Lazy Ninja 0.3

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by ShadowOfTyranitar, Nov 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShadowOfTyranitar

ShadowOfTyranitar New Member

Pokemon 20
    4 Slakoth(Slack Off)
    4 Vigoroth(Rage)
    3 Slaking
    4 Nincada(Leech Life)
    3 Ninjask(Quick Touch)
    2 Dunsparce

Trainers 24
    4 Switch
    2 Balloon Berry
    3 Memory Berry
    4 Professor Oak's Research
    2 Oracle
    3 Copycat
    2 Pokemon Fan Club
    2 Town Voulenteers
    2 Claw Fossil

Energy 16
    16 Grass Energy

Last edited: Nov 25, 2003
  2. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

hmmmm.... try using Brineys instead of Potion. With Slaking active, and a Built up Vigoroth/Slaking on Bench, Briney can be another way to retreat/re-use Slakings attack.

Also try adding some Boost. I know that you have to discard a Basic energy, but Boost can quicken Slaking and be a nice early suprise card teamed with some Rare Candies.

So try this....
    -2 Potion
    -2 Fan Club
    -3-4 Grass
    - Vigoroth
    -1 Nincada

+3 Brineys
    +3 Rare Candy
    +3-4 Boost

Can get you turn 2 100 damage, not shabby

3. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

Why not Roselia instead of Shedinja???

4. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Because not only does Shedinja combo well wit Ninjask, but it is a better version of SS Wobbuffet.

PS, try the Pressure stadium that gives your Grass Pokemon a +10 HP bonus. Works wonders, especially Shedinja....

5. ShadowOfTyranitar

I'll consider that Spectreon, especially considering that Magneton and Ampharos ex are the only truly good electrics in the format, and Shedinja can destroy both of them.

6. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

No Problem, though now that I rememebr its first attack, Roselia isnt bad. Add 2 Grass from your hand to 1 of your Pokemon... but I think Shedinja is better for stall

7. MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan New Member

HOW does shejneda destroy amphy? the mareeps arent horrible at all and there is a new pichu that can ohko it. I dont even see the point of playing ninjask and shenjda in this deck it seems like a waste of space to me.

8. Dro~

Dro~ New Member

Flaafy can KO shedinja in one hit. Also if an amphy deck has SS electabuzz, it can also OHKO shedinga even if shedninja's benched.

9. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Flaffy CANNOT KO a Shedinga, it cant even touch it. Shedinja is uneffected by attacks from evolved and EX pokemon...... Buzz can easily kill it though....

10. Dro~

Dro~ New Member

woops, I somehow thought flaafy is a basic. sorry my bad.

11. If your going to have Ningask's with Quick Touch in your deck without Shedinga take out the Quick Touch Ningask and, replace them with the Sonic Wing Ningask.

12. Dendrobatida

Dendrobatida New Member

Folks, I think you're missing the point of SOT's deck here. The shedinja would be just tech, much like
    your wobbuffetts and the like. Ninjask's attack works quite well with Slaking, offering a free return with added energy. I like the idea of ninjask ripping for thirty, moving to the bench, leaving it's energy up active, and having a big ol' slaking gobble it up to be ready to nail the opponent for 100 the next turn, all while preventing powers. And if you can get a little shedinja in there just in case, well then heck, why not? It also allows you to take advantage of the "ninjask to shedinja" attack, where you attack with ninjask, bring up the shedinja, and leave them in a position where they can't attack if they're -ex or evolved.

Some other things to consider or disregard, depending on personal preference:

Mirage stadium - you've got so much switch power, especially with ninjask's attack, that this might be an extra addition worth the space.

Warp Energy-Just another switch card, adds some versatility.

Removal of Wynaut and/or Rainbow energy: Wynaut seems out of place here, since another couple of training methods, oracles, master balls, etc. would accomplish the evolving goal quicker, and without wasting an energy attach. If you like wynaut, why not (no pun intended) just run psychic energy, since almost all of your pokemon use colorless for attacks? I know shedinja can gain a damage counter from one, but shedinja is tech, and won't be your game-breaking attacker. Slaking will, and slaking can't discard a rainbow to use its attack....

Spectreon's suggestions were pretty good, too. Boosty and Briney are nice.

Cheers,

13. ShadowOfTyranitar

Thanks for your comment Dendrobatida. But Ninjask can only move grass from itself, not any other energy. After playing another deck, I've found some flaws in this deck myself, and its likely I'll post another change.

14. Dendrobatida

Dendrobatida New Member

True that, but in the version of the deck I saw, you were only running grass and rainbow (and now, I see, just grass). If you had been running, for some bizarre reason, water energy, or something of that nature, then that would be strange and not take advantage of Ninjask's attack. Ninjask still seems to work pretty well for my money, assuming you're running just the grass.

Cheers,

15. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

How Come you're not running Boost!?!

16. ShadowOfTyranitar

I tried Boost and didn't like it :D

17. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

Meh, to each his own I guess..
    -Swampert

18. Guys , have you looked at his deck. :rolleyes: THERE IS NO SHEDINGA IN IT. :mad:

19. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

That's b/c he edited it APT! :rolleyes:
    -Swampert

Last edited: Nov 26, 2003
  20. Whoops my bad.Hey SOT can you put your deck list down again I hope it's not to much work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.