Lights Out - Unlimited "NO" energy Deck

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Master_Prof_Juggie, May 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Prof_Juggie

Master_Prof_Juggie New Member

Giday

I had some people PM me when i mentioned this deck in another thread.

I've posted it here for anyone else to see & comment. I DON'T want rubbish comments about how you think it's bad or that it won't work. Until you've tried it in proper games against different opponents, you won't be able to really offer your constructive comments.

For those that are interested in it's background & stats ... Played 100+ games ... Wins 83%.

Those that have registered for "My Pokemon" will be able to confirm this ... New Zealand has 7 of the top 10 World POP ranked Unlimited players. This deck has beaten all but 1 of them (# 10).

It's been used in Major tournaments & finished 2nd overall when it was leading 5 prizes to 2 and decked. The opponent was playing Sneasal / Rocket Zapdos in the final.

It's gone through a number of modifications as each new series comes out. These days, decking is almost non existant for me.

Pokemon ( 22 )

3 x Snorlax (Jungle)
    3 x Elekid (Genesis)
    4 x Oddish (Rocket)
    4 x Dark Gloom (Rocket)
    3 x Abra (Base)
    2 x Kadabra (Base)
    3 x Alakazam (Base)

Trainers ( 38 )

2 x Scoop Up (Base)
    4 x Pokemon Center (Base)
    4 x Energy Removal (Base)
    2 x Pokemon Breeder Fields (Revelation)
    2 x Gust of Wind (Base)
    3 x Gold Berry (Genesis)
    4 x Professor Elm (Genesis)
    4 x Rare Candy (Sandstorm)
    2 x Item Finder (Base)
    3 x Copycat (Expedition)
    4 x Nightly Garbage Run (Rocket)
    2 x Mirage Stadium (Skyridge) - Flip to Retreat

As you can see, this deck uses Pokemon Powers to do it's work. It also takes advantage of the Confusion damage to aid it in it's work. It WINS most of it's games by taking Prizes, not decking the opponent.

Muk is obviously the biggest problem, but i have beaten Muk decks. I just try to survive long enough to deck them instead. Slowking creates problems, but these too can be overcome.

There are other weaknesses, but Muk & Slowking have been the bissest problems to date.

2. Physics Squirrel

Physics Squirrel New Member

I think I could beat it without much trouble. But I play Muk so that's no surprise.
    What are the Dark Glooms for? Do you mean Dark Vileplume? You must mean Dark Vileplume. (Make sure that two are the error ones that are weak to fighting) Dark Vileplume is just evil.

Your only search is Breeder Fields, Elm, and, Copycat. This deck doesn't look like it could survive a really fast deck. Damage Swapping won't help you against a lot of things. Nobody has HP over 100 and lots of decks can do over 100, some by turn 2. A turn 2 Feraligatr w/ Parasect or something could win. But then again, I've never played against this deck, so please point it out if I'm wrong.

How does this deck win by taing prizes?!? You mean to say that Elekid takes prizes faster than your opponent?

Having high ranked players in your area just means that they've won a lot of games. If they never play anyone anywhere else, there's no way of telling if they actually are as good as their ranking.

Or wait, does Dark Gloom have the Confusion pokemon power? Ohhhh, so you send out Snorlax, Swap off all the damage, confuse with Gloom with no risk of confusing Snorlax. Then you attack with Elekid. That's actually not bad. I forgot what Dark Gloom did... So the deck's better than I thought it was. Still I could most likely beat it. Then again,I haven't played Unlimited in a loooong time. There are never Unlimited tournaments in our area.

3. Dek

Dek New Member

I take off my hat to this one. This is a very unique deck idea, and I can already see how effective it can be in a game (i can vision things in my head).

My only suggestion would be to find a way to put in Pokemon Fan Club. That way, you can get an Elekid out really fast and deal some damage.

