Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

List of 2013 States/Provincials

TAndrewT

Son_of_Apollo maintained a thread last year on locations of State Championship tourneys that I found really helpful, and I thought I would continue the tradition. I have scanned the web--including the S/P/T forum, pokemon.com, and PTO/host websites and facebook pages--for info on State/Provincial Championship tourneys, and I've compiled the list below. If any of you have info on the "unknown" dates at the bottom, please let me know, and I'll update the list. (Please include source info that I can link to if you can.)

Here's what I've found so far:

First Weekend: Sat. 3/9
Arizona
Connecticut
Georgia
Idaho
Illinois
Louisiana (source)
Nebraska
North Carolina (source)
Ohio
Oklahoma
Ontario
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Virginia

First Weekend: Sun. 3/10
Hawaii (source)

Second Weekend: Sat. 3/16
Alabama (source)
Alberta
Arkansas (source)
California
Colorado (source)
Delaware
Kentucky
Maine (source)
Maryland
Michigan (source)
Missouri
New Hampshire
New York (source)
Texas
Utah
Washington
Wisconsin

Third Weekend 3/23:
British Columbia
Florida
Indiana (source)
Iowa (source)
Kansas
Massachusetts
Minnesota (source)
Mississippi (source)
Nevada
New Jersey (source)
New Mexico
Quebec
South Carolina (source)
Tennessee

Last edited:
I am really, really upset that Kansas and Missouri are on the same weekend. That makes no sense to me AT ALL. Kansas states is by far the closes 2nd state championship for almost all Missouri players. For me, this means it'll had an extra 4+ hours of driving plus a hotel stay, which means I may not be going to 3 States any more. Really, really frustrating.

I am really, really upset that Kansas and Missouri are on the same weekend. That makes no sense to me AT ALL. Kansas states is by far the closes 2nd state championship for almost all Missouri players. For me, this means it'll had an extra 4+ hours of driving plus a hotel stay, which means I may not be going to 3 States any more. Really, really frustrating.

Oh no!

Your gonna have to DRIVE an extra FOUR hours. Oh NO.

FWIW, I drive 5 hours to my own State Championship, 10 hours to bordering Nevada and 12 hours to Bordering Arizona, or I can drive 12 hours up to Oregon too.

Kansas might be changing to the 3rd weekend. Nothing fully announced, but a probability that this change will happen. Steve Ferral chose the 2nd weekend cause Vince chose the 3rd, but got binded to the 2nd, so Steve MIGHT change the dates to the 3rd.

The PTOs all try and coordinate our dates to maximize our attendance but we are also at the mercy of availability of our venues.

Some of us are more flexible than others, but getting a venue that can easily handle 100+ players can be problematic.

Or in the case of Tennessee States...I am going to be on a cruise both weekends prior...we do also have to schedule around our personal lives as well...I like to think I get top priority when it comes to making my schedule.

NY is second weekend per the TO. Announced at pre release.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Hurray! This is a great change and I'm glad the PTOs are working together so well.

What happened was Missouri was originally scheduled for third weekend, so Kansas went second. Then Vince/Yeti got tapped to run TCG events for Wizard World/St. Louis Comic Con, which is also third weekend, so Missouri moved up a week. That was a fairly recent development (I think it happened after Regionals), so it just took us a while to confirm everything and make sure we had it all straight.

We always aim to put Kansas, Missouri, and Nebraska on separate weekends if it's at all possible. We love our border wars here in the Great Plains :)

I announced VA States today at the prerelease, so you might as well put it here: March 9.

Back