Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Lickilicky's good?!?!?

KAZUTO!!!

Hi, I've seen some people say that Lickilicky's good, but I just can't seem to see WHY it is good.

It's second attack is terrible; 80 okay, but not being able to attack next turn makes this attack bad.

It's first attack does 20, but before you do damage, you switch the Defending Pokemon with a Benched Pokemon, which provides nice disruption. Then, you flip a coin, and if it's heads, the Defending Pokemon is now Paralyzed. This is an okay move, because it may provide a nice disrupter, but low damage output and flippiness lowers it's power.

I don't think it's good, but can you just clear that up for me?:confused:

Decent Basic, decent first attack, good HP. That doesn't look too bad...

Sure, weakness isn't that great... Except that Gallade's your only major problem. Surely there's some way to get around Gallade. If you can do that, does its weakness even really matter?

Retreat isn't great either. Again, can't you find a way around that? Weavile and Gardevoir LV.X come to mind.

I'd think of Lickilicky as more of an Anti-starter. Basic to paralyze opponent's starter, evolution to screw up set up... You CAN Boost for a possible KO on whatever you drag up, should you feel the need. Etc. On it's own though, Lickilicky is completely worthless and not worth looking at. But can Magmortar fit into a Gardevoir list? I don't think so...

The first attack is pretty much the reason it's good, a GoW effect with damage and the chance to paralyze. I believe someone mentioned using it with Weaville SW, which'll let you power one up quicker with the Special Dark (and regular Dark) energies and temporarily turn Lickylicky into a Dark type so he can take advantage of the Special Dark.

The first attack is pretty much the reason it's good, a GoW effect with damage and the chance to paralyze. I believe someone mentioned using it with Weaville SW, which'll let you power one up quicker with the Special Dark (and regular Dark) energies and temporarily turn Lickylicky into a Dark type so he can take advantage of the Special Dark.

Weavile also gives free retreat~ Moonlight Stadium~

And Lickilicky WOULD need the damage boost from Special Dark, now that I think about it. Dragging off for 40 damage (w/ 2 special dark) and possible paralyze, and it has 2 Colorless as energy cost actually doesn't sound too bad, considering the basic's attacks and the HP of Lickilicky.

That second attack though just can't avoid looking like trash...

It's weakness to fighting makes it unplayable at the moment. As long as Lucario and Gallade are played, Lickilicky won't be worth playing (imho).

Part of the reason why people like it is probably the "Lickilicky Factor." Who can resist playing a giant pink blob with a tongue far longer than its own height? I have a little trouble with that :lol:.

Well, it has a little bit of sniping power. It has good HP. It can make the opponent VERY mad by forcing them to switch and then Paralyzing. If this dude ever becomes popular, Switch and Warp Point would be the obvious solution to counter.

So, it's second attack is terrible, but it's first is good. It is a good card in a bad format for colourless cards. It's first attack has low damage output (20), but combined with Weavile, it can do 40 to the Defending Pokemon. It's Retreat Cost is bad, but again Weavile and Moonlight Stadium clears that up. It has the worst Weakness possible in this format, with Gallade running around, which is why it is hard to play at the moment. Ninetails MT helps here, along with some other cards. It's second attack is terrible: it does 80, but then he can't attack next turn. So, it's a good card, just not a card you should center a deck on. Is this right?

I dunno, Lickylicky could be "ok" against G&G, if you can somehow get Lickylicky set up turn 2 and start shuffling their Ralts around while damaging them, it'd make it slightly harder for them to power any one up without it dying.

But yeah, G&G, Lucario, and even Ramparados makes Lickylicky break out in sweat.

^Good point. I suppose it could go in as a "starter", slowing the opponent down (good-bye Banette and Kriketune!). You just couldn't base a deck around it.

I've got a really cool and wierd idea with it. The reason it is good is the disruption and delta basic with a cool starting attack. I'll give you a hint to my idea it is water & also paralyzes.

Holon WP and Holon FF play Psychic and Fire. It with Gardevoir isnt bad but its something better out there with it cuz u wanna abuse Cessation crystals

Back