Last edited: May 12, 2004
  4. Master_Prof_Juggie

Master_Prof_Juggie New Member

Giday

You got it in the end there Squirrel, YES i confuse with Gloom & hit with Elekid. Alot of opponents try it hit while confused, normally because i'm Energy Removing their bench.

Others try to retreat, which in the past before Nintendo, was awesome for removing their energies. In those days, i used Rockets Training Gym to increase the retreat costs by 1, slowed down those pesky babies or free retreat decks.

Moving damage around allows me to absorb upto approx 250 before i Pokemon Centre it all away or just Scoop Up the Snorlax on the bench & replay it again.

My normal bench is ... Snorlax active along with Snorlax, Alakazam, Gloom, Gloom, Elekid.

Once it's set up & going to plan, i normally end up with over 1/2 my deck in hand before i elm it back again.

I remember one year when i was using Trash Exchange as a laugh. I Energy Removed 23 times in 1 game (4 x Er, Item Finders & Trash) LOL :p

5. Ultramew

Ultramew New Member

I used to run a deck similar to this, except I had Dark Dugtrio in it. Sinkhole really caused Frustration to retreating.

6. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

First Unlimited deck I have liked in a long time. Nice concept.

7. dld4a

dld4a Feature Writer

WOW! 1st deck I've seen that might be able to beat my Cleffable/Jumpluff consistantly. Upping the gusts might help against Muk. Dk. Plume (the one your not using on purpose) should also hurt you (but it loses to most everything else anyway).

8. AXE

AXE New Member

major props. Its been a while since ive seen an unlimited deck i like my self. I might just but it together so i can finally beat my dads Clefable/Jumpluff deck. Like i said Major PROPS.
    DAve III

9. dld4a

dld4a Feature Writer

I can't believe it took me as long as it did to figure out how to beat this deck. 1 Magby and 1 Recycle NRG will beat this every time. You can tech it up to get around Magby but it would still be a long row to hoe.

10. Mob2099

Mob2099 New Member

neat deck but im going to add my tweeks in, see what you think:

pokemon(21)

3 x Snorlax (Jungle)
    3 x Elekid (Genesis)
    4 x Oddish (Rocket)
    4 x Dark Gloom (Rocket)
    3 x Abra (Base)
    1 x Kadabra (Base)
    3 x Alakazam (Base)

Trainers ( 39 )

3 x Scoop Up (Base)
    4 x Pokemon Center (Base)
    4 x Energy Removal (Base)
    2x pokemon trader
    4 x Gust of Wind (Base)
    4 x Professor Elm (Genesis)
    2 x Rare Candy (Sandstorm)
    3x oracle
    3 x Item Finder (Base)
    4 x por
    3x town volunteers
    3 x Mirage Stadium (Skyridge) - Flip to Retreat

11. Dek

Dek New Member

hey MPJ...

I was thinking about another idea that would be good with this deck...

Fossil Gengar!

It would replace the Alakazam evo line, but i have thought of using Elekid's Playful punch and Dark Glooms power to deal damage, and then use Gengars power to move a damage counter to another one of your opponents pokemon (great way to kill baby pokemon). It might not be as effective as Alakazam, but it could be a good way to deal about 50 damage (if you get all 3 gengars out and flip heads for playful punch) every turn

12. Ultramew

Ultramew New Member

Your only weakness in this deck is really the pokemon with resistance. I suppose the confusion factor helps, but not by a lot, eh?

13. GengarRocks21

GengarRocks21 New Member

Nice deck. I have thought of a way to really beat it though, Goop Gas Attack. It was probably one of the most worthless cards in the game but it would through your deck way out of whack.

14. blastoise1992

blastoise1992 New Member

If you do decide to take out the "Kazam line and replace w/ gengar. Add in slowbro to do the same thing.

15. kiwill

kiwill New Member

Maybe some R drowsee for fun ^^

16. Dek

Dek New Member

You realize how old this thread is, right?

...right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.