Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Life Drain and Darkness Energy

SteveP

Correct me if I'm wrong. Darkness energy (as it know reads) does 10+ damage when attached to an attacking Darkness-type Pokemon, regardless of whether the attack "damages" the defending Pokemon.

Now, if a Darkness-type Pokemon could somehow do a Life Drain attack, and Darkness Energy was attached, wouldn't that be a certain KO (if heads was flipped)?

Last edited:
Darkness doesn't add more damage when you are "placing" damage counters. So no you can not knock out somebody with life drain IF they had a darkness NRG attached and IF they were darkness pokemon.

And the same goes for Strength Charm too, I guess. Speaking of "placing damage". Does anything add to or reduce this kind of "damage"? Like buffer piece attatched to the defending pokemon or a poke-power that either protects from damage (like Flygon's) or a poke-power that adds damage to the other attacking pokemon (in 2-on-2 play)??

If it is like I think it is... then "put" damage means nothing can alter the damage done until the attack is over.

I asked about what type of attack gains the +10 bonus from the new wording on darkness energy a while back. I don't remember getting a reply but then again my memory isn't you know thingy. LOL

there were a variety of options

1) All attacks
2) Has to be designed to do damage (but may fail)
3) has to actually do damage.

Life Drain is an effect rather than a 'do damage' so option 1) would be necessary for it to be a KO.

Sings: Memories Da Da daa da dee da dumm...

http://www.pokegym.net/showthread.php?t=1418

http://www.pokegym.net/showthread.php?t=3058

So its either 2) or 3) or 4) !

[Advanced Search substitues beautifully for faulty memory ;)]

Last edited:
Daddiursa said:
If it is like I think it is... then "put" damage means nothing can alter the damage done until the attack is over.

You're right, Daddiursa. Also, since Kirlia is not a dark-type Pokemon, it wouldn't get the extra damage from darkness energy anyway, I think.

Back