LBS counter

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by moza, Feb 24, 2006.

1. moza

moza New Member

As we all know, LBS is becoming a popular deck for those who can get the cards, but I think I found a counter: Cacturne ex. If you don't know what it does, it poke-body says your oppenent can't attatch special energy cards from his or her hand to his or her active pokemon unless it is a dark energy or a metal energy. LBS relies on heavy damage from lugia ex and steelix ex, but they don't play any fire,lighting,or fighting energies, so they play a large amount of holons electrode/magneton. Cacturne ex prevents those from being attatched, so cacturne ex is a good tech against LBS if it is heavy in your metegame. Discuss.

2. Garuda

Garuda New Member

But Holon's aren't special energy cards when they are in play (already attached)? While in your hand they are pokemons, dunno if cacturne ex would prevent them for being attached...

3. moza

moza New Member

Some one is the ATM forum asked that question 2 days ago I think... When attatching them, they count as special energy cards, so they could not be attatched

4. Weedler

Weedler New Member

But it only works v. the active pokemon.

Warp to bring up Pidgeot, attach Holon's Electrode, free retreat pidgeot back for steelix/Lugia gg.

5. ryanvergel

ryanvergel New Member

Because LBS doesn't play switches.

I would stall with Jirachi dx(resistance), load up a steelix or lugia, bring him active, and obliterate cacturne.

6. moza

moza New Member

But cacturne can confuse... which hurts jirachi a lot.

7. ryanvergel

ryanvergel New Member

Confuse for 0 damage. Wow. Guess what I can do?
    Energy rain a water energy with my island cave, and search.
    Or- ignore you. You did 0 damage, I'll just sit and stall you for 3 more turns while I build up beasts you can barely touch.
    Meanwhile, I'm building up a lugia and steelix.
    It'll take about 3 turns to KO jirachi. If I'm not ready, I'll send up another jirachi.
    Once I have a steelix up, there's no way you'll be doing any decent damage. Or, I could simply ohko repeatedly with lugia ex.

GG

8. Flareon

Flareon New Member

Like he said, stall. It doesn't matter if jipoopi cannot use Wishing Star. The opponent will get a good couple of turns and be ready to go. TeCHs have their limitations when it comes to countering a deck as versitle as LBS. If you really fear heavy LBS, Rock-Lock is a really good deck for a tournament, and it tends to do very well agaisnt LBS. 4 Desert Ruins, ATM Rock, fighting T-Tar and Dark Amphy is pretty tough to handle. Not too mention it deos well agaisnt a bunch of other decks as well... which cannot be said for CactEx. Good try though, it'd be nice to find a use for a card that see's as much action as the Swedish Army.:rolleyes:

9. KG1337

KG1337 New Member

definetly not effective at all

10. Papi/Manny

Papi/Manny New Member

Don't think canture ex is a good way to counter LBS, but if you really want to counter LBS that badly, play rhydon. Swam with you big guns while hiding behind him, and there you go. Also, hes a very good attacker against it, hitting steelix for 140, and lugia for 40/70 if sharded.

11. charking

charking New Member

That's prolly why Poli/Doom works well aginst it. Last time I played aginst LBS, my opponent was locked with 10 HP left on Lugia. He actually Rain'd on it just to get out of the lock. Didn't help him, as Blastoise EX was locked the turn after that.

Poli/Doom is insane when consistant like that. It's good aginst EXs by default, can use FR/LG Poliwrath as tech, and can lock stadiums out. It's only real weakness is the limited amount of Pokemon allowed to activate Houndoom's effect. If your opponent runs something that could live with 1-2 Pokemon out, you're boned.

12. blastoise1992

blastoise1992 New Member

Would that be Matt's LBS by any chance? I found Medicham as the counter of my choice.

13. charking

charking New Member

Oh, it's Matt's, yeah. He's actually thinking about running a Switch just because of me:lol:

14. SLOW DECK

SLOW DECK New Member

Speed Kills.
    Nuff said.

15. rokman

rokman <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

Pretty much the only way to win is to steal their deck.

16. WHISCASHEX

WHISCASHEX New Member

Here is the 1 card that can counter LBS: DUSTOX EX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

The only way to counter LBS is to use DUSTOX EX with NINETAILS HL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2006
  17. plaidlesspez

plaidlesspez New Member

Jirachi swarm can still beat you. Sorry. :/

18. TheDarkTwins

TheDarkTwins New Member

I am Pretty Sure That Dustox Ex and Cacturne Ex are gonna be KOed Really Fast If That Player Can Use Latias* Since it 1-Hit KOs Both...
    Drew

19. DocRobot_K-176

DocRobot_K-176 New Member

It really depends on what deck type you are playing. Some elements will probably stand up to it better than others:

Fire - Steelix-ex is weak. Kill it. Magcargo UF and Ninetales HL does the job especially well.
    Water - Tentacruel w/ React. Hit the bench. Can't do much in this case.
    Grass - Desert Ruins + Weezing. Liability.
    Fighting - Steelix-ex is weak. Kill it.
    Electric - The hardest of the lot. There isn't much you can do in this case. Maybe POW! for the Blastoise-ex and kill it. If you are running Fire/Electric, Shining Rayquaza will deliver severe damage to Steelix and Blastoise, while KOing Lugia. You could then use ATM Rock. Game. Getting Ray out is the tricky part, though. Might need to blow up an Electrode-ex...

Psychic - POW! for Lugia- weak. POW! for Blastoise-ex and/or Steelix-ex and use Espeon-ex's Devo Flash. Kill.

For me, I'm not too concerned about countering archetypes. I just build my own deck based on numerous trials and intuition, and hope it works.

20. supertyranitar

supertyranitar New Member

Cacturne ex is severly flawed. It never would beat LBS, I can tell you that, and DocRobot, there are some things that are true about this, but sometimes Lugia won't be played until it really needs to be, plain and simple.