Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

"limited to playing 1 Stadium card per turn"

Status
Not open for further replies.

drackmere

I have been discussing this issue with someone, and we have different interpretations on what this ruling in the EX Ruby & Sapphire rulebook actually means.

I think it means that I could use the effect of a Stadium card already in play, then play a Stadium card from my hand to remove the old stadium, and still be able to use my new stadium's effect. (This would agree with a previous, old ruling on Healing Fields, allowing you flip for the original Healing Fields, play a new Healing Fields for your hand, and still be able to flip again for a new Healing Fields.)

The other person believes that it means that you can't play 2 stadiums on the same turn, and you can't use the effects of 2 different stadiums on the same turn. The other person also says that this interpretation complies with the Japanese rules prohibiting both of those actions.

Which line of thinking is correct, or are we both a little off-track?

Thank you in advance for any help you can send our way.

We'll ask it, but for now at least, the old ruling is still in effect.
That is, you could, say, flip a coin for Lucky Stadium and then play Healing Fields and flip a coin for that. We'll confirm if this is to change at the next rules meeting.

You are not limited to using just one per turn,just playing (from your hand) one per turn.But as `Pop said,it`s good to ask it just for the sake of asking.

`Sensei

Last edited:
Here's an answer, fresh from the meeting:
== TRAINERS IN GENERAL
Q. Could I use the effect of a Stadium card already in play, then play a Stadium card from my hand to remove the old stadium, and still be able to use my new stadium’s effect?
A. Yes, provided you have not already played a Stadium card that turn. (Nov 6, 2003 PUI Rules Team)

Enjoy,
- CHRISBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back