Lightning Bolt

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by chriscobi634, Oct 31, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chriscobi634

chriscobi634 New Member

Pokemon: 15
    3-3 Manetric (MT)
    3-3-3 Ampharos (SW)

Trainers: 30
    4 Celio
    4 Quick Ball
    4 Great Ball
    4 Castaway
    2 TGW
    2 Oak's Visit
    2 Rowan
    2 Warp Point
    3 Buffer Piece
    2 Strength Charm
    1 Night Maintenance

Energy: 15
    3 Scramble
    3 DRE
    9 Lightning

The strategy is to bench hit your opponent's pokemon with either Ampharos or Manectic. Both of their attacks have requiments, but are better then Empoleon's of fliping for the 20, and these two guys can do it to more then just one. 99.9% of the format plays NRG, (Monarchy with Queens out, or Blissey on the bench) or the same type. Again, like my fossil deck, i'm not really looking for help, unless you playtest with it and post the fixes it would need AFTER playtesting. I'm just posting so you gymmers have some fun with it, and possibly the deck could good.

2. Jayson

Jayson Active Member

You're going to want some form of colorless energy for Ampharos so his attack is as efficient as possible. And the problem with Amphy and Manetric is they can't really use scramble all that well because most of the damage from their attacks ends up hitting the active Pokemon, and you have no way of controlling when you get a knockout.

3. Ho Megas Alexandros

Ho Megas Alexandros New Member

To get around the pesky problem of knocking out someone's pokemon and thus ending the effect of your scrambles, try playing warp point. Most people will send up their only pokemon that doesnt get knocked out as to save themselves from losing another prize to you. You have to be sneaky though, you don't want them to sacrifice pokemon either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.