Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

League Ideas

Raijin08

I was talking to a friend recently who's helping me run a league and we were trying to find other fun ways to play the games to kind of break out of the mold for the players, you know just a way to have a fun mini game for players.
Like maybe having a prof. challenge or a gym leader themed way to battle.

I'd love to hear of any ideas or suggestions.

We've tried different "challenge" tournaments such as building a deck with no EX, or 20 energy/ 20 trainer / 20 Pokemon, things like that. A fun one was Eevee challenge. No limit how many Eevee you used, and you had to use 3 different evolutions.

Another one we came up with, but haven't actually done yet, was to pair up and experienced Master/Senior with a Junior. The. Then the Junior brings in his collection and his partner helps them organize and build a deck from it. Then a tourney ensues.

The last one sounds like a really awesome idea, I was thinking of maybe a doubles tourney in which each person has to have a complimentary deck via element

Here's an idea I read about on Sixprizes recently

Protect The Prince

Add a Ducklett to your deck (61 cards, it's okay).
Whenever you draw Ducklett, you must play him on the Bench. (Always leave an open Bench space if Ducklett is not yet on the field.)
Protect Ducklett at all costs because if Ducklett is knocked out at any time, you forfeit the match.

You could substitute "The Prince" Ducklett with any other pokemon favored by your league. Some of the recent League Promo pokemon would work well here.

Very interesting ideas !

This makes me think o a way I encourage my players to register their account on the Pokémon website. If they do, they get bonus stamps.
Other than that, we enjoy watching a movie every now and then, or ordering pizza. Kids love pizza.

- - - Updated - - -

Very interesting ideas !

This makes me think o a way I encourage my players to register their account on the Pokémon website. If they do, they get bonus stamps.
Other than that, we enjoy watching a movie every now and then, or ordering pizza. Kids love pizza.

Back