"LCQ" time limit. And more...

Discussion in 'World Championships' started by atomant, Jul 24, 2008.

1. atomant

atomant New Member

Hello,
    Will the Last Chance Qualifier still have 30 minutes of play time for each round? Will there be a visible clock for all participants to see? Will there be a player cap for the Last Chance Qualifier?

Thank you,
    Atomant

Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  2. TheDarkTwins

TheDarkTwins Active Member

It should still have a 30 minute round. There is usually a clock for all to see. They usually turn it off with 10 minutes left in the round to prevent stalling. I would expect there is a cap, whether it is enforced is another story.

Drew

3. Professor Elm

Professor Elm Active Member

I don't understand why it is legal to have a watch and look at it during the match, yet you cannot know how much time is left under 10 minutes.

I understand it is to prevent stalling, but if someone really wanted to stall that bad they could just bring a watch.

4. yoshi1001

yoshi1001 New Member

Maybe we should just blindfold everybody. :wink:

5. MrMeches

MrMeches New Member

Just to help you out on this one, watches are allowed but if a player continuosly looks at their watch, it could be brought to there attention and penalties could result of the Judge deems it as stalling/rushing. Just remember, if you are wearing it and keep checking time, esp after 10 minutes are turned off, this will send up a red flag!

As a Judge, I vote for this, [DEL]then Taze them[/DEL]!

Fish

6. Professor Elm

Yeah, I understand constantly looking at your watch, but if you just glance at it every few minutes then you'll be ok as well as having a better sense of time.

I really have to remember to wear a watch during the grinder, lol.

7. Rocketman

Rocketman New Member

Oh yeah Kyle, I WILL have my taser with me...........:lol:

8. Professor Elm

lol
    You think I'm afraid?
    I gotta remember to take an EXTRA long time with my moves if I'm playing you. :lol:

9. TheDarkTwins

TheDarkTwins Active Member

I think I'd die of laughter if they gave you a gameloss for stalling because he tasered you and you were unconscious. :tongue:

Drew

10. Mob2099

Mob2099 New Member

Don't taze me BRO!

11. Cyrus

Cyrus Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

^ Lol. :D

Guys, if you're worried about time, you can solve it with two things:

A) In your training for the grinder, practice accelerating your pace.
    B) Call a judge to observe play pace on both sides. Sour grapes are often avoided with a simple time extension.

12. supertyranitar

supertyranitar New Member

Ya got any more of those? :lol:
    If I remember correctly, I don't think they have a visible clock for the Grinder, but I'm not entirely sure. They may end up having one set up. I actually don't see a cap for this event. If there was, I'm sure they would've announced it already.

13. yoyofsho16

yoyofsho16 New Member

Man, I was reading through this thread, dying to post this, and then I got to your post!