Live And Let Live

Discussion in 'Pokemon Fan Fiction' started by The Fish King, Nov 11, 2003.

1. The Fish King

The Fish King New Member

I hope you guys like this story. I was really excited when I saw there was a FanFiction Forum, but then I saw the rating limit. My best works are not suitable for small children. So I decided to start this all new story and write it within the perameters set here.

Live And Let Live
    by, The Fish King

"Since the world was created there have been great beasts entrusted with five keys to maintain ballance in nature. Each of these five beasts are respected and revered by every nation. Three of these creatures are Titans, one is a great Guardian, and one is a God.

"Each of the lesser beasts have great power indeed - controlling Ice, Fire, Water, and Electricity - but the power over life and death itself, that is the greatest power there has ever been. That is the power I seek. That is the power I shall attain."

"Traitor!" the man listening to the the tale cried. "We shall never allow you to get away with this. The G-Men will stop all actions that threaten the world. I thought I could trust you! You are one of the best on the team!"

"Ha ha," the red-haired man chuckled, "and I was hoping for your support. I figured that with your past dealings with matters like this--"

"That was a long time ago," the man sitting in the chair in the center of the large circular room interjected.

"Even so," the other continued as he rose from his chair and smoothed the wrinkles out of his cape. "Your resistance is not a substantial loss. I will gain my prize." He stepped toward the door.

"I can't let you do this. I can't let this happen again. You know what happens when the ballance is disturbed."

"Goodbye, Lawrence."

The door clicked shut. Lawrence stood up from his chair and walked to one of the many massive windows in the room to see a man on a Dragonite fly away. He reached into his pocket and withdrew a small card with a picture of a Mew on it.

"What do we do now?" he asked it.

That was the first part of a rather long story. I hope you enjoyed it. More to come shortly.

2. The Fish King

The Fish King New Member

"This place is really beautiful," Misty said.

"Yeah, I'm glad we stopped here on our way to Viridian City. It's nice to be able to stop our lives for a day or two and just enjoy the scenery," Brock replied.

"I guess we do deserve a rest after the Silver Conference," Ash commented.

"Pika, pika," Pikachu chimed.

Ash and his friends had arrived at Tohjo Falls for a much deserved vacation. They had really pushed themselves at the Silver Conference just days before. Ash hadn't felt himself since he had lost to Harisen, so Misty and Brock decided to detour to the falls to try to lift Ash's spirits. It worked. He was feelling better all ready. The cool mist of the mild waterfall filled the air of the cave and the scent of cherry blossoms wafted in from outside. The weather had been wonderful and it seemed that the Tohjo Falls were the very embodiment of perfect. There was no way a person couldn't relax in that palace of peace.

"How about we go swimming before we eat lunch?" Misty suggested while fishing trough her backpack for her swimsuit. She had meant the statement as the final word without any chance of arguement, but she wanted to be polite about it.

"Sure! That sounds fun," Ash replied. He actually wanted to eat lunch but he knew better than to contradict Misty.

"You guys go ahead and I'll fix lunch. I have something special planned," Brock said as he started setting up the cooking equipment.

"Okay then," Misty replied as she took her swimsuit with her into the dressing rooms lining the beach of the waterfall. When she returned she noticed that Ash hadn't changed his clothes at all. Instead he had begun battling a rather attractive female trainer. Misty was not pleased.

"Get up, Tauros! You can do it!" Ash cried. Ash's Tauros slowly stumbled to its feet. It was breathing heavily and could barely stand up. Its opponent wasn't doing any better.

"Hang in there, Swampert!" Ash's opponent pleaded. "Body Slam!" Her massive amphibious Pokémon did as ordered and ran toward its target.

"Skull Bash!" Ash ordered. His Tauros lowered its head and charged at the oncoming Pokémon. A loud crack was heard as the two beasts collided. A cloud of dust engulfed them as the force caused the dirt to fly. When the smoke cleared, a fainted Tauros was laying on the ground next to a Swampert in the same condition.

"Swampert, return," she called as a red beam of light engulfed the blue Pokémon recalling it into its confinement. "Hmph!" She stormed away in disbelief.

