"LCQ" time limit. And more...

Discussion in 'World Championships' started by atomant, Jul 24, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. atomant

atomant New Member

Hello,
    Will the Last Chance Qualifier still have 30 minutes of play time for each round? Will there be a visible clock for all participants to see? Will there be a player cap for the Last Chance Qualifier?

Thank you,
    Atomant

Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  2. TheDarkTwins

TheDarkTwins Active Member

It should still have a 30 minute round. There is usually a clock for all to see. They usually turn it off with 10 minutes left in the round to prevent stalling. I would expect there is a cap, whether it is enforced is another story.

Drew

3. Professor Elm

Professor Elm Active Member

I don't understand why it is legal to have a watch and look at it during the match, yet you cannot know how much time is left under 10 minutes.

I understand it is to prevent stalling, but if someone really wanted to stall that bad they could just bring a watch.

4. yoshi1001

yoshi1001 New Member

Maybe we should just blindfold everybody. :wink:

5. MrMeches

MrMeches New Member

Just to help you out on this one, watches are allowed but if a player continuosly looks at their watch, it could be brought to there attention and penalties could result of the Judge deems it as stalling/rushing. Just remember, if you are wearing it and keep checking time, esp after 10 minutes are turned off, this will send up a red flag!

As a Judge, I vote for this, [DEL]then Taze them[/DEL]!

Fish

6. Professor Elm

Yeah, I understand constantly looking at your watch, but if you just glance at it every few minutes then you'll be ok as well as having a better sense of time.

I really have to remember to wear a watch during the grinder, lol.

7. Rocketman

Rocketman New Member

Oh yeah Kyle, I WILL have my taser with me...........:lol:

8. Professor Elm

lol
    You think I'm afraid?
    I gotta remember to take an EXTRA long time with my moves if I'm playing you. :lol:

9. TheDarkTwins

TheDarkTwins Active Member

I think I'd die of laughter if they gave you a gameloss for stalling because he tasered you and you were unconscious. :tongue:

Drew

10. Mob2099

Mob2099 New Member

Don't taze me BRO!

11. Cyrus

Cyrus Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

^ Lol. :D

Guys, if you're worried about time, you can solve it with two things:

A) In your training for the grinder, practice accelerating your pace.
    B) Call a judge to observe play pace on both sides. Sour grapes are often avoided with a simple time extension.

12. supertyranitar

supertyranitar New Member

Ya got any more of those? :lol:
    If I remember correctly, I don't think they have a visible clock for the Grinder, but I'm not entirely sure. They may end up having one set up. I actually don't see a cap for this event. If there was, I'm sure they would've announced it already.

13. yoyofsho16

yoyofsho16 New Member

Man, I was reading through this thread, dying to post this, and then I got to your post!