~Legacy~ |New|Improved|Proven|FORMAT BREAKING!|W/MATCHUPS!|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krucifier

Legacy...A deck that might resemble Mercury, but it isn't anywhere near it =D

Deck Name: Legacy
Deck Creator: Jared Ivory (Krucifier)

First off let us break down A few things;

This deck is very very very VERY hard to master.

I have played with it in 2 of Australia's Premier Events so far, and I have been working on this deck for close to 7 months! I won my CC and my State Championship! I won my CC 2-0 2-0 2-1 0-2 (only losing because I got hit by the consistancy bug) and at states went 2-0 2-0 2-0 2-0, UNDEFEATED! (just so you know we have best of 3 here!) now it has changed again, and it has been regirously tested, and here it is, the format breaking deck, Legacy!!!!

POKEMON
---------------

1x Wobbuffet PK
1x Gardevoir EM
1x Gardevoir d DS
2x Gardevoir Ex d DF
2x Gardevoir PK
2x Kirlia d D
4x Ralts d D
1x Staryu DS (85/113)
1x Starmie d DS (metal navigation)
4x Holon's Castform
2x Poochyena DX
2x Mightyena Ex HP
2x Nidoran F d DF
1x Nidorina d DF
2x Nidoqueen d DF
1x Latias*

ENERGIES
----------------

5x Psychic energy
2x Fire energy
4x Metal energy

TRAINERS
----------------

1x Copycat
1x Holon Farmer
2x Professor Elm's Training Method
1x Holon Researcher
2x Holon Adventurer
1x Holon Lass
4x Rare Candy
4x Holon Transiever
2x Holon Mentor
2x Windstorm

Let us now meet the Key Players;

Holon's Castform
Holon's Castform is...well...A very very good starter, but depending on the deck your are facing it is not neccesarily needed. It can also be used as a double rainbow energy - which can be useful!!

Gardevoir d DS
Gardevoir - used to move your energy around, it also has two devastating attacks, which, when you play right, can be used to finish the game, for example, keep clustering your energies onto it with Psy Shadow (from Gardevoir PK), slapping down A casty and then energy jump, and then when you garde gets enough damage, send it out, KO one of your opponents benched pokemon and draw your last prize!

Nidoqueen d DF
Nidoqueen is in here as a support personal, it allows you to easily search for pokemon, and it has a very good attack! Nidoqueen in this deck, is used to attack mid-late game, when you have 6+ pokemon in your discard pile, so attach them metals and Vengeance away!

Gardevoir Ex d DF
It's pokepower - Imprison, lets you place an imprison marker on one of your opponents pokemon, any pokemon with an imprison marker cannot use any pokepowers or pokebodies - this is key in winning some of your match ups! plus its attack can be very very beneficial!

Gardevoir PK
This is here because of its power, use it right, and you will be able to instantly power up ANYTHING!

Latias*
Latias*, why is it here? because it absolutely CAINS EX's. you can get it instantly powered every single turn with Gardevoir PK!

Wobbuffet PK
This slightly helps in your Flygon matchup, plus it can be vital in taking out EX's.

Mightyena Ex HP
Mightyena is mainly in here because of it's power, Driving Howl, which can be game breaking and very very devastating. It can be used to attack, but it is not reccomended.

Gardevoir EM
This is here, because it can help heal up your pokemon to recover from attacks, or Psy Shadow - Gardevoir PK's Poke Power.

Starmie d DS
This helps in your energy acceleration. that is all it is in there for, it can be a little bit decent attacker.

Meet this decks Holon Engine
This decks Holon Engine is very, very, very efficient.

It consists of:
4x Holon Transiever
2x Holon Mentor
1x Holon Lass
1x Holon Farmer
2x Holon Adventurer
1x Holon Researcher

This Holon Engine is very very VERY smooth.

STRATEGY

The strategy to this deck? well that is a quite difficult question, I don't have a main strategy, I just play with what I draw. but I guess you might want to consider getting a Queen first and then start building up your Garde army.

This deck isn't meant for over powering your opponents, this deck is meant to outsmart them. and by playing with what you draw, hey, they might think they know what your strategy is, but they won't.

MATCHUPS

FLARIADOS
This is one of the matchups this deck has slight trouble against. you OHKO they're Ariados, and Wobb they're Flareons, or just kill them with Garde, as easy as this sounds, you might have trouble getting set up with them Spider Trapping you all the time.

50~50

METANITE
This is one of your most easiest matchups. Just get out a Gardevoir Ex d and start imprisoning all their powers and hit them hard and fast. this is an auto win. even if they use Sceppy.

Autowin

SALLYGROSS
This is another one of your very very easy matchups. Just imprison them to death and then hit them.
pretty much an autowin.

Autowin

RAIEGGS
This matchup can be A tad tricky, but if you save your stadiums and windstorms for the right moment, you shouldnt have much problem. you can OHKO they're eggs and they're raichu's shouldnt be to much of A problem. Just Black Magic them or something. you will find A way. it isnt *THAT* difficult. But beware and watch ypur HP levels closely...

60~40 Legacy's Favour

POLISTALL
This Matchup...is...well...Weird.
Just imprison all their Fossils and their Dugtrio (lolzors) and just keep attacking their fossils. Do not worry too much about Punch and Run, just heal with Garde EM, and keep attacking the fossils, and then attack the toads when they send them out.

90~10 Legacy's Favour

DESTINY
just use Garde PK to get your Latias* instantly powered every turn and this matchup should be easy pie.

95~5 Legacy's Favour

STANDARD MERCURY
Let me hear INSTANT WIN.
you have the advantage of a faster setup, just hit them hard and fast, and failing that, just out power them!

Auto Win

Boiling Mercury/Scalding Mercury/Mercury d
It is an interesting matchup, just shut off their imprison's and use Wobb.

70~30 Legacy's Favour, but be warned, that could easily switch around if you make A bad decision in this game

LEGACY (mirror match)
ummm...whoever gets luckier with flips...and whoever gets luckier with draw...

50~50

FLYGON
this is the very very worst matchup for you. it is very very difficult seeing as all your pokemon have weakness, you have to outplay them best you can, out of 4 games I played against a Flygon deck I won 2.

30~70 Flygons Favour

BANDOOM
this is a fairly even matchup...if you get the right cards...just stall a bit till you get a garde/ex powered and start eating them before they can get fully powered! or just get a mightyena ex active...and do ultimate ownage!!

50~50 depends on draws/setups

MEWTRIC
Ahhh...the good ol' Mewtric, Just imprison their Mews...and...use Wobb or Latias*...and OWN them.

80~20 your favour

Now always keep in mind, that my deck is extremely hard to learn, and even harder to master, so all those who actually might want to try it, don't give up on it straight away!

FAQS

Q. dis dek su><0rz roflz
A. Wow...Great...

Q. ZOMG NO WAYZ DAT METCHOOP IS [number X] NAWT [number Y] ZOMG n00b
A. It all depends on what TECHS your opponents are running, ALL my testing was done based on the lists that are writtin on the Pokegym + given to me by friends.

Q. dis dek iz 2 hard
A. Keep at it! Do not give up! this deck takes alot of time and patience to learn, and even more to master it!

Q. omg u use [card x] y nawt use [card y]???
A. feel free to change cards in the deck to suit your metagame

Q. zomg no stadium?
A. I usually don't feel the need for any stadiums, not even counter stadiums, I will just save my Windstorms for when I really need them.

Q. zomg nawt nuff drew porew?
A. Translation: I am filthy noob, you have no draw power, Look, this deck has Adventurer, and that is enough draw power for it, you just have to get out a Queen and you can start searching out your Pokemon. quite easy.

Q. omg so manee pokemonz
A. Yes, this allows the deck to be able to withstand alot of things, and give it the edge on anything.

Q. zomg dis mercury variemt
A. any of this and you will be ignored. it has...nothing...to...do...with...freakin...MERCURY!

Q. lol u n00b u use dis @ worlds?
A. If I go, then yes.

Q. u kno day coz u ozzie u be subject to ridicule from evry1
A. Pokepop has said that that won't happen...let's hope its true =D

Your matchups are kinda *dont be pejorative* - especially Destiny. Trust me and Sam on this.
I am sure everyone here will say that, so please fix it before an arguement or any kinds of outburst will arises from the pokegym members.

Lemme say on these "matchups" you think.
FLARIADOS - You think it right.
METANITE - Inaccorect, it well depends on how fast you can get a Garde ex d out. You still lose if they had a T1-3 Sceptyle ex so you cant seal powers. so IT IS NOT AN AUTOWIN.
SALLYGROSS - You may think it is an autowin but hey, Sallys have resistance so u cant do more than 50dmg from any of your fire pokemons but mightyena ex might cut it but meh. dont ever call it an autowin.
RAIEGGS - You got the matchup right but make it more of 55-45.
POLISTALL - I assume you got it right.
DESTINY - This is very well varies on their usage of techs. Most of the time it would be 50-50 but it would be 35-65 in Destiny's favour if they have the right techs which murders your deck.
STANDARD MERCURY - It depends on the weakness you have. You might be unlucky or maybe not so stop staying this is an autowin.
Boiling Mercury/Scalding Mercury/Mercury d - Same as standard mercury.
FLYGON - Make it 55-45 and the rest of the matchup you said is accurate.
BANDOOM - You said the matchup accurately.
MEWTRIC - It all depends on weakness so i think its better to say its 65-35 in your deck favour.

Your Q&A are also really st00pid. Please do not use 1337-speak here, you will get a large amount of infraction points for these if you do not fix this problem, Trust me on this. Please fix it by inserting a Translation line on these Q&A stuff.

Your pokemon line up may be a bit messy...but meh.
Trainers are all good but please make it two more windstorms...
ENergies. No comment.

And thats all you can hear from me, nuff said =)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back