Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

"LCQ" time limit. And more...

atomant

Hello,
Will the Last Chance Qualifier still have 30 minutes of play time for each round? Will there be a visible clock for all participants to see? Will there be a player cap for the Last Chance Qualifier?

Thank you,
Atomant

Last edited:
Hello,
Will the Last Chance Qualifier still have 30 minutes of play time for each round? Will there be a visible clock for all participants to see? Will there be a player cap for the Last Chance Qualifier?

Thank you,
Atomant

It should still have a 30 minute round. There is usually a clock for all to see. They usually turn it off with 10 minutes left in the round to prevent stalling. I would expect there is a cap, whether it is enforced is another story.

Drew

It should still have a 30 minute round. There is usually a clock for all to see. They usually turn it off with 10 minutes left in the round to prevent stalling. I would expect there is a cap, whether it is enforced is another story.

Drew

I don't understand why it is legal to have a watch and look at it during the match, yet you cannot know how much time is left under 10 minutes.

I understand it is to prevent stalling, but if someone really wanted to stall that bad they could just bring a watch.

I don't understand why it is legal to have a watch and look at it during the match, yet you cannot know how much time is left under 10 minutes.

I understand it is to prevent stalling, but if someone really wanted to stall that bad they could just bring a watch.

Maybe we should just blindfold everybody. :wink:

Just to help you out on this one, watches are allowed but if a player continuosly looks at their watch, it could be brought to there attention and penalties could result of the Judge deems it as stalling/rushing. Just remember, if you are wearing it and keep checking time, esp after 10 minutes are turned off, this will send up a red flag!

Maybe we should just blindfold everybody. :wink:

As a Judge, I vote for this, [DEL]then Taze them[/DEL]!

Fish

Just to help you out on this one, watches are allowed but if a player continuosly looks at their watch, it could be brought to there attention and penalties could result of the Judge deems it as stalling/rushing. Just remember, if you are wearing it and keep checking time, esp after 10 minutes are turned off, this will send up a red flag!

As a Judge, I vote for this, [DEL]then Taze them[/DEL]!

Fish

Yeah, I understand constantly looking at your watch, but if you just glance at it every few minutes then you'll be ok as well as having a better sense of time.

I really have to remember to wear a watch during the grinder, lol.

Yeah, I understand constantly looking at your watch, but if you just glance at it every few minutes then you'll be ok as well as having a better sense of time.

I really have to remember to wear a watch during the grinder, lol.

Oh yeah Kyle, I WILL have my taser with me...........:lol:

^ Lol. :D

Guys, if you're worried about time, you can solve it with two things:

A) In your training for the grinder, practice accelerating your pace.
B) Call a judge to observe play pace on both sides. Sour grapes are often avoided with a simple time extension.

Oh yeah Kyle, I WILL have my taser with me...........:lol:

Ya got any more of those? :lol:
If I remember correctly, I don't think they have a visible clock for the Grinder, but I'm not entirely sure. They may end up having one set up. I actually don't see a cap for this event. If there was, I'm sure they would've announced it already.

Back