"No! You can't go yet!" Brock cried, running up to her.

"Oh, no you don't," Misty caught his ear before he reached her.

"Ow! But I didn't even... Ow! catch... Ouch! her name!" he cried, tears streaming down his cheeks.

"Is lunch ready yet?" she asked.

"Huh? What lunch?"

"The one you were making before she arrived."

"Oh that..." He looked back at the stove. "Oh no! It's burning!" He rushed back top try to salvage the food.

"Didn't you want to go swimming?" Ash asked, who had by then recalled his Tauros.

"Not any more." She was mad at Ash, but would never admit it.

"Uh... Okay..." Ash said, oblivious as to why she changed her mind. "Who's that?" Ash asked as he turned to look at the falls. A man was standing on top of the waterfall with his arms raised in the air. In one of his hands he held what appeared to be a multicolored feather.

Brock looked up at him. "Hey, isn't that?"

Ding... Ding... Ding...

"What? Can it be?"

"Lets check it out!"

The two men ran out of the gym and headed through Ecruteak City toward the Tin Tower. The ringing grew louder and louder as the approached the massive pagoda. "They're definately ringing," Morty exclaimed as they reached the tower. They stopped and stared at the tower in awe. The metal bells had rung before, when the crystal ones had been stolen. Yet, this sound was diffenent. The clinking of metalic chimes were there - there was no doubt about that - but there was another sound there; a faint ping, like glass or crystal. That could only mean one thing.

"Let's go take a look," Eusine suggested. They ran into the tower and up the flights of stairs into the Crystal Room. The sound of ringing crystal was deafening. The bells, however, were not moving, nor were they hanging straight down. Each of the tree bells, with their strings taught, were pointed southwest. It was as if they were being pulled.

"What's going on?!" Morty cried over the roar of the crystal bells.

"I don't know!" Eusine yelled back, "but it seems that they want us to go that way!" He pointed to the same direction that the bells were.

"Right! Let's go then!"

Last edited: Nov 11, 2003
  3. Joe Monkey

Joe Monkey New Member

Uh-oh it's a Fish King story be prepred to get hook on his storys:)

4. Kasanova

Kasanova New Member

Pretty nice work, little hard to follow though. Take care,

Kasanova

5. The Fish King

The Fish King New Member

Thanks for the suport guys. I really enjoy reading cheers.

About it being hard to follow, that is intentional. I always leave my readers guessing in the beginning. Backplot is usually revealled throughout the story. Be sure to watch for them.

Anyway, I will be out of town for a few days so expect the next segment when I come back on Sunday. That will also give me a chance to figure out the one segment of the story I have no idea how I'm going to make work. That segment IS the next one.

Until then.

6. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Hard to follow? Not really. How often have you seen movies, episodes or stories of Pokemon that take place a t the same time in 3 different locations with different characters...... as long as they all come together in the end, and i am assuming that they do.....

7. The Anaconda

The Anaconda New Member

Yeah, yeah they do. Just hold out people, you won't regret it.

Heheheh. I know the ending! :p

(of course that's because he tried writing this once before about six months ago... he wrote out the entire outline, then gave it to me to look over. then I accidentally lost it!)

8. The Fish King

The Fish King New Member

Sorry about the delay on the next post, but I have been working on getting a website finished by its due date. I'll get it written soon. Thanks for understanding.

9. The Fish King

The Fish King New Member

"Dat's Lance all right," Meowth whispered.

"What do you think he's doing here?" James whispered back, adjusting the magnification on his binoculars. They, along with Jessie, were hidden in the shadows atop the Tohjo Falls. They were deep in the cave well on the other side of the pool as Lance.

Lance Mangum stood on a stone jutting out of the water close to the edge of the waterfall. Water rushing from an underwater tunnel filled the lake atop the cliff. In turn, that water flowed around the Dragon Master's ankles and cascaded down the rockface like a tail of an elegant Goldeen until it landed in an inlet of the ocean in a resounding roar. Lance's cape billowed with the rising air from the crashing mist below. He stretched his arms high above his carrot-hued hair. In one hand he grasped a feather that seemed to possess every color imaginable. Colors streamed up and down, back and forth. Shades played off each other and swirled in an endless cycle of perfection.

"Hey, look at his face," Jessie noted. "What's that thing he's wearing?"

Lance was indeed wearing an odd-looking device. Covering his left eye was a view screen with tiny readouts that could were only readable by the man who was wearing it. The view screen was worn like half of a pair of eyeglasses. Along the earpiece was affixed a small metallic tube with a red optic lens at the front. At the back end of the tube a tiny antenna spiraled upwards.

"It looks kind of like something I saw on that sci-fi show with these androids that attacked Earth from these giant cubes," James commented.

"Hey, wait a minute," Meowth interjected. He paused for a moment in thought. "I think Is knows what dat thing is. Back when Is was da top cat Is think Team Rocket's scientists were developin' something like dat. Theys said dat it was supposed to steal da powers of Pokémon and give ‘em to humans. Theys never was able to make it work though."

"But that was a long time ago," James though aloud. "Maybe they actually found a way to make it work now."

"Well, whatever he's up to, we've got to stop him," said Jessie.

"But didn't The Boss say that we are supposed to run the other way if we ever see Lance?" James queried.

"I know that, but if we foil one of Lance's plans The Boss will be overjoyed with us," Jessie rationalized.

"Your right," Meowth agreed. "Just imagine Da Boss wakin' up in da morning with all da stress of runnin' Team Rocket on his mind and when he thinks about what trouble da G-Men would be makin' for him he'll sit back and smile and say, ‘I'm so glad dat Jessie, James, and Meowth took care of dat Lance for me. I have too much to worry about without day guy breathing down my neck.'"

"All right!" James chimed.

Lance was indeed up to something, but it had nothing to do with the G-Men. He was there for a reason. He wanted something; something that was never intended to be his. What he wanted belonged to a creature that lived within this waterfall. It wouldn't be long now. He knew that his prize would come top him shortly.

"Hey Lance!" A shout came from below. Ash had been attempting to get the reigning Champions attention for several minutes, but to no avail.

"I wonder why he's ignoring us," Brock said.

"Maybe he can't hear us over the waterfall," Misty replied. She wasn't convinced, though. Anybody who didn't respond to Ash's loud voice had to be either completely deaf or ignoring him.

"No," Ash said, "he knows we're here." He paused. " I have a bad feeling about this. Something's wrong.. And we need to find out what it is."

"But Ash," Brock objected, "he's probably here on official Pokémon G-Men business. We shouldn't--"

A noise from deep within the grotto cut him off. It was sort of a howling sound, but more round, like a hard "oh" sound.

Lance grinned. "It's here."

The entire area was filled with the cry. Slowly a glow came from deep within the cave, followed by a sparkly, glitter-like substance. Soon a form appeared within the glow. It walked cautiously toward the man who had beckoned it. It strode effortlessly atop the water as if it were solid ground. In time, the creature was within an arms length of Lance.

"That's Ho-oh!" Ash cried as it came into his view.

Ho-oh tilted its head questioningly as it shifted its gaze from one of its fallen feathers to the man holding that feather. That man, Lance, dropped the feather and with cat-like speed he reached out to Ho-oh, grabbing its beak in his vice of a hand. Before Ho-oh even had a chance to react, Lance had reached up to his visor with his other hand and pressed a button that activated a beam a light. That light shot through the optic lens and into Ho-oh's right eye. No sound was made and no movement occurred. Ho-oh was completely paralyzed.

"What's going on?" Morty cried running through the opening of the cave. Eusine quickly followed him.

"Oh no!" Eusine cried as he saw Lance toss Ho-oh like a rag doll off the peak he was standing on. Morty and he ran into the pool to catch the mighty Pokémon, but they were too late. With a loud splash Ho-oh hit the soft sand beneath the water. The two quickly retrieved the creature and took it ashore.

"After a brief check Morty announced, "She's dead."

10. The Fish King

The Fish King New Member

There you have it. The very late part of my story. I'm really sorry to have kept you waiting but I've been busy and ill. I hope you liked this portion. I hope this doesn't get me kicked out of the PG Rating genre. I realy tried to keep it mellow. I didn't even give as much description of her death had I not been bound.

Tell me what you think. The next segment will come soon.

11. Joe Monkey

Joe Monkey New Member

What is it with you and killing. You know what, I should just kill you right now. I'm just kidding(don't hert me :D). Lets just hope they don't lock this.

12. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Hey, in the holiday spirit, sombody pass me a Ho-oh drumstick.... Sorry a little turkey day humor...... Hope it doesnt get locked either. I have seen worse in PG (13) setting, so hopefully not.....

So far very interesting story Fish King, keep it up...

13. The Fish King

The Fish King New Member

Thanks for the compliment. Since it's Ho-oh day... err, I mean Turkey Day, I'm taking a break, but I'll start writing the next section tomarrow. Expect an update soon afterwards.

Oh, and Mr. Dueling Monkey... I know where you live... :rolleyes:

14. Charizard19190

Charizard19190 New Member

Ok, it's weird. i say that aloot..it's most certainly unlike any pkmn i've read, & i like the 'PG' part about it1 & i had Ho-oh today too! i can't wait till Christmas!!

.......Ho-oh-oh! Ho-oh-oh! :lol: :lol: :lol:

15. Joe Monkey

Joe Monkey New Member

I still have some Ho-oh left, and you know Fish King? I Know where you live too.(thought you have the car... ) Just Keep that story coming.

16. The Fish King

The Fish King New Member

I didn't get as much written as I had hoped. I got a spell of writer's block. But I have kept you waiting long enough. Here is the next section. Keep in mind, it is only about one-sixth of what I had hoped to have ready by now.

"I know it's hard to believe," Lawrence explained, "but I told you it's Lance Mangum." He was frantic. He had recieved a call from the Pokémon G-Men. When the world's ballance of nature started shifting, there was nobody more suspect than him. Tempests were raging. Snow was falling in the Amazon Forest. Volcanoes were erupting all around the Great Ring of the Pacific Ocean. Most importantly, nothing was dying. "No, I don't know where he is. The last I saw of him was when he asked for my help. Call Eusine; nobody knows more about Ho-oh than he does." He paced around his gallery. He had more pressing matters to attend to than arguing with headquarters. "Well, if he isn't answering, then he's probably all ready working on it. I've got to go... No, I need to hang up now! There's a huge mess over here and I need to deal with it! Goodbye!"

With that done he looked out of his airship towards Shamouti Island. A Slowking stared back at him.

A violent tremor shook the aircraft as Articuno iced another propellor. The three Titans had reinstated thier assult on each other as they had when Lawrence first came to the Orange Archepelago. "Poor creatures... They want so much to help, but they are cursed to fight when the ballance is disturbed," The Collector though aloud.

An enchanting song echoed from far below when a twister of water rose from the ocean's surface.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2003
  17. Joe Monkey

Joe Monkey New Member

That writer's block is proble due to being up so early :eek:

18. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Man, its been like over a week now, wheres the rest of the chapter??? hanging on my seat...... this is my second fave story on here so far (I am partial to my own for obvious reasons, lol).... Hope to see more soon

19. Joe Monkey

Joe Monkey New Member

What going on TFK, and why did bother postting it at Anacondasoftware

Last edited: Dec 9, 2003
  20. The Fish King

The Fish King New Member

Gomen nasai. Gomen nasai.

I'm really sorry guys. I have a whole lot of things going on. I'm helping my brother enroll in college (Joe, you know he can't do anything by himself...), I'm getting readdy for my... how would I say it on the Pokégym without breaking any rules?... my religious endeavor... I guess I can call it that... I've had Christmas stuff to deal with. (I have a cool Christmas thing for the 'Gym coming soon) All this and a bad case of writer's block have been holding back my writing...

I promise that I'll start on it tomarrow! I swear! Gomen...

P.S. I posted it on AnacondaSoftware mainly for Infoseeker...