note: this is my slightly modified version. Find the original at http://www.theintoy.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=3312

I worked for my parents for 4 hours to get this deck. (easy) Click. That Was Easy.

9. Absoltrainer

Absoltrainer Active Member

you have no bulbasaur

10. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

Sorry, but Magmortar is by no means broken. Blissey has a similar attack that truly is broken. Why not try that? Something must be wrong if your brothers can't bring down a single Magmortar...

11. smileydude560

smileydude560 New Member

oops i forgot to list that.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

its the trainers. they enable me to get any of my strong pokemon within 4 turns. w00t

Last edited: Nov 11, 2007
  12. hectagonman

hectagonman New Member

Hmm it seems you just play casual. If you played actual Premier tournaments you'd get stomped.

13. larllt

larllt New Member

Unless your opponents are on aquadots, you'll have a hard time with this at tournies.

14. Sandslash7

Sandslash7 <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

In actual tournaments, It's pretty standard to get out the Pokemon you need by T2/3 tops. T4 is pushing the ability of your deck to come back from that far behind in setup time.

Blissey is easily T2-3 doing 40-60 damage, and Mario is doing 40+20 by T2/3 as well.

Magmortar can't hold a candle (pardon the pun) to the common decks out in normal tourneys.

If you want, you can post your list in the deck help and strategy forum, and we can give it an overhaul.

So, to answer your question: No. Lavaflow is actually a pretty sub-mediocre deck, and not strong...

15. Burninating_Torchic

Burninating_Torchic New Member

Protip: Theme decks, even slightly altered ones, aren't broken.
    In fact, most people use them to make jokes when commenting on how bad another deck is.
    While I'm not arguing that you could have easily defeated your friends in casual play, you usually won't be able to get more than one win (if that) with one at a real tournament.
    Look at some of the decks in the "Archetypes" forum here, and read their strategies. Those are examples of decks that can survive in competitive